ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats USC!! Welcome to the Big 10

LSU has nobody to blame more than themselves..They were very undisciplined doing the little things that beat you..
Taunting- Stupid
Taking your helmet off after a huge turnover- stupid

They had control of the game through out.Driving all the way down field and on their first drive and getting no points was one big difference in the game also..

My two biggest locks this weekend would have cost me if I bet CFB. Buffs and Tigers. Probably a good thing I didnt start an account somewhere. Congrats USC....didnt see that coming.

LSU lost this game by committing stupid penalties. 10 for 99 yards including a showboating penalty after a touchdown that caused the kickoff to be returned almost to USC field goal range and the final targeting.
I saw that targeting penalty at the end of game and I thought why don’t these guys ever learn?

i find it humorous before week 1 when many thought it would be a good year to get to a bowl or win 7-8 games. And now they are pissed that we “will definitely” lose to USC.

If you were going to be happy with 7-8 wins then you are content to have 4-5 losses. Week 1 over reactions are hilarious.

Reactions: HuskerO
Yes the Trojans looked better on D. Yes their offense is explosive loaded with athletes, it always is. Yes they have what looks to be a very good qb. However, LSU looks a bit undisciplined on D to me and out of position a lot. If I had to handicap our game right now against then, I’d say we’re about a 10.5 point dog.

He sure did. That throw tho reminded me of Tanner against whoever that loser team we played had 2 pic 6s.

Thanks for posting that. Those highlights, in a nutshell, sum up Nebraska's play in the last 12-15 years. Highly touted transfer who was a bust? Check. Helping out the opponent with stupid mistakes and on field decisions? Check. The defense letting a team back in it immediately after we have seized momentum? Check.

Let's hope we're a better coached outfit with smarter QB decision making from this point forward!

Reactions: RedMyMind
So, wait...we went from "those soft ass west coast teams are in for a rude awakening when they get to the B1G" to "hell yeah, that's our B1G brethren" just like that? Or, how does this work?

Jeezus, we’re a bunch of cucks if that’s the case. Yeah, let’s not be those guys
Well, first. USC is my second favorite college team because I’ve lived in Southern California since I was a teenager and have lived in LA my entire adult life. (Born in Omaha and raised a Husker fan. Dad went to UNL. Majority of family still in Nebraska.)

There are a TON of Nebraska alumni and transplants in California. In fact, when I was a kid Californians for Nebraska was third largest fan organization in the state behind SC and Notre Dame. Not sure if that’s still the case.

So, people saying “soft ass West Coast” team were clearly ignorant of Husker history. TO’s teams had a healthy pipeline to SoCal and several key players were from the state. When I played high school football in Orange County, Nebraska was one of the top destinations after SC and UCLA. There is a long history in football between the two states.

Second, the only time I become a conference wonk is when a B1G team plays the original conference wonks. The SEC is insufferable and so is ESPN. It is good for college football to have multiple schools from different regions be good and competitive.

Also, I do like B1G football because it reminds me of old school Nebraska: stout defense, punishing running game.

I also dislike the south, mightily.

Reactions: BleedRed78
This USC team was one of the big ? nationally because of their year-in and year-out sorry defenses. They played well against an LSU team that has a loaded offense and what many consider the best OL in the country. Those 2 LSU OTs should both be top 15 - or so - in the next NFL draft. This USC team could really make some noise not only in the B1G, but also nationally. Watch out as they have athleticism and speed galore just like OSU and Oregon

that was a fine early season game. kelly seemed to have the athletes, lincoln had the better team at the end. outlandish catches. superb qb play on both sides. sec goes 1-3 versus p4 teams: aTm loses to nd, florida to miami, and lsu to usc. makes me smile.

that was a fine early season game. kelly seemed to have the athletes, lincoln had the better team at the end. outlandish catches. superb qb play on both sides. sec goes 1-3 versus p4 teams: aTm loses to nd, florida to miami, and lsu to usc. makes me smile.

Yeah well, I think Miami, ND and USC are probably playoff teams, or solid contenders at least. So, let’s not all get too excited about the collapse of the SEC just yet

Let’s slow our roll and see how we look as the year progresses. I don’t think USC is a slam dunk L
TBH, I already had USC as a likely loss along with tOSU… now it seems they are much improved on D and those transfers are legit. Plus they have really good WR.
I am not here to slobber knock them but LSU is also loaded and they still won.
We aren’t winning at the Coliseum with a frosh QB and our OL and RB. We just aren’t.
Not trying to be a downer but USC is better than expected

TBH, I already had USC as a likely loss along with tOSU… now it seems they are much improved on D and those transfers are legit. Plus they have really good WR.
I am not here to slobber knock them but LSU is also loaded and they still won.
We aren’t winning at the Coliseum with a frosh QB and our OL and RB. We just aren’t.
Not trying to be a downer but USC is better than expected
There is still so much to learn about both teams. I personally think we will be able to run the ball pretty effectively on most teams that are not top 10 defense types. Our interior OL is one of the best in the country and our OT I think will be better than I originally thought. If we can run the ball, we will be able to score on you, and if we can win TOP our defense will be very very difficult to score many points against.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT