ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado will need a new head coach

He says he is relying on the trasnfer portal. Take a look for yourself. The highest graded player in the transfer portal is a mid level 4 star. Its a quick drop off after a few 4 stars.

There isnt enough talent in the portal - especially at key position groups like O line and D line

Maybe Deion knows something I dont

The portal really benefits top teams who can fill a couple roster gaps with proven players. Whether that is a high level fcs player or a player moving from non power 5 to power 5.

From what I can tell most of the players in the portal are relatively young and haven't done much in college. So you are alot of times getting a little more physically mature player who has already struggled at one school. Hard to fill too many spots with those players.

Sure, you might find an Ajay Allen, who is very young, played good, and has potential (if he indeed transfers). But more than likely your getting a Braxton Clark or Shawn Hardy where you don't know what your getting.

He is essentially trying to create a new college football team over the summer. I think people arguing that Deion is going to load this roster with talent and that "We Comin" - you just dont understand the true college football landscape and are clearly just a casual fan

Reactions: BleedRed78
here's Deion's entire segment on the McAfee Show yesterday for any interested:

(starts at 23:55)

He says he is relying on the trasnfer portal. Take a look for yourself. The highest graded player in the transfer portal is a mid level 4 star. Its a quick drop off after a few 4 stars.

There isnt enough talent in the portal - especially at key position groups like O line and D line

Maybe Deion knows something I dont
To be fair, he didn't say he was looking for players. He said he had a list of dogs ready to go.

I don't know how the NCAA treats that.

dum-pick-em.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT