ADVERTISEMENT

Curious

I have a mixed perspective these days....I played in the day with NO foreign players...moved to Wichita in 1977, became good friends/hitting acquaintances with many WSU players, almost ALL from other places...they may have been cutting edge..today, three of my assistant coaches played at WSU and the perspective they bring is so interesting and GOOD for our kids...i love them...but at same time, less spots for American players.
I’ve met the foreign born players on concordia’s roster and love what they bring. They are respectful and love the game of tennis. My daughter has learned a thing or two as well (good things, of course). You’re right that fewer spots for American players, and I wrestle with that a bit, but the quality of tennis at these matches I’m able to attend is so much higher across the board. Most schools had 1 or 2 good players. Now it’s every position in the lineup. Fun to watch!

Sorry OP, got carried away a bit...

Reactions: dpnavy
Played football for 5 years at Wayne State. Coincidentally, Iowa's new DL coach was my position coach for a couple years there. He's a great man, good recruiter, mediocre coach of the game/technique.

Reactions: SOHusker11
I played D3 basketball for 4 years and then went overseas and played in Germany after school.

I wrestled in high school till I got kicked off the team for 1 gram of blond hash. then I mostly rode duel sports and snow and water skied. and did a lot of fishing, and hunting pheasant and quail

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
I played college baseball at Iowa Western and pitched until I tore my shoulder up and gave it up after my freshman year. I tried to make a comeback at an NAIA school a couple years later, but just didn't have it anymore and hung it up for good.

Had a scholarship offer from the coast guard in football but I wasn’t to keen about the water, I like to drink it and shower but never been much of a swimmer so I turned it down

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Had a scholarship offer from the coast guard in football but I wasn’t to keen about the water, I like to drink it and shower but never been much of a swimmer so I turned it down

Did they want you as an underwater welder?

McCormick Cajun seasoning is actually really good but you can make your own:

Cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt, thyme, and smoked paprika. 2 Tbsp paprika, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp thyme, 1 Tbsp rest. I like mine hot so you can either reduce or leave out the cayenne

Roast 1 head of garlic in the oven. 300* for about 10 to 15 min. Cut the thing in half put on some olive oil and kosher salt on the cut side and wrap it in aluminum foil bubble before putting it in the oven.

Put 2 tbsp butter in a non stick skillet and low until it turns a golden brown, do not burn!!! Sprinkle in about 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic and toast it, but do not blacken the garlic, start over if you do.

Then add 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and let heat up, not boil on med low. Take the roasted garlic out of its paper and mash in a bowl. Put half in the sauce and simmer low a couple min.

Add grated, not powdered, parmesan Reggiano(sp) and stir constantly until its melted and fully incorporated.

Cook fettuccine in salted water with olive oil until it still has some bite, not crunch or mush.

Thinly Chop up green onion and parsley as much you care to eat. Slice up ripe tomatoes.

Pound out your thighs or breasts to about 1/2 in. Coat in melted butter and dust both sides w Cajun seasoning.

Cook in a cast iron skillet or whatever skillet until done. Cut on a bias and put over pasta and sauce. Then arrange your tomatoes all pretty like and sprinkle on your chopped green onions and parsley and sprinkle a bit of the grated parm on top.

Good luck finishing it all.

4 years NAIA football. My claim to mediocrity was being 2nd string three years in a row behind 3 different starters. Had a lot of fun and have always felt it was a better use of my time than sitting on a broken down couch eating Doritos and watching Jerry Springer after class. I feel lucky I never really had a major injury because I saw a lot of torn up knees and shoulders and I can't really remember anyone missing a game because of a concussion.

PS: scariest athlete I saw in person was Jerry Drake at Hastings. I didn't play against him thank god.

Didn't play any sports aside from intramural and club. I just ran 4.3 40s and bench pressed 300+ in my free time so I could bed as many co-eds possibly (9s and 10s only of course) and position myself as a future captain of industry.

Message boards didn't yet exist when I attended DONU, but I had a feeling that anonymous chest pumping about such accomplishments would be important one day. Smokin

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT