ADVERTISEMENT

Clay Travis challenge

Simple solution Mac had. I'm sure that any NBA team would allow women and pay them their worth if they tried out for the team. Same with most team sports would be my guess. They would probably make more than a lot of men with equal talent due to the publicity. When the USWNT was asking for equal pay that was my solution then and I feel the same way now. You want to make what employees at another company make because your company doesn't pay as much, go apply for that company if the ceiling at yours is capped. See if you are valued as much as those employees.
Excited Home Run GIF by MLB

Interesting to point out. Are women attending and spending their money on women’s sports and the WNBA specifically?

Review and look at the numbers. Saw above someone posted the women aren’t asking for 50/50 split but 20/80 is what they are getting. What part of the 20/80 is and has been partially funded by the NBA for decades? How much longer will the subsidies continue to be needed for the league to be successful financially?

Reactions: RedMyMind
They weren't and aren't they are asking to be paid the same % of the revenue the NBA guys get. WNBA get 20% where NBA players get 50%. Now 50% of WNBA revenue is still probably pretty low mainly because I don't think the WNBA makes much in term of revenue. Don't confuse self worth vs privilege though.
I don't care enough to look it up but my guess is the WNBA barely covers its overhead. They may go under paying out 50% of revenue. Just an uneducated guess...

I don't care enough to look it up but my guess is the WNBA barely covers its overhead. They may go under paying out 50% of revenue. Just an uneducated guess...
Would think that's accurate. It's why so many go play overseas and make millions... Or used to before Putin/Griner nonsense

Interesting to point out. Are women attending and spending their money on women’s sports and the WNBA specifically?

Review and look at the numbers. Saw above someone posted the women aren’t asking for 50/50 split but 20/80 is what they are getting. What part of the 20/80 is and has been partially funded by the NBA for decades? How much longer will the subsidies continue to be needed for the league to be successful financially?

20% of $0 = $0.

Reactions: jimmykrackedkorn
We need to prove to these women that they are just inferior, physically to men. They keep pushing this WNBA crap on us. We need to change this country back to the good ole days, when women cooked and cleaned and had dinner on the table when we get home at night. When it comes to sports, leave it to men while the women fetch us a beer and prepare some snacks while we are intently watching and betting on men's sports.
I dont see the problem here.

Best team of his choice.. It won’t be a team from Nebraska, Montana,South Dakota or Ioway..
I don't know about those states, but many would easily beat them. Washington's 4A and 3A champs (the two biggest classifications) all the kids can dunk and a bunch of them shoot lights out from behind the three. I am an old man, but in the old days I use to play occasionally with a few U Dub women players and women who played at smaller colleges. All of them could play basketball. All of them could shoot when left open. None of them ever wanted to go inside nor did they rebound. It is just a different game. Older teenager boys are just too physical even for the WNBA pros. I am not a hater. I like to watch women sports. Watched Chandler Smith, who played at Nebraska before transferring to Gonzaga and Hailey Van Lith play in high school. I also went to Kate Starbird games. She was a high school phenom in suburbia Seattle back in the 90's. Kate had a pretty good career at Stanford and the pros.

Reactions: scarletred
Is that what it is, his contempt for women’s sports, that’s why he made the statement? If you believe that, then “yes,” you are sheep and everything he says is hurtful to you. Grow the fick up dude.
I kind of think people who use the term sheep are sheep.

Travis is playing a role. Nothing he could say to do would impact me in one way. Shitting on women's sports is low hanging fruit and lazy.
The problem is the “equal pay” and constant “just as good of a product” everyone tries to say all the time. It’s good for what it is, but it’s not comparable and demanding equal pay for something that isn’t making money at all is wrong. No one is demanding equal tv time for the handful of men’s volleyball teams in the USA when it isn’t as popular as women’s.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Pro athletes vs 17-18 yr olds?

Some of those chicks don’t miss from 3
Full court press by 17-18 year olds all game, pros get it across 1/2 court about 60% of the time, when they do, only about 1/2 of their attempts don’t get thrown back into their face or 8 rows up, especially if they are using the nerf balls.

I mean, if they want to play a game of horse, set shot rules, it could possibly be interestin, maybe.

Full court press by 17-18 year olds all game, pros get it across 1/2 court about 60% of the time, when they do, only about 1/2 of their attempts don’t get thrown back into their face or 8 rows up, especially if they are using the nerf balls.

I mean, if they want to play a game of horse, set shot rules, it could possibly be interestin, maybe.
17-18 year olds play lockdown full court defense these days?

news to me

Would think that's accurate. It's why so many go play overseas and make millions... Or used to before Putin/Griner nonsense
Why do you say nonsense on the Russian ordeal with Griner? The problem is these athletes, entertainers, celebrities get by with a lot of lets say skirting the law in the USA think they can get by with the same thing anywhere in the world except these other countries have different laws and could give a crap who you are . To me that’s being disrespectful the the country you are visiting

Why do you say nonsense on the Russian ordeal with Griner? The problem is these athletes, entertainers, celebrities get by with a lot of lets say skirting the law in the USA think they can get by with the same thing anywhere in the world except these other countries have different laws and could give a crap who you are . To me that’s being disrespectful the the country you are visiting
She was stupid but it's not something someone should do time for. The Putin stuff I was referring to though was Ukraine.

She was stupid but it's not something someone should do time for. The Putin stuff I was referring to though was Ukraine.
Yeah I agree with the Ukraine. But I think there is more going on between them than what we are being told.

I honestly think an all star team of 13 year olds would beat them. Im just coming from my sons AAU basketball team fall league where I watched 5 dunks happen in the last game alone including one double lob (lobbed to one kid who lobbed to another in mid air) monster dunk. No WNBA team could pull that off.

We are probably the best team in our state but certainly far from being nationally ranked.

I’d be willing to bet that a group of top 13 year olds would beat the top WNBA team. The best 13 year old in our class nationally is like 6’9”.

Reactions: Boiler_B
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT