ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson v Alabama thread

Bama. Clemson will compete but that Bama D + O is the most complete team I’ve seen play in a LOOONNNGG Time.

Bama. Clemson will compete but that Bama D + O is the most complete team I’ve seen play in a LOOONNNGG Time.
They have one flaw that stuck out last night imo. Their defense got tired really quick after a couple good drives in the second half by Oklahoma. When you think about it, Alabama has been so dominant, there D hasn't had to go toe to toe but maybe one or two ball games all year. IF Clemson can sustain drives, they got a shot.

They have one flaw that stuck out last night imo. Their defense got tired really quick after a couple good drives in the second half by Oklahoma. When you think about it, Alabama has been so dominant, there D hasn't had to go toe to toe but maybe one or two ball games all year. IF Clemson can sustain drives, they got a shot.

The thing about last night is that is was warm and humid, plus their first game in a month. You can bet they’ll be in game shape after that one.

I like Clemson because they can put pressure on Tua and that kid will crumble. Remember what Georgia did to him? Get on him and he panics. He's a decent QB but he's surrounded by superstars. Look at the catches his guys made for him last night.

Gun to my head, and my life depends on picking the winner? 'Bama, but I'm rooting for the fighting Swinney's....

Highly doubt a true frosh QB that's never seen a defense even close to Bama is going to get the job done. Fromm almost did it last year but he had played more games & tougher competition than Lawrence at this point. Plus, Clemsons' d' backs are the weakest part of their team. Bama will exploit that. Unfortunately, have to go with the Tide.

Keep an eye on if the bama DL is healthy. I listened for just a bit in the car to the bama broadcast and they were talking in the 3rd qtr about how beat up they were. No surprise that kyler had all day to do whatever he wanted in the 2h.

They did look like they were slowing down but you can’t let Alabama go up by 4 TD’s and expect to win. That gives one team a lot a room to work while the other has little room to work. OU’s non existent defense was the problem.

I don’t think Clemson is spotting Alabama 28 points to start the game but I don’t think they’ll do well with a true freshman QB against Alabama.

Highly doubt a true frosh QB that's never seen a defense even close to Bama is going to get the job done. Fromm almost did it last year but he had played more games & tougher competition than Lawrence at this point. Plus, Clemsons' d' backs are the weakest part of their team. Bama will exploit that. Unfortunately, have to go with the Tide.
Yeah I wasn't that impressed with Lawrence. He doesn't seem to have the instinct of a championship qb yet, if he ever will. My head says Bama but I'm hoping Clemson will pull it out.

I like Clemson because they can put pressure on Tua and that kid will crumble. Remember what Georgia did to him? Get on him and he panics. He's a decent QB but he's surrounded by superstars. Look at the catches his guys made for him last night.
Tua was also injured and doesn't play well when he's injured. His ankle should be healed up enough by now where that shouldn't be an issue. He does have the best receiving corps college football has ever seen. Alabama basically has 4 Julio Jones's at the position.

Tua is a better passer but Hurts is a better runner. Pressure Tua and take away his decision making . injure him and then pressure Hurts .

Don't care. Not watching... again.

Same. Plus, Monday nights have Family Guy on TBS and The Office on Comedy Central all evening. It’s a good night of television.

I’m as excited for this game as I was the MLS Cup. Just get it over with so we can put another disappointing NU season officially in the rear view mirror and look forward to bigger and brighter days.

I don't understand this type of attitude if you are a college football fan. What Saban has created at Alabama is amazing, even if you don't like it. These have been the best two teams all year and tonight they decide it on the field. What's not exciting about that?

The names on the helmet are stale. Yes they are the two best and it should be a good game. And I’m definitely watching. But another program needs to rise up and get in the mix to restimulate interest. Bring some parity and unexpected to the playoff. The first two games between these teams were classics but eventually you need more than two teams competing.

The names on the helmet are stale. Yes they are the two best and it should be a good game. And I’m definitely watching. But another program needs to rise up and get in the mix to restimulate interest. Bring some parity and unexpected to the playoff. The first two games between these teams were classics but eventually you need more than two teams competing.

I don't disagree with that but right now there are 2 programs clearly at the top. Everyone else (and some are close, OU, UGA) needs to strive to get there.

Holy God Hulu has like 10 different ESPN channels listed for the game. Field pass, data center, thinking out loud, command center....can I just get ESPN FFS.

BIG officials. This will be interesting to see. IF this is the best crew, must mean we never had them

Reactions: red scowl
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT