ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado will be TERRIBLE

I think TCU will blow their doors off but CU’s QB gives them a puncher’s chance.
They lost quit a bit offensively from last years team and have to replace 8 starters on offense …

I believe they cover the 20.5 not sure they win by 4 TD’s

Reactions: Laner2
We really don't know anything about them yet (or Nebraska). They obviously have a talented QB, DBs, and some speed. I suspect they will not be very good this year (especially early), but we just don't know much yet.
Everyone keeps saying how good their QB is. Yes, he is a P5 QB talent, but he was putting up numbers against lower FCS players. He lost his last game against equal talent. Let's put on the brakes for this kid, he has not proven anything.

I find myself rooting for Deion....the criticism is so over the top at this point it's now officially silly. Now do I think he'll succeed at Boulder? No...I'd put the chances at slim to none, but I hope he proves a lot of people wrong.
I am going to borrow a line from Top Gun about Deion... he is writing checks his body can't cash at Colorado ... he is a full blown ass, always has been, always will be.

I am going to borrow a line from Top Gun about Deion... he is writing checks his body can't cash at Colorado ... he is a full blown ass, always has been, always will be.

An athlete who was arguably the greatest two way player of our generation and played pro baseball at the same time is......cocky?? No freaking way!!!

Glad we don't have any cocky athletes on our team...who'd want that!!!

Dude's worth tens of millions, woulda been a lot easier to do nothing. Instead he took a huge risk, put himself out there at a school he's already behind the 8 ball on. Pretty ballsy if you ask me.

An athlete who was arguably the greatest two way player of our generation and played pro baseball at the same time is......cocky?? No freaking way!!!

Dude's worth tens of millions, woulda been a lot easier to do nothing. Instead he took a huge risk, put himself out there at a school he's already behind the 8 ball on. Pretty ballsy if you ask me.
I wrote at Colorado...

My distaste for him is as high as your passion for him. I will never have anything positive to say about him.

Last edited:
I find myself rooting for Deion....the criticism is so over the top at this point it's now officially silly. Now do I think he'll succeed at Boulder? No...I'd put the chances at slim to none, but I hope he proves a lot of people wrong.

I find myself rooting against him because all the unwarranted hype and praise on him is beyond ridiculous. This is a guy who was an assistant HS coach a few years ago, but now he's going to win championships because he is rich, or cool, or used to run fast? OK. I don't know what will happen, but I hope Colorado sucks and all the "Coach Prime" fanboys pumping him up and talking all this shit will have to step back and come back to reality.

I find myself rooting against him because all the unwarranted hype and praise on him is beyond ridiculous. This is a guy who was an assistant HS coach a few years ago, but now he's going to win championships because he is rich, or cool, or used to run fast? OK. I don't know what will happen, but I hope Colorado sucks and all the "Coach Prime" fanboys pumping him up and talking all this shit will have to step back and come back to reality.

Outside of Colorado fans (which is their duty to do)..I don't really see anyone claiming he's going to kill it or win championships. I do see a ton of "we'll see but i'm doubtful" kinds of things....and a ton of other fan bases ripping on him.....but don't see the "pumping him up" or "talking shit", at all, outside of CU fans. I wonder if you're mistaking guys like me who are fascinated by the expeirment of the hire...with fanbois? I see a lot of interest from a ton of people...which is cool. I think a lot of people are dying to see how it plays out.

We better lay the wood to them. Couldn't be more gun shy, though, after watching us invent about a dozen brand new ways to lose games over the last several years.

At any rate, I'll say this:

I hope they're 0-11 heading into Thanksgiving. If they are, I'll make time tune into their 11/25 game

Outside of Colorado fans (which is their duty to do)..I don't really see anyone claiming he's going to kill it or win championships. I do see a ton of "we'll see but i'm doubtful" kinds of things....and a ton of other fan bases ripping on him.....but don't see the "pumping him up" or "talking shit", at all, outside of CU fans. I wonder if you're mistaking guys like me who are fascinated by the expeirment of the hire...with fanbois? I see a lot of interest from a ton of people...which is cool. I think a lot of people are dying to see how it plays out.

We have multiple posters on this very board who have done exactly that.

There have been claims he will: Rake in 5 stars, win championships, has never failed at anything, was undoubtedly the best hire of the off-season, etc, etc.

When Coach Prime was questioned posters doubting him were labeled as: jealous, racist, scared, pussies, etc, by the Coach Prime fan club. And this is on a Nebraska board.

So yes, this shit pisses me off, and I hope Colorado blows mostly because of these clown show posters.

We have multiple posters on this very board who have done exactly that.

There have been claims he will: Rake in 5 stars, win championships, has never failed at anything, was undoubtedly the best hire of the off-season, etc, etc.

When Coach Prime was questioned posters doubting him were labeled as: jealous, racist, scared, pussies, etc, by the Coach Prime fan club. And this is on a Nebraska board.

So yes, this shit pisses me off, and I hope Colorado blows mostly because of these clown show posters.

I harkin back to maybe two posters who defended the hire beyond what I would have...I just didn't take it personally and they are in the minority. By a mile.

I loved Prime and all of his cockiness and was intrigued of what he could do. He is starting to get ridiculous and really annoying. He also lost me when he said he wasn't a Nole. That's ridiculous. I think FSU has his number retired, but for me he is just starting to be ****in annoying. He can earn that right if he wins games, but he should maybe quit talking for a bit until he sees how good his team is. As NU fans we know this.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I see articles from espn, fox sports, people magazine, the New Yorker, and countless other organizations fawning over deion and his dog-walking abilities.

Ok, I’m exaggerating. But still, for as many wait and see articles there are about Prime, there are at least as many clamoring for his imminent success, and by imminent, I mean this year.

So yeah, I’m with headcard on this. The hype has worn thin.

Reactions: headcard
Denver radio guy nails it. Small lines, zero depth. That locker room full of egos is going be a dumpster fire after a month. Crazy sCUm fans don't see it too.

They might be able to hang with our receivers but if Ervin and our ground game is as advertised he and Sims should steam roll them on the ground and our secondary is a strength. Gifford going rover on Sanders…may give up a big play or two but should play disciplined enough to allow other defenders to swarm for tackles.

This guy implies the public is favoring Colorado over us? Maybe they are but last I checked we’re favored by 10.

Same. They will kill it in TV ratings until they are 1-4 with ugly losses, then that plummets.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
He’s not being criticized nationally - pockets of other team’s boards is where that comes. He’s got a huge cheering section on the national stage and ego’s are getting huge!!! I agree with comments above after the first few games it’s going to crumble like the house of cards it is.

Same. They will kill it in TV ratings until they are 1-4 with ugly losses, then that plummets.
He’s not being criticized nationally - pockets of other team’s boards is where that comes. He’s got a huge cheering section on the national stage and ego’s are getting huge!!! I agree with comments above after the first few games it’s going to crumble like the house of cards it is.

Agree X2

Everyone has a right to their own opinions with regard to Deion. But, I will say this, I'd hope we're all pulling for them to beat TCU this weekend so they're 1-0 with even more hype when we head in there.

• Haha
Reactions: headcard and WHCSC
Everyone has a right to their own opinions with regard to Deion. But, I will say this, I'd hope we're all pulling for them to beat TCU this weekend so they're 1-0 with even more hype when we head in there.

I think they are a 2 or 3 (4 max) win team at the end of the year so one of those better not come at our expense.

I think they are a 2 or 3 (4 max) win team at the end of the year so one of those better not come at our expense.
You mean like Northwestern last year? The magnitude of that embarassment didn't become apparent until later.

While I get the logic on it being better for NU to beat a 1-0 CU team versus a 0-1 team, there's no way I can convince myself to actually root for them against TCU.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I'm just glad I get to go watch the Huskers play tonight and don't have to wait until Saturday to cheer for "Coach Prime".

Reactions: leodisflowers
I can never root for Sanders, his ego is too much for me to handle. I won't say prime , nor have I watched one clip about him at or about Colorado. With that being said ,they beat us the last two times when they shouldn't have, I won't talk shit till we beat them .

When his kid runs out of eligibility, Deion will run out of desire to be a CFB coach.

• Sad
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
Buffs have led the nation in transfer talent… can’t see them being great this year, but it’s not as if they’re not getting quality athletes. Deion is a tool tho. Always has been. Demonstrative Diva.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT