ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cal to Arkansas?

That is such a bad fit though, UNLESS he wins big and fast.

He sucks with the media, he is a child on the sidelines, he doesn't seem all that pleasant or fun.
Billy Donavon would be such a great fit, i think.

With that said, **** UK! Plus, with NIL now, they no longer have the cheating advantage.

Just another name I've heard floated

Reactions: king_kong_
UK is not a better job than UCONN

Hurley is a Big East lifer

Huskies attempting to go 6-0 in national title games tonight, all in the last 25 years

Nah, it's absolutely a better job. Doesn't mean every coach would take the job.

• Haha
That’s what I thought.

There are none.

Uconn is a much better job than UK any which way you’d like to slice it.

More wins
More conference championships
More national championships
More all americans
Better facilities

Continue on being a dumb ass....

• Haha
That’s what I thought.

There are none.

Uconn is a much better job than UK any which way you’d like to slice it.
I think Big East coaching jobs are vastly underrated. There's no football cash cow, but that also means men's basketball is the biggest game in town. Plus you don't really have to worry about your conference getting blown up and they have a great TV deal with FOX.

More wins
More all americans
Better facilities

half their national titles came when "Adolph" was still an acceptable thing to name your kid

Kentucky has won 3 titles in the last 50 years. in half that time, Uconn is going for its 6th tonight.

wake up

Reactions: Crisker
half their national titles came when "Adolph" was still an acceptable thing to name your kid

Kentucky has won 3 titles in the last 50 years. in half that time, Uconn is going for its 6th tonight.

wake up

Kentucky has 5 different coaches with a banner dumb ass....As they say WINNERS WIN.

• Haha
As a UConn fan, I really like Hurley. He's intense and knows how to build a team in this modern era. Man, he hits gold in the transfer portal and honestly recruits smart these days instead of wasting capital on a one and done that does nothing for the program. I don't know how he is with media or really care. His players buy into his design and his results are unreal. I don't think we realize how amazing it is to win B2B champioonships, assuming they do that. With basically a different roster (Karaban and Newton)

I wish him the best, whatever he does. He deserves a big contract and I'd hope UConn would fork it over.

As to UK being a better job...? I don't think an 18 year old today would think so. UConn is kind of a basketball mecca. But it's tough to measure that, tangibly. We all remember UK being all that is CBB. Times have changed.

As a UConn fan, I really like Hurley. He's intense and knows how to build a team in this modern era. Man, he hits gold in the transfer portal and honestly recruits smart these days instead of wasting capital on a one and done that does nothing for the program. I don't know how he is with media or really care. His players buy into his design and his results are unreal. I don't think we realize how amazing it is to win B2B champioonships, assuming they do that. With basically a different roster (Karaban and Newton)

I wish him the best, whatever he does. He deserves a big contract and I'd hope UConn would fork it over.

As to UK being a better job...? I don't think an 18 year old today would think so. UConn is kind of a basketball mecca. But it's tough to measure that, tangibly. We all remember UK being all that is CBB. Times have changed.

He's recruited one and done types hard, he's just not laned them.

He's recruited one and done types hard, he's just not laned them.
I'm not aware of many. I'm sure he may have extended offers but I don't recall him really pursuing anyone of note. Castle was the biggest recruit they've had in quite some time. Probably since Bouknight

Find a HH thread where you can hang on his nuts and set this one out. I've already clowned you on facts. So move on numbnut....
the only thing you've shown is the UK job was better when hoops was whites only

in 2024 the UCONN job is far superior

no contest

the only thing you've shown is the UK job was better when hoops was whites only

in 2024 the UCONN job is far superior

no contest

Go ahead and post some links on the top jobs in college basketball showing everyone where UCONN measures up....

More wins
More all americans
Better facilities

Hurley is not going to Kentucky or likely anywhere else. He played in Jersey in HS Seton Hall in college. Coached at Rutgers . Wagner and Rhode Island before UCONN. Looks like a Northeastern Guy to me.

Oats turned down UK

They have been turned down twice now.

Looks like Drew MIGHT be back in play but he loves Baylor...then Underwood and look out for Todd Golden??!!

Hurley is not going to Kentucky or likely anywhere else. He played in Jersey in HS Seton Hall in college. Coached at Rutgers . Wagner and Rhode Island before UCONN. Looks like a Northeastern Guy to me.
That family is deep in the NE. I would think NBA would be the jump. Not a southern school.

Reactions: BTF69
Oats turned down UK

They have been turned down twice now.

Looks like Drew MIGHT be back in play but he loves Baylor...then Underwood and look out for Todd Golden??!!
Underwood?

Not a chance

Wow, Kentucky is having to settle for Mark Pope, a coach with only one year of major-conference coaching experience who has never won an NCAA tournament game. Very underwhelming hire for a major blue-blood program.

We were very fortunate to land a coach like Hoiberg.

Wow, Kentucky is having to settle for Mark Pope, a coach with only one year of major-conference coaching experience who has never won an NCAA tournament game. Very underwhelming hire for a major blue-blood program.

BYU's coach is a Pope. Interesting.

I had to Google him...now to be fair I know zilcho about CBB. Still, I watch and listen to enough sports talk stuff that I feel like I shoulda at least heard of the guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT