ADVERTISEMENT

DAMON BENNING

giphy.gif

Reactions: GBRforLife1
I'm assuming since on radio fb broadcast he doesn't have the time. Also possibly a non-compete clause in contract?

Reactions: saluno22
What happened, did he get let go?

I just figured he was having someone sub for this week. Listened to the show Monday through Wednesday and they had a couple different young female analysts in for him, so I didn’t bother listening yesterday or today. (just generally don’t like substitute hosts) But they did refer to the show as “The Damon Benning show with Robbie Loula(sp?)” the whole week. (Or at least Monday through Wednesday)

What happened to the other guy? “Coffee?” 🤨

He gone… Rogers was his last name, can’t remember his 1st name. Anyway, he hasn’t been part of the show for awhile now. They don’t talk about it, just changed the name of the show and promoted the Robbie Loula guy. Not a great show really, IMO, I just listen cause it’s the only local show I can listen to live with my daily schedule.

He gone… Rogers was his last name, can’t remember his 1st name. Anyway, he hasn’t been part of the show for awhile now. They don’t talk about it, just changed the name of the show and promoted the Robbie Loula guy. Not a great show really, IMO, I just listen cause it’s the only local show I can listen to live with my daily schedule.
I think the co-pilots name is “Ravi Lula”.

Omaha sports radio is truly embarrassing to be honest.

Sharp and Benning in the AM was actually good back in the day, but they effed that up.

The afternoon stuff…good God…
I haven’t listened to a local radio show in years. They’re all just brutal. It’s waaay too much time to fill for Husker football alone.

The HoL podcast isn’t bad. Sipple is annoying and incredibly unknowledgeable. The 247 one is slightly worse IMO. But something I’m able to listen to.

Reactions: Lincoln100
I think it is “Ravi,” and he is absolutely insufferable. He is an impossible listen; he makes Sipple palatable.

I wish DB was on more. He loves him some DB, but he does have some good insight on football and is articulate about it. It isn’t just “we need some dawgs” or the same ole stupid talking points. I listen to 93.7 because it is a little funny listening to the guys clown on Sipple.

I wish DB was on more. He loves him some DB, but he does have some good insight on football and is articulate about it. It isn’t just “we need some dawgs” or the same ole stupid talking points. I listen to 93.7 because it is a little funny listening to the guys clown on Sipple.
I swear sometimes it takes DB 3 minutes to finish one sentence.

I think it is “Ravi,” and he is absolutely insufferable. He is an impossible listen; he makes Sipple palatable.

His name Ravi Loula(sp?)? Lol at me, I thought it was “Robbie” this whole time. I know he said he was of India decent, but I genuinely thought his name was Robbie.😆

Reactions: WHCSC
I swear sometimes it takes DB 3 minutes to finish one sentence.

Also talks about the happenings of his personal life waaay too much IMO. I get that a host will talk about what going on in their personal life to some degree, but it’s a bit much at times. I think most of us (I know I do) tune in to hear about what’s happening with our local sports teams (and national sports news), not to learn about the ins and outs of the host’s personal life.

Damon will be back at 1620 before you know it.

I am sure there will be cryptic post or comment soon.

I haven’t listened to a local radio show in years. They’re all just brutal. It’s waaay too much time to fill for Husker football alone.

The HoL podcast isn’t bad. Sipple is annoying and incredibly unknowledgeable. The 247 one is slightly worse IMO. But something I’m able to listen to.
Sip unknowledgeable?!! Sip is amazing! You don’t last decades in the biz and not know anything! I think he’s great on HOL. It is definitely one of my faves probably second behind Nick Bahe. Sip and Bill Busch are great together on The Morning Break as well.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
Sip unknowledgeable?!! Sip is amazing! You don’t last decades in the biz and not know anything! I think he’s great on HOL. It is definitely one of my faves probably second behind Nick Bahe. Sip and Bill Busch are great together on The Morning Break as well.
You created this account in 2016, have never posted here until today to defend Sipple?

You’re a brave man…

I'm fine with him not having a show anymore. Man is nice to listen to once or twice a week anymore and it becomes rough.

I have heard him say that Simms is a better passer than Lamar Jackson. He legitimately got in an argument with Callahan about why Volkelk didn’t try to transition to a OT a month before the draft. He says he doesn’t even watch the Super Bowl because he would prefer to go to dinner when it’s slow. He’s a sports journalist!

When he is with Callahan, it’s obvious how much less he knows about the roster and the game than his peers.

Reactions: timnsun

Sip could have used your love/support years ago. Winking

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT