ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching...

huskerdude88

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 8, 2005
Dallas, PA
I just have to be as honest as I possibly can be this coaching is suspect at best. I've seen enough boneheaded calls and substitutions from the last 4 coaches to last a lifetime. There are three clear displays of poor coaching:

1.) It's inexcusable to give up 3 points at the end of the half with a boneheaded passing call which resulted in an INT instead of 3 points.
2.) It is then further inexcusable to have a fumble prone running back in the game in the fourth quarter when you are trying to ice it.
3.) The last straw is having a struggling quarterback in the passing game pass at a critical juncture of the game resulting in a further INT allowing Minnesota to win the game.

These are the three key plays in the ballgame. Nebraska continues to beat itself.

I just have to be as honest as I possibly can be this coaching is suspect at best. I've seen enough boneheaded calls and substitutions from the last 4 coaches to last a lifetime. There are three clear displays of poor coaching:

1.) It's inexcusable to give up 3 points at the end of the half with a boneheaded passing call which resulted in an INT instead of 3 points.
2.) It is then further inexcusable to have a fumble prone running back in the game in the fourth quarter when you are trying to ice it.
3.) The last straw is having a struggling quarterback in the passing game pass at a critical juncture of the game resulting in a further INT allowing Minnesota to win the game.

These are the three key plays in the ballgame. Nebraska continues to beat itself.
Indeed.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
INEXCUSABLE???
princess-bride-that-word-does-not-mean-that.gif

Don’t blame the coach. Blame the Ad who could have hired any other coach

• Haha
Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain

Not impressed at all with the preparation of this team for the big stage.

The passing call was fine before the half, it was the decision making by the QB. TE was wide open

Absolutely. WTF is going on. Why are we saddled with these dipshits. I was yelling at the tv when we didn’t kick the field goal at the end of the half. My opinion of these coaches has nose dived.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15

Number one had me screaming so hard I nearly passed out.

5) Two false starts by upperclassmen inside in the five yards line that cost two likely touchdowns...

The first one would have been so easy if you just call timeout, get everyone where you need them to be without rushing, and watch your 6 foot 4 230 LB QB end up three yards into the end zone on a sneak.

There was zero reason to run a hurry up sneak there, esp on the road in game one.

5) Two false starts by upperclassmen inside in the five yards line that cost two likely touchdowns...
This ^^ Bench them. Really they didn’t have to move at all and Sims could have reached the ball over the goal line.

I’ve said it before that you could insert two cardboard cutouts of them and the cutouts would do a better job in the game.

Bench Grant as well! Send a message. You had your chance and you blew it.

Buffs staff

Go look at who Deion hired and who Rhule hired. Deion spent time looking for guys with experience. Matt hired friends.

Actually fill somewhat bad for Satterfield. He has an extremely inexperienced staff and one that needs to learn and quickly.

Buffs staff

Go look at who Deion hired and who Rhule hired. Deion spent time looking for guys with experience. Matt hired friends.

Actually fill somewhat bad for Satterfield. He has an extremely inexperienced staff and one that needs to learn and quickly.
Their O Coordinator is a great hire for sure but Rhules staff isn’t as bad as you think. Also Colorado gave up 44 a game last year and that trend continues. It’ll be interesting to see what happens when they play more balanced teams and people get stops against them. TCU D was awful yesterday. ITs a big win, but it’s early. They are clearly better

No team snatches defeat from the jaws of victory like Nebraska does.

1. In that situation, it was exactly the right call, you take a shot. We had a guy open, he missed him. If we didn't get it then they kick.
2. He is one of your best backs, you think you got the message in camp and now have trust in him. Of course you play him!
3. You play to win the damn game, QB had just completed some passes prior, right decision! Kid just made a mistake.

the only thing you are correct on is that we beat ourselves, bad qb decisions and veteran players making stupid mistakes. 'We were lucky to be in a spot to win it, they looked faster and stronger than us most the game in all areas. We need another year of recruiting.

Buffs staff

He hired guys that he knew his expectations and system. They are fine and doing a great job. We need a talent upgrade in our Oline, we missed on a couple portal guys we could be using now

1. In that situation, it was exactly the right call, you take a shot. We had a guy open, he missed him. If we didn't get it then they kick.
2. He is one of your best backs, you think you got the message in camp and now have trust in him. Of course you play him!
3. You play to win the damn game, QB had just completed some passes prior, right decision! Kid just made a mistake.

the only thing you are correct on is that we beat ourselves, bad qb decisions and veteran players making stupid mistakes. 'We were lucky to be in a spot to win it, they looked faster and stronger than us most the game in all areas. We need another year of recruiting.
Welcome to the board Coach Satterfield!

I disagree. Especially having Grant carry the ball when the one thing you can’t have in that situation is a fumble.
That's fine. Rhule was pretty clear about what was going on at that point, and why anthony grant was in the game.

Someone must have told Sims with just a few seconds left before half time that if you don’t see someone wide open in the End zone, throw the ball into the stands. And yet he floats one into the end zone into an area he can’t see and gets picked off.

This is what is concerning about Sims-that in the clutch he will tighten up and make a bad decision. That HAS to get fixed.

Of course I still can’t get over Berringer throwing the pick in the end zone against Miami in the orange bowl…..,

They should know what they have in quarterback and know that was a low low low percentage play.

The field goal should have been kicked
They should have known he wasn't gonna throw to the wide open receiver?

Someone must have told Sims with just a few seconds left before half time that if you don’t see someone wide open in the End zone, throw the ball into the stands. And yet he floats one into the end zone into an area he can’t see and gets picked off.

This is what is concerning about Sims-that in the clutch he will tighten up and make a bad decision. That HAS to get fixed.

Of course I still can’t get over Berringer throwing the pick in the end zone against Miami in the orange bowl…..,
But don't you think that's something that doesn't even need to be said to a 24 year old QB?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT