ADVERTISEMENT

Curious on what the players think

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
I have not been on the board for awhile so maybe it has already came up. I now many of the players were very upset when Bo was fired. I am curious how they feel now, if any have commented about Riley vs Bo. Such as if they think the coaching is better now, if they feel they are in better position to succeed, if the program dynamics are better? I know Kevin Williams has stated 'the practices actually start on time now" Wonder if any have heard anything else.

I am guessing although many were upset when bo was fired, most realize now they are much better off

I'm sure they all have different thoughts about it but fortunately for everyone's sake they seem to be smart enough to keep those thoughts to themselves. There's nothing to be gained for anyone by talking about it in public. It's move on time.

Agree with RedCap. I'm about two or three posts away from not speaking of Bo for a good number of years. Players can think what they want but at least they are smart about it and I hope they are all aboard the Riley express. Beating a dead horse doesn't do anything... literally.

Originally posted by husker2612:
I have not been on the board for awhile so maybe it has already came up. I now many of the players were very upset when Bo was fired. I am curious how they feel now, if any have commented about Riley vs Bo. Such as if they think the coaching is better now, if they feel they are in better position to succeed, if the program dynamics are better? I know Kevin Williams has stated 'the practices actually start on time now" Wonder if any have heard anything else.

I am guessing although many were upset when bo was fired, most realize now they are much better off
Riley and his assistants seem to have taken a very high road when talking about the former coaches and coaching. There is absolutely no reason the players shouldn't like Riley and it was apparent Saturday that morale is good. I would say very good.

There was a vocal minority that screamed about Pelini being fired. Mostly seniors. I've been told most players didn't really have an issue with it. Once the shock of what happened wore off, they were fine with it.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

It doesnt seem very productive to keep beating this dead horse ....most of the time people just end up calling other people names and getting threads locked.

The initial shock would happen anywhere in the country and I can honestly say that most players, while they may not have been happy about the firing, were also not upset about the firing. As others have pointed out, the vocal players were really in the minority.
As far as Riley goes, I have heard first hand accounts from 2 players who feel it's a world of difference--in a good way. These are only 2 so I can't say about the rest, but I'm guessing most have moved on by now, while there will always be a few who wish Bo would have stayed (a few will decide based on playing time alone).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT