ADVERTISEMENT

Cristobal to Miami

Probably for 1) pay, 2) better local recruiting pool, 3) no state income tax and 4) better climate.

And maybe Nike is upset that he lost to Utah.

P.S. $9 million per year in a no income tax state is pretty attractive.

Last edited:
Some people like it hot. Thousands moving to Florida every year.
I did six years in the '80s. Covered the 'Canes, Gators and Dolphins. Football practice in July, August, September, October and even early November is just torture. I guess the three-month payoff over the winter is worth it to some people. I was done with it 31 years ago.

Miami hasn't even fired their coach yet lol.

The last guy who left Oregon for a Florida school didn't last long (Willie Taggart). I'd probably stay in the Pac-12 North which is incredibly weak now that Washington and Stanford are down. But Miami is home to him.

Now who do the Ducks get? Bring back Chip Kelly? Justin Wilcox? Try to draw Chris Petersen out of retirement?

I don't think Miami is a great job anymore. Extremely overrated job IMO.

Miami hasn't even fired their coach yet lol.

The last guy who left Oregon for a Florida school didn't last long (Willie Taggart). I'd probably stay in the Pac-12 North which is incredibly weak now that Washington and Stanford are down. But Miami is home to him.

Now who do the Ducks get? Bring back Chip Kelly? Justin Wilcox? Try to draw Chris Petersen out of retirement?
Great question. Lots of dollars for someone.

Still hard to believe, Diaz has a 8 million dollar buyout, Cristobal owes 9 million to Oregon if he leaves. The rumor was Miami didn’t have the $$$ to pull this off

Reactions: dinglefritz
Still hard to believe, Diaz has a 8 million dollar buyout, Cristobal owes 9 million to Oregon if he leaves. The rumor was Miami didn’t have the $$$ to pull this off
obviously one of their cartel alums stepped up to the plate. Miami has some very deep boosters. I know some Oregon boosters weren't too happy with Cristobal. There's a chance that they negotiated down his buyout to let him walk. Campbell would do well there IMO but I doubt that's a splashy enough hire for them.

Diaz should be doing everything he can to sink that program. If I were him, I’d be having a pina colada on the beach tomorrow.
No shit, I would be excited if I was him...

His options are...

1. Keep his gig and get paid millions
2. Lose his gig and get paid millions

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT