ADVERTISEMENT

Commit

If the staff truly believe he is one of the top recruits at his position fine. I am fine with that. But as I have pointed out, since scouts have been looking at HS players and most importantly the last 20 years, you won't find a team that has won a national championship in power 5 conferences that did recruit top classes leading up to that title. Once in a while you will see a team with average recruiting win a conference title here and there. But they never win the game that everyone wants to be in. And they don't stay competitive long. They always have drop off seasons. no one can truly look at this class as a whole an say without blind loyalty "This is the class that can get us to that next step".

Tell me, am I wrong?

Tell us, should we just not fill this class?

Questions... If the kid starts getting offers left and right from power 5 schools in the near future, and by chance gets an upgrade from Rivals if he keeps throwing up Tecmo Bowl stats... Do we get to come back and revisit this discussion? Because its been fun so far... I'm going to root for this kid in particular just because of all the non sense I've seen in this "welcoming" thread.

So can someone from California tell us about Stockton? What size school are we talking about? Against what kind of competition? I would imagine it would have to be a smaller school against lesser competition...

I would like to know this too. Any Cali peps that can fill us in?

Well maybe he'll get invited to something like the Arm
Sure, after 6 years of it....

Nawww, there were plenty of people saying we shouldn't be offering guys like Walker Ashburn or Tyler Evans and saying we should have went harder after guys like Drew Ott and Harrison Phillips.

Questions... If the kid starts getting offers left and right from power 5 schools in the near future, and by chance gets an upgrade from Rivals if he keeps throwing up Tecmo Bowl stats... Do we get to come back and revisit this discussion? Because its been fun so far... I'm going to root for this kid in particular just because of all the non sense I've seen in this "welcoming" thread.
Are we really that caught up in stars and rankings? If our coaches are as good as advertised we will put the stars on them.

Are we really that caught up in stars and rankings? If our coaches are as good as advertised we will put the stars on them.
We've seen tremendous improvement in our WRs and QB play so far this year. What we need, and what it appears this kid may be, is a kid with the juice to make big plays with his feet after the catch. DPE is that kind of guy and this kid sounds like he might have a similar skillset. I don't care how big he is. Last time I checked Seattle is very happy with their mini-player Lockett.

I view this kid much like I do Cethan Carter. Carter was a kid in a key talent hotbed (Louisiana) and LSU didn't offer. But Carter is a beast. That's not to say this kid will necessarily turn out, but I definitely don't fall on the train that says we don't want him because USC isn't all over his nuts right now or he's not a 5.8 or whatever.

POTD simply for bring up a Tecmo Bowl reference.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Liked the comment about him; a speed guy looking to the ( fast ) lane. Family big into education; great career goals.

not sure why anyone is surprised. this has been par for the course for years. too bad the welcome leroy alexander thread isn't still around. I think his only offer was from a MAC school.

Reactions: Nate004

There is a chance that we could revisit this topic (maybe not this particular thread per se), and all the other commits as well if there's interest. In the summer I started keeping a spreadsheet with every committed players ratings and Power 5 + ND offers. I'm still updating the spreadsheet with any status changes for MBO.

There is a chance that we could revisit this topic (maybe not this particular thread per se), and all the other commits as well if there's interest. In the summer I started keeping a spreadsheet with every committed players ratings and Power 5 + ND offers. I'm still updating the spreadsheet with any status changes for MBO.

Smokin Should be fun...

not sure why anyone is surprised. this has been par for the course for years. too bad the welcome leroy alexander thread isn't still around. I think his only offer was from a MAC school.

Toledo I believe

And where is he now...?

I hope it's ignorance. If it's coaching, have you looked at Boise st? Where is the coaching you're talking about or mani missing something. Love MR as a person, but the top recruits ain't coming.

I hope it's ignorance. If it's coaching, have you looked at Boise st? Where is the coaching you're talking about or mani missing something. Love MR as a person, but the top recruits ain't coming.
Ehhhhh...Patterson and Briles are behind us in recruiting rankings and both are top 5. At TCU and Baylor they put the stars on the kids. We are Nebraska...Riley and company can put the stars on them.

Last edited:
Ehhhhh...Patterson and Broyles are behind us in recruiting rankings and both are top 5. At TCU and Baylor they put the stars on the kids. We are Nebraska...Riley and company can put the stars on them.
Keep telling yourself that. If you believe more power to you. You are alone my friend. Why haven't we won in 15 years? Not even a conf title if we out stars on kids? Or is because MR wasn't at Neb?

Keep telling yourself that. If you believe more power to you. You are alone my friend. Why haven't we won in 15 years? Not even a conf title if we out stars on kids? Or is because MR wasn't at Neb?
Riley...or Patterson or Briles.

Interesting, bring up Alexander but no mention of Gladney, how convenient...

As for our new commit, we'll be lucky to keep him.

We haven't won a title in 15 years simply because we haven't had the coaches to win any, we lost our stature of being on the cutting edge and past coaches have rubbed local coaches and talent the wrong way. It has nothing to do with racking up classes of 15 four star players. That has never been Nebraska, we have always depended on walk-ons/local talent, great coaching, being on the cutting edge in athletic training, and finding special talent across the nation. That typically results in classes that rank 15-25. We became the winning-est program in the past 40 years by doing that, not pulling in top 5 recruiting classes year in year out. We have always been blue collar... always been the underdog. If you don't like that... you will never like Nebraska, because that is who we are and that isn't going to change, barring a major population shift.

Interesting, bring up Alexander but no mention of Gladney, how convenient...

As for our new commit, we'll be lucky to keep him.
Right on point again !!! What this recruit is doing is reality folks; we are so agile, we were right there - others will be hot to follow, ask Wilson. This is a bright young man; he sees we are actually the best to build his life, and the coaches to get him to next level - a commit.

ADVERTISEMENT