ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches meeting Maurice Washinton today?

you think they waited to see if they got their rb recruits signed first, then move toward dismissal? I hadn't thought of it like that, but could be.
Early signing day coincides, but also his final grades are probably all in by now. That could help with any decisions since he may be academically ineligible (or eligible I guess).

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I hope they can figure it out, special player if he can get his head on straight. Seems like he needs the team more than the team needs him... so i hope he can pull it together.

I have been teaching college math classes as a “hobby” for 40 years (some hobby, huh?). Virtually every student is 18 or older, yet I never forget my personal experience of being 18 or 19. Can I be tough? My adult kids would certainly say so. But I also am not one to judge any young adult too harshly, especially when I don’t know that person.

I wish every 18 or 19 year old had the maturity of a 30 year old. But that is not reality. I care about Mo Washington and appreciate his talent. But I just wish for him a happy and productive life. If football is an impediment, then I hope he is done with football.

I have been teaching college math classes as a “hobby” for 40 years (some hobby, huh?). Virtually every student is 18 or older, yet I never forget my personal experience of being 18 or 19. Can I be tough? My adult kids would certainly say so. But I also am not one to judge any young adult too harshly, especially when I don’t know that person.

I wish every 18 or 19 year old had the maturity of a 30 year old. But that is not reality. I care about Mo Washington and appreciate his talent. But I just wish for him a happy and productive life. If football is an impediment, then I hope he is done with football.

I admire anyone who can teach math. My wife can do all things math and both of my kids got the math gene, lucky for them.

Last edited:
we need a junior college in Nebraska, like a farm team, where we can send ricky williams pot smokers, washington sexual degenerates, and guys who just have grade problems...and they can get it out of their system there...then when they get it together...they can be pluged into Lincoln seamlessly. have it in the panhandle where there's not a lot of places to get in trouble
I don't think Washington will make it back onto the team, and that's probably for the best. But I can't think of anything that should prompt even a semi-literate hillbilly like you to call him a sexual degenerate.

Do you really believe that he Head Coach of a college team is making decisions based on fan complaints? Would you want your Head Coach to operate that way?

not only no but hell no. Some fans are fair weather fans anyways. I want my coach to ignore all that noise and focus on just doing what he can for the team and making the team better.

As far as classes/finals/enrollment, I’d be surprised that a guy who thought some football related activities were optional found nirvana in meeting the academic requirements he had. Not sure if Nebraska could/would place him in a Juco, but he’d likely benefit from being out of the spotlight. Maybe IWCC?

Regardless what happens, I’ll back Frost up 100%. If they bring him back onto the team, I get it. Dudes very talented and has those game changer talents. But if they don’t let him back on, I get that too. Its the university and Frosts choice, I’ll back them what ever they decide to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: bshirt73
His lawyer couldn’t even get a hold of him to appear remotely for the last court date.

he has now been ordered by the judge to appear in person as the date had to be delayed because he wasn’t available.

ya that’s not good. Basic stuff. Obviously no parental supervision in this kids life. At 19, with what he has on the line, somebody needed to be there for that kick in the ass.

Kid should have played corner anyway. He would have great size to go with how explosive he is. At this point I hope they move on or possibly explore putting him on the backend of the D.

I have zero opinion on this. Why? Because:
1. I do not know Maurice Washington personally. Therefore, I can make no judgements about his “character”. I have zero knowledge about his character.
2. I know nothing beyond newspaper articles about the sex video thing. Which is to say, I know nothing of value in this matter. I have zero knowledge about this beyond the obvious.
3. I have zero knowledge about what his infractions against the team were last year.
4. I have zero knowledge about what his relationship with the team is like.
5. I have zero knowledge about his relationship with Frost.

If he comes back it means Frost made a call rooted in knowledge I do not have.
If he does not come back it means Frost made a call rooted in knowledge I do not have.

Exactly.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I hope he becomes a success story. I hope he becomes a benchmark, for Frost to learn from, that he can take kids with a little more issues than most and make them into men.

Like another poster said, we don't know shit really other than hearsay and newspaper clippings (aka hearsay).

If he doesn't make it back, then it wasn't meant to be. And I hope he makes something of himself.

All I know is that he was our fastest guy in pads and when things were going well, he was on the sideline with a smile. He needs to understand how fortunate he is and what a great opportunity it is to be at a major university and be the fastest guy on the field.

I hope he becomes a success story. I hope he becomes a benchmark, for Frost to learn from, that he can take kids with a little more issues than most and make them into men.

Like another poster said, we don't know shit really other than hearsay and newspaper clippings (aka hearsay).

If he doesn't make it back, then it wasn't meant to be. And I hope he makes something of himself.

All I know is that he was our fastest guy in pads and when things were going well, he was on the sideline with a smile. He needs to understand how fortunate he is and what a great opportunity it is to be at a major university and be the fastest guy on the field.
Well said

Doesn't want to play RB, doesn't like to run up the middle, doesn't like contact. Wants to switch to DB. Disrupts classes. Doesn't eat at the training table. Comes to meetings late, often smelling of pot. Thinks the weight room is optional. Has a felony charge hanging over his head. Isn't disciplined to the same standards as everyone else until it is too late.

Has something changed drastically in a short time? Maybe he has went to all his teammates and apologized profusely and rededicated himself to football?

Failed to mentioned that he would show up with Chic Fil-A and not follow our nutritional plan. Aside from that, you are spot on from what I’ve heard.

The other thing people might not realize is that he has to have passing grades just to get to the transfer portal and qualify somewhere else. So the coaches probably laying out all of those options for him.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Do you really believe that he Head Coach of a college team is making decisions based on fan complaints? Would you want your Head Coach to operate that way?
read what I wrote or learn to comprehend better.. it started with "It was as if" which implies the next part isn't cause and effect.

1. I do not know Maurice Washington personally. Therefore, I can make no judgements about his “character”. I have zero knowledge about his character.
2. I know nothing beyond newspaper articles about the sex video thing. Which is to say, I know nothing of value in this matter. I have zero knowledge about this beyond the obvious.
3. I have zero knowledge about what his infractions against the team were last year.

If he does not come back it means Frost made a call rooted in knowledge I do not have.

This post by PennsyHusker, is the best post on MW situation. A whole bunch of opinions based on rumors and what somebody heard or read.

I don't think Washington will make it back onto the team, and that's probably for the best. But I can't think of anything that should prompt even a semi-literate hillbilly like you to call him a sexual degenerate.
I can....I think in a world where internet p orn makes more money than anything else many times over we might need to redef
Failed to mentioned that he would show up with Chic Fil-A and not follow our nutritional plan. Aside from that, you are spot on from what I’ve heard.

He should be a redshirt freshman...I'll give him a chance to grow up. The fact that we were so bad that he had to play his freshman year, and this year even when he was just means he has been misused. He never should have seen the field until he put on 20 pounds. This happens all the time in CF...players come in with major talent but are undersized. They develop...start their RSH Freshman or Sophomore year and dominate...

Less contact at CB

Mo is an athlete not a football player. Too much contact involved with playing RB
You all do realize his dad was a CB in the NFL. Not making excuses for the kid but seems like his dads death screwed him up. I think Nick Saban (of all people) nailed why you give these kids chances. Do we want him on the streets in 20 years or should we give him structure at this early age in life so that he has opportunity to become a good person to society later in life

You all do realize his dad was a CB in the NFL. Not making excuses for the kid but seems like his dads death screwed him up. I think Nick Saban (of all people) nailed why you give these kids chances. Do we want him on the streets in 20 years or should we give him structure at this early age in life so that he has opportunity to become a good person to society later in life
I think Saban would think that way about a kid only if he thought the kid could help him win.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha

Great post, I would add I don’t need to know. What ever they decide I hope mo gets his shit together.

If Frost is meeting with him, it certainly sounds like he has a shot to stay with the team if he meets whatever requirements the university and coaches have for him. I'm sure some of it depends on how his court case goes, but I doubt that is the full story.

Personally I hope everything works out and he is back. If not, that is unfortunate as I think he would do a lot better with structure in his life.

I'd love to see what he is really capable of on the field.
In order to have structure in one's life , one must want structure. To date, the desire for structure seems to be absent in his life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT