ADVERTISEMENT

college entry exam cheating...

Didn't Dominick Watt's ACT score get flagged, because it didn't match up with his SAT score? Hopefully we're not involved with anything like this.

this is funny.
i wonder how many stars/celebrities/elites or their kids have ill-gotten diplomas?
my guess is quite a few.

Reactions: HuskerDana
I would bet that 25% of the kids that get into an ivy league school get in because of "connections" however you want to define that term is your choice.

SpecificBlackandwhiteBaiji-max-1mb.gif

That super dork, David Hogg, got into one of the Ivy League schools with scores that are not even close to what they usually accept. I wonder why, hmmmm

People get into schools all the time because of unique life experiences and extracurricular activities. 90K+ show up on some weekends in the fall to watch “students” - some/many of whom are in college solely because they are very large and can run fast.

People get into schools all the time because of unique life experiences and extracurricular activities. 90K+ show up on some weekends in the fall to watch “students” - some/many of whom are in college solely because they are very large and can run fast.
True...and as we know their scores and grades in HS are heavily scrutinized at every single turn. Imagine how much harder they have to work to cheat their way in! hahaha

See...this is why being just "rich" is not easy. The super rich, those family just donate a building to the school...but the regular rich can't do that, they are stuck in a really tough spot. Not enough to buy a building...T's and P's go out to those families. I hope they can find the path to getting into college.

Ah, yes. The "holistic" approach to college entrance admissions for the so-called elite colleges and universities. Total crap.

Ah, yes. The "holistic" approach to college entrance admissions for the so-called elite colleges and universities. Total crap.

How is that any different from the kid who is granted college admission with grades and test scores that barely meet the minimum who is given a full scholarship based solely on the fact that he is 6’2” 305lbs and runs a 4.8?

Reactions: o2baHusker
How is that any different from the kid who is granted college admission with grades and test scores that barely meet the minimum who is given a full scholarship based solely on the fact that he is 6’2” 305lbs and runs a 4.8?

It isn't. There's a lot of ignorance on this thread, as usual, whenever we're not actually talking about college football.

Does the sailing coach even make 6 figures? Probably why he was willing to take bribes to get kids into school.

Yea, I was thinking more along the lines of 50 bucks, a Standord hoodie with his last name on the back, and a 20% discount at their bookstore.

Reactions: kaz36

Similar, I agree. But I think in this example you are talking about the best of the best being recruited. I think the analogy is more along the lines of a 5'8" 350lbs who runs a 5.8 being given a full ride scholarship. It is like a 2-star recruit being given a full-ride scholarship over a 5-star recruit.

But I may not be looking at it in the same way, I'll admit.

Reactions: saluno22
The amazing part of all of this, that I have heard so far, is the extent they went to with the ACT/SAT testing. There were particular places set up to take the tests where they could have either a proxy take the test or the tests were altered. The brains of the outfit was even smart enough to not increase the test scores to a point where they triggered attention. We did ACT testing at my schools and it was very strict in how it was run. But that was pretty much small city stuff.

On the part where some people were left off of teams to put these people on - so far I have not seen any football players named. Coaches in lesser followed sports such as rowing and soccer were apparently given partial scholarships, enough to get them into school. The kids, in some cases, had never even participated in the sport. So just before the sport began the student would quit or fake an injury and be done, never to have played but still in the school they wanted.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Usually the unique life experiences and/or extracurricular activities are secondary to academics for Ivy League schools.

Unique life experiences aren't going to get anyone a scholarship to play football if they can't run, throw, catch or tackle well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT