ADVERTISEMENT

Collins: Ex-coach contact positive, overblown by ex-Huskers

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was referring to Kaz, you know the convicted wife beater. It's pretty obvious who he was referring to unless, of course, you're trying to stir the pot.
Where did I ever talk about believing Kaz? He never was brought up and twice I'm accused of believing a wife beater when Collins was the only one mentioned. Maybe he was confused and thought I wasn't really talking about Collins but was talking about Kaz.

Where did I ever talk about believing Kaz? He never was brought up and twice I'm accused of believing a wife beater when Collins was the only one mentioned. Maybe he was confused and thought I wasn't really talking about Collins but was talking about Kaz.
You really need to stop trolling and acting. Nobody is this stupid. By simply trolling this long I can believe you have at least some cognative thinking ability. Is that incorrect?

Could you possibly go to the well just one more time on this joke? I'm not sure if you've milked every ounce of mileage out of it just yet.

Peter never said the wife-beater was telling his former players to not play the way they are coached. But if you want to believe a wife-beater that gets in fights with fellow coaches on the sideline is promoting the program or having a positive message to kids, that's a you problem.

Remember the phone prank and how it looked lik a hostage situation??? So much damage was done that it not affecting the teams play is impossible.

What seems to be missed in all this is Collins indicated that if Kaz would speak negatively to anybody it would be him, as a captain. That may be true, but then again, the possibility exists that Kaz would be talking to others and not Collins.

I know this might be a stretch, but it is a possibility.

If Kaz is tampering with the players or not, Bo still has a hold on some of the current players. I have heard from a current player that starters/captains are not playing hard and don't care because they are in a Bo pitty party.

I am glad that MR has taken the high road, but I think he needs to think about benching a couple players and let some kids that want to give 100% a shot.

What seems to be missed in all this is Collins indicated that if Kaz would speak negatively to anybody it would be him, as a captain. That may be true, but then again, the possibility exists that Kaz would be talking to others and not Collins.

I know this might be a stretch, but it is a possibility.
I noticed that too, either way it's a distraction that needs to go away.

Reactions: timnsun
Exactly, and the fact Peter claimed Kaz still lives in Lincoln, when in fact, he is living in South Bend, Indiana. That right there is a red flag the guy doesnt have all the facts straight.

Where Kaz lives isn't even germane to the topic at hand. Who cares where he lives...unless Indiana has someway replaced his job and salary and put him in a better place than where he was when he acted out against his wife. Last I heard, he is still out of work, which doesn't exactly foster a positive outlook...unless you are an assasin or a pig lot cleaner..

Last edited:
Some of our legendary players are also woman beaters though, so let's not paint everyone into devils.
Not the 3 referenced in this thread. None of them have ever ended up in prison. And yes, Kaz is a dirtbag. Quite the neighborhood guy he was.

Where Kaz lives isn't even germane to the topic at hand. Who cares where he lives...unless Indiana has someway replaced his job and salary and put him in a better place than where he was when he acted out against his wife. Last I heard, he is still out of work, which doesn't exactly foster a positive outlook. Unless you are an assasin or a pig lot cleaner..
Not even sure Peter even said that for sure, I can't remember if he did or not on the radio that day. I am pretty sure it was that amateur reporter-tard that gets his info from message boards to begin with. What a joke.

I haven't read the other thread but curious, why start a new thread about the same thing?

My greater point is the video and how it demonstrates what we're dealing with. I remember people loved it and thought it was funny. Most people can't really understand the psychological damage that was done under Bo. Collins will defend Bo or Kaz. That prank was one of the most shocking thing I've ever seen in real time.

He was referring to Kaz, you know the convicted wife beater. It's pretty obvious who he was referring to unless, of course, you're trying to stir the pot.
Right on. But at the same time TT isn't believing Kaz over Peters, Foreman, Carriker (like 4.6.3 is trying to stir). TT is believing Collins over Peters, Foreman and Carriker.

They're both acting childish trolling each other.

My greater point is the video and how it demonstrates what we're dealing with. I remember people loved it and thought it was funny. Most people can't really understand the psychological damage that was done under Bo. Collins will defend Bo or Kaz. That prank was one of the most shocking thing I've ever seen in real time.

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about, but I'm not here every day. What video are you referring to?

But the resident experts here are sure Peter, and other multiple ex-players dreamt it all up!!!!! I will bow out of this one and let the rabid stupidity of said experts take control

Rarely with Tom but am here. As Malik stated if Kaz was talking to anyone it was him, I've never heard a more clear statement. His statement about how he as a captain he represents the team and he "ain't down with that" (my quote not his). As Malik stated it is an unnecessary distraction and yet another way to split the fan base, makes me think of how the Democratic Party creates splits in our country via identity politics.

-- One nation, Husker Nation

It is possible that Kaz had spoken to more than 1 player and said something different to each player (some positive, some negative). Again, it's a possibility.

What's most important is how Collins responded when asked the question. He didn't bash anyone, call anyone out or say anything negative. He acted like an adult with respect. Nice work MC.

It is possible that Kaz had spoken to more than 1 player and said something different to each player (some positive, some negative). Again, it's a possibility.

What's most important is how Collins responded when asked the question. He didn't bash anyone, call anyone out or say anything negative. He acted like an adult with respect. Nice work MC.

Wouldn't it be great if people on this board acted with the same level of maturity that MC did? The negativity on this board goes both ways and calling people liars and trolls only shows a lack of respect for other people's opinions.

Reactions: HuskerO
Wouldn't it be great if people on this board acted with the same level of maturity that MC did? The negativity on this board goes both ways and calling people liars and trolls only shows a lack of respect for other people's opinions.
You have a lot to learn abt what double standards apply on this board.

You have a lot to learn abt what double standards apply on this board.

I have been on this board for the past 10 years and have responded very few times as can be noted by the number of messages indicated that have been attributed to me. I also go back as a 10 year old listening to the radio back when Devaney was coaching at Nebraska in the mid 60's. I am tired of all the negativity that I read on this board on a daily basis and people acting like 10 year olds calling each other names.

I think that I have a pretty good idea of what double standards are and have learned a few things over the 55 years that I have been a fan of Nebraska football.

Reactions: HuskerO
Not even sure Peter even said that for sure, I can't remember if he did or not on the radio that day. I am pretty sure it was that amateur reporter-tard that gets his info from message boards to begin with. What a joke.
Remember when you said you were bowing out of this...about six of your posts ago?

Remember when you said you were bowing out of this...about six of your posts ago?
What can I say, I get easily trolled. Did you just call me out? How are you not banned? Multiple people have now done that in this thread. Double standards! Freedom of speech! My feelings are hurt! Am I playing the victim card right?

I have been on this board for the past 10 years and have responded very few times as can be noted by the number of messages indicated that have been attributed to me. I also go back as a 10 year old listening to the radio back when Devaney was coaching at Nebraska in the mid 60's. I am tired of all the negativity that I read on this board on a daily basis and people acting like 10 year olds calling each other names.

I think that I have a pretty good idea of what double standards are and have learned a few things over the 55 years that I have been a fan of Nebraska football.
You babies may want to go back and actually read what I said about Collins, before believing the troll. It would help of he could read articles or posts before he starts his act.

Because they didn't get the phone calls...Collins did. So yeah...I'm trusting the guy who actually put the phone to his ear and talked to the person on the other end of the line.
Exactly. It's just another excuse to take away from what is happening on the filed. By the way, show the proof. We live in 2015. Someone should have a recording or screenshot of Kaz undermining the staff. Where is it? If we were 5-1 right now,none of this talk would be occurring. The best way to get players to buy in is to win.

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about, but I'm not here every day. What video are you referring to?

It was a cell phone prank. One of the player's cell phones went off and Bo went off and threw the player outta the meet. Bo came back in and ranted for a bit then walked out again. Then you hear this loud fight going on out in the hall. A few players get up and are told to sit back down. The rest sit there like it's a hostage situation. The looks on their faces is shear terror like "I'm i gonna be next?". Then it's revealed that it's a prank and the player's looks are even more stark. Some are jumping around laughing while others look like they just got saved from an honest to god hostage situation. It was one of the most eye opening moments of Bo's time at Nebraska. We really are witnessing Stockholm Syndrome right before our eyes. And Collin's defending Kaz and shifting blame on others is classic.

Exactly. It's just another excuse to take away from what is happening on the filed. By the way, show the proof. We live in 2015. Someone should have a recording or screenshot of Kaz undermining the staff. Where is it? If we were 5-1 right now,none of this talk would be occurring. The best way to get players to buy in is to win.
Wait... You're telling me if they win the players will buy in? Heavy...

The bigger point is players could be "throwing games" and not even realize it.

Collins- Game winning drive after game winning drive no pressure.

Gerry- Will get beat every critical game ending play.

Tommy- Critical game losing mistakes even when the coaches tell him what to do.

And people wonder if brainwashing really works???

This post is nonsense. Are you truly blaming Bo or Kaz for game 6 performances this season? Gerry dropped an interception because of Bo's influence? Last year he made that catch and didn't get beat deep. Collins got more pressure last year. TA staged comebacks and won games late last year. It's only after those coaches leave that the players fail (more often) because of their coaching? What in the hell are you talking about?

Reactions: SDhusker12

Just stop. None of this is about Bo. And you're being way too critical of some of our best players.

This post is nonsense. Are you truly blaming Bo or Kaz for game 6 performances this season? Gerry dropped an interception because of Bo's influence? Last year he made that catch and didn't get beat deep. Collins got more pressure last year. TA staged comebacks and won games late last year. It's only after those coaches leave that the players fail (more often) because of their coaching? What in the hell are you talking about?

Every game they win is like turning their back on Bo. Brainwashing is a REAL.

And I blame aliens for our 4 losses...cmon man!

Why will a wife go back to an abusive husband??? Why will a child defend an abusive parent and lash out at any adult trying to help???
Now try adding this dynamic to a group problem solving situation???

Bo has been gone 10 1/2 months. How long do you think it will take before Riley can cure these poor abused children?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT