ADVERTISEMENT

Clay Travis challenge

Don't see why this is controversial as it is 100% true. College teams aren't even a discussion, not even a WNBA all star team would beat a top 50 college basketball team, and that is being really optimistic for the WNBA team.

Reactions: JabroniBlvd
Pro athletes vs 17-18 yr olds?

Some of those chicks don’t miss from 3
Years ago after Huskers dismantled Florida in the Fiesta Bowl a gator fan told me, "When we took the field we were small and fast. When you (NU) took the field you were big and fast. And I'm no dummy but you always take big and fast over small and fast." Would be the same case here. Bigger, stronger faster males wouldn't let them get open.

Reactions: drubendall
Travis is playing a role. Nothing he could say to do would impact me in one way. Shitting on women's sports is low hanging fruit and lazy.
No, he's not shitting on women's sports, at all. In fact, he would be doing the EXACT opposite of that. Most of us completely respect female athletes and hold in high regard what they do....and their accomplishments. The woke don't. They have zero respect for female athletes.

The original post in this thread doesn't tell the entire story. He said on his show that "A good, state champion caliber boys team would smoke the best team in the WNBA." Las Vegas Aces player Chelsea Gray then put "Dumbass" in reply on X. And that's when he announced the $1 million bet.
The fact that some people think it is not true is the weird part.

A state championship boys team is probably taller at every position, probably longer at every position and probably stronger at every position. I am guessing that every player on the boys team can touch the rim when they jump, we know that is not the case for the girls.

I know super dorks will be like "But but, fundamentals" which is the rallying cry for female sports, especially basketball, but what fundamentals?

The original post in this thread doesn't tell the entire story. He said on his show that "A good, state champion caliber boys team would smoke the best team in the WNBA." Las Vegas Aces player Chelsea Gray then put "Dumbass" in reply on X. And that's when he announced the $1 million bet.
Thanks for the context. He isn’t wrong.

1f4fd09d-d490-4ba4-bfcc-76621c7058cb_text.gif

Allowing Trans athletes to perform in female sports is criminal and there is no logical reason to allow it. Want to switch genders have at it but in the athletic field it's an unfair advantage and should be outlawed
which is the point Travis is making.

They weren't and aren't they are asking to be paid the same % of the revenue the NBA guys get. WNBA get 20% where NBA players get 50%. Now 50% of WNBA revenue is still probably pretty low mainly because I don't think the WNBA makes much in term of revenue. Don't confuse self worth vs privilege though.The WNBA has NEVER has made a profit. i
It has been subsidized by the NBA every year they have been in existence. The attendance has been dismal as well.

No, he's not shitting on women's sports, at all. In fact, he would be doing the EXACT opposite of that. Most of us completely respect female athletes and hold in high regard what they do....and their accomplishments. The woke don't. They have zero respect for female athletes.
Are you new to the board? The way female athletes specifically basketball and soccer players are ripped on here is a monthly deal. The **** your feelings crowd gets all up in theirs when a female athlete opens her mouth or brings up equity.

Are you new to the board? The way female athletes specifically basketball and soccer players are ripped on here is a monthly deal. The **** your feelings crowd gets all up in theirs when a female athlete opens her mouth or brings up equity.
Seems they're the ones that got upset.

I for one think the women should try to get every dollar they can get. With that said they should be happy they are getting what they get right now. No one goes to their games, no one watches their games, no one buys their merch.

They don't really want equality, because if they would being treated as equals, there would be no WNBA, just like the half-dozen pro football leagues (mens) that were treated equally and folded because no one cared about the product. What they want is to get treated MORE than equal. They basically want to bypass all the normal concepts of business/marketing and capitalism, and then they want more.

I get that and I want more too. But they don't really want some equal playing field. Do they think that getting paid 10x more than they do now will magically make their attendance go way up?

They could accomplish both if women would support women athletics. But for some reason, women don't pack wnba arenas to support their local female athletes.

It's easier to just be mad at Clay Travis.
That is such a good point.

In my life, with the exception of VB, I have never heard a female mention watching/attending a WNBA game or shopping for their gear.

They could accomplish both if women would support women athletics. But for some reason, women don't pack wnba arenas to support their local female athletes.

It's easier to just be mad at Clay Travis.
Women are more interested in watching the superior product.. which is men’s basketball

Reactions: HuskerDana
I've never seen a group of females gathered at a bar watching the women's final four.
99% of the time, girls don't even know who the Huskers are playing, here in Omaha. It basically goes like this.

"Huskers are playing Ohio, right?"

No, Ohio State

"Oh, there is a difference?"

When I was young and had friends, we would hit up Husker games all the time and girls would come with us. The loved and had a blast but it was never about the game or product or who they were playing, it was about going to party and have fun.

No one is doing that for girls sports.

99% of the time, girls don't even know who the Huskers are playing, here in Omaha. It basically goes like this.

"Huskers are playing Ohio, right?"

No, Ohio State

"Oh, there is a difference?"

When I was young and had friends, we would hit up Husker games all the time and girls would come with us. The loved and had a blast but it was never about the game or product or who they were playing, it was about going to party and have fun.

No one is doing that for girls sports.
Must mean something’s broken with the system. Paternalistic misogynistic colonizers are usually to blame.

• Haha
Reactions: Streamer15
You're trying too hard to make this about misogyny. I'd lump Britney Gringer and Megan Rapinoe in with Deione and Harbaugh as people who are easy to dislike.

Reactions: HuskerDana
I am glad you brought that up. I think most of the women that are athletes aren't like Megan Rapinoe and the rest of the woke crowd. They understand that "equity" means things like Title 9, not equal pay for NBA and WNBA players. They get that men's athletics are more popular and attendance and TV audiences reflect that.
They understand that this is EVEN TRUE for women that are spectators.

With this all being said, Serena Williams (as an example) didn't seem to have a problem taking advantage of the system in place....and I applaud her for it. Irt NIL deals, I would imagine there will be instances where women will be in higher demand than men. Do you have a problem with that....or does it not fit the woke agenda....if that is what you are trying to push? Because neither I....nor the majority of the people viewing, do have a problem with that.... I would imagine.

You seem to be someone who wants INEQUITY, just to right the wrongs of the past. OR at least a perceived inequity....through the eyes of a small, vocal minorities'.

Last edited:
I am glad you brought that up. I think most of the women that are athletes aren't like Megan Rapinoe and the rest of the woke crowd. They understand that "equity" means things like Title 9, not equal pay for NBA and WNBA players. They get that men's athletics are more popular and attendance and TV audiences reflect that.
They understand that this is EVEN TRUE for women that are spectators.

With this all being said, Serena Williams (as an example) didn't seem to have a problem taking advantage of the system in place....and I applaud her for it. Irt NIL deals, I would imagine there will be instances where women will be in higher demand than men. Do you have a problem with that....or does it not fit the woke agenda....if that is what you ate trying to push? Because I....nor the majority of the people viewing don't, I would imagine.

You seem to be someone who wants INEQUITY, just to right the wrongs of the past in a small minorities' eyes.
I said it when NIL started, that (hot) female athletes will get the biggest deals.

Good for them, take every penny!

I for one think the women should try to get every dollar they can get. With that said they should be happy they are getting what they get right now. No one goes to their games, no one watches their games, no one buys their merch.

They don't really want equality, because if they would being treated as equals, there would be no WNBA, just like the half-dozen pro football leagues (mens) that were treated equally and folded because no one cared about the product. What they want is to get treated MORE than equal. They basically want to bypass all the normal concepts of business/marketing and capitalism, and then they want more.

I get that and I want more too. But they don't really want some equal playing field. Do they think that getting paid 10x more than they do now will magically make their attendance go way up?
Ftw.

Haha, the only time female athletes get ripped on (or even mentioned really, outside of volleyball) here is when certain ones start complaining about equal pay, and wanting to earn the same amount of $ as their male counterparts. Then someone makes the obvious point that there just isn't the same demand to watch women's sports compared to men's sports, and that's why they don't earn as much $.

And then some moron says that women are as good as men at sports, and the cycle starts anew.

Haha, the only time female athletes get ripped on (or even mentioned really, outside of volleyball) here is when certain ones start complaining about equal pay, and wanting to earn the same amount of $ as their male counterparts. Then someone makes the obvious point that there just isn't the same demand to watch women's sports compared to men's sports, and that's why they don't earn as much $.

And then some moron says that women are as good as men at sports, and the cycle starts anew.
I believe the women make more money than the men in soccer.. they kinda started the whole bs and it blew up in their faces

Can you guys make me a list of the outrage I'm supposed to be outraged about because the hypocrite part is getting in the way. It seems to vary person to person, mod to mod.
THX.

Where does he say that? This just seems like a move to be a dick to the WNBA champs.
You are weird buddy. Offering someone $1 million dollars to a pro athlete if they beat a high school team in the sport they are paid to play isn't a dick move. It is offering them more money for a single game than they'll ever get in their life. Of course, that last part is only true if you believe the lie that men and women are the same. Because they aren't.

Because they are being guarded by other chicks.

If they were to play against athletic dudes, they aren't even going to be able to get most of those shots off
Exactly this^^^^^
Back when I was just out of HS and attending college...a group of us would go play at the local colleges open gym.
(None of us were high lvl HS players at all), just guys messing around trying to stay in shape.

We would see that colleges best female player look unstopable vs other women while we watched from the sidelines.

When this same female best player would sub in to play in our half court pickup games..she was totally useless. Lol. In fact whenever one of us needed a rest, we would switch and guard her so we could get our 2nd wind.

We would have to take it easy on her and play at like half speed/effort just so she wouldn't get frustrated and quit. Had we wanted to, she wouldn't get a single shot off or a single rebound if we actually put effort forth to box her out or block her shots.

“Equity,” as some sort of social policy, is complete bullshit, not to mention completely unattainable. As much as possible, give people an equal opportunity to be successful, and assistance to those who may need it to get out off shitty circumstances, and that’s it. There isn’t anything inequitable about female athletes getting paid less than their male counterparts because (read the remainder at your own risk) the sports which involve male participants sell more tickets and have a bigger audiences. Now, tell me how you feel.

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
Exactly this^^^^^
Back when I was just out of HS and attending college...a group of us would go play at the local colleges open gym.
(None of us were high lvl HS players at all), just guys messing around trying to stay in shape.

We would see that colleges best female player look unstopable vs other women while we watched from the sidelines.

When this same female best player would sub in to play in our half court pickup games..she was totally useless. Lol. In fact whenever one of us needed a rest, we would switch and guard her so we could get our 2nd wind.

We would have to take it easy on her and play at like half speed/effort just so she wouldn't get frustrated and quit. Had we wanted to, she wouldn't get a single shot off or a single rebound if we actually put effort forth to box her out or block her shots.
Yep!

Shoot, there is video of WNBA players going against guys in college and it is total abuse.

Reactions: Boiler_B
Just let women play vs women and men vs men. No reason to demean womens leagues because its a lesser product than mens leagues. Those who want to watch the womens leagues will and those that dont wont. Its simple. Travis is carnival barker and is getting the attention he wanted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT