ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Klieman has to be the target now

1) success in a P5 division
2) has shown he can beat teams like Oklahoma and develop a line that controls the LOS
3) he did it with Husker players, which is the most compelling factor

obviously, if Urban is available you pull that trigger (spare me the sanctimony), but as far as i'm concerned, Klieman brings more to the table than Campbell or Leipold in terms of tangible results and evidence of a quick rebuild into a tough team.

i know this board has a love affair with Aranda, but something tells me he's awaiting an SEC payday
I'm still not convinced the win over OU was nothing more than a complacent OU team that had just steam rolled Nebraska. I would guess if KSU played OU five times they would probably lose 3 of the five. I still have my eye on Leipold and will follow his team (Kansas) more closely this year and check the metrics of each game more closely.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I'm still not convinced the win over OU was nothing more than a complacent OU team that had just steam rolled Nebraska. I would guess if KSU played OU five times they would probably lose 3 of the five. I still have my eye on Leipold and will follow his team (Kansas) more closely this year and check the metrics of each game more closely.
LOL. And 4 of 5 to N?

d6A0Xv2UfClHwbDDG810c_Z7vNxHxWk9T2O_Bebs2B1pjYspxgE2WuyhsXZCpVTzjY6Ml84-hOZMyVwLKMl7WxUxJVN0XFEJM0sqB8o0uNmv2UYgACjmKPgsmhvjfU5AO7jmmekRDf0T1H0nVlJanom6ScdkkzXkBQjy1TSJbqv0fGgE4qM3ro1f3TX7qMGE-Dy2HJVQkg=s0-d-e1-ft

Last edited:
1) success in a P5 division
2) has shown he can beat teams like Oklahoma and develop a line that controls the LOS
3) he did it with Husker players, which is the most compelling factor

obviously, if Urban is available you pull that trigger (spare me the sanctimony), but as far as i'm concerned, Klieman brings more to the table than Campbell or Leipold in terms of tangible results and evidence of a quick rebuild into a tough team.

i know this board has a love affair with Aranda, but something tells me he's awaiting an SEC payday
🤔

Complacent? I don't think so. Overrated? Yes. Nebraska showed what any team can do to beat OU on the opening drive, but we couldn't capitalize at all. Not to mention our o-line doesn't exist. K-State, however, does have a line, albeit not spectacular by any means. The run game by KSU was great, and when they needed to pass, they did so in reasonable scenarios or when they were set up for success, and they easily dispatched OU at the end. Klieman has the capability of pulling critical games, but the losses to teams like Tulane hurt his stock a bit. I just don't see Klieman being N.

Leipold? Seriously, give us a break. He just got to KU and is picking up pace (not a lot, but a noticeable amount). Don't forget he's currently 8-15, and still the Big 12's doormat. It baffles me why people think he's on any sort of list for hire here. Defintely not N.

2 months later and Klieman is still the best hire Trev could make outside of Urban.

I'm going to be very disappointed if it comes out that Trev was too cheap to convince him to move. It is very hard to put a price on Nebraska becoming B1GCCG contenders

• Haha
Reactions: SkerInCo and WHCSC
2 months later and Klieman is still the best hire Trev could make outside of Urban.

I'm going to be very disappointed if it comes out that Trev was too cheap to convince him to move. It is very hard to put a price on Nebraska becoming B1GCCG contenders
I doubt it's going to be about money whatever happens. Trev's butt is on the line he knows it.

He'd have to can himself and hire Gene Taylor for Chris Klieman to walk up that hill to Lincoln.

Overrated? Yes. Nebraska showed what any team can do to beat OU on the opening drive, but we couldn't capitalize at all

We had the lead for a minute and a half before getting trounced by 5 TD's, showed how easy they are to beat. OU IS a bad team this year, would have still taken the B1G West.

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
We had the lead for a minute and a half before getting trounced by 5 TD's, showed how easy they are to beat. OU IS a bad team this year, would have still taken the B1G West.
They would have to contend with Illinois and Iowa in order to win the B1G west.

You think Nebraska offered LL and he chose to stay at KU. 🤣🤣

After getting blown out on Saturday and losing 6 of his last 7 games. 😂😂😂
Did you see the Bugs record?

He took over the worst program and is going to a bowl in first full year.

Wasn't he a bug assistant at some point?

Enjoy the journey. Tom and convicts are not happening again

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Did you see the Bugs record?

He took over the worst program and is going to a bowl in first full year.

Wasn't he a bug assistant at some point?

Enjoy the journey. Tom and convicts are not happening again
Thanks for stopping by, Mr. 30 IQ. It will come to pass that Nebraska never offered your coach. You can go back to your loser board now.

ADVERTISEMENT