ADVERTISEMENT

Chinander throws shade at Diaco

Don't forget the "bragging rights" and recruiting factors as well. A lot of Nebraskans live and work in Iowa and vice versa. That, by itself, creates something of a "rivalry" atmosphere. Nobody wants to have to talk to that Iowan who works in Omaha and you have to see him on Monday after Iowa kicks our ass on Saturday. We also don't want to be losing recruits out of Omaha to Iowa. We need to win the Iowa/Nebraska areas recruiting battles.

Not to mention some of us have close friends that are Iowa fans, like myself.. The Riley era has been pretty tough too deal with.. And it also trickles down to Basketball and Baseball games too.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
You are new. This is FAR from the the dumbest thread. There was one on here a few weeks back about farting. Hang around awhile and you will see it gets much worse than this. I have learned it is much less frustrating to just ignore than to comment on the posts that annoy.

Naw man. I'll take a fart post now and then, but a post that starts out making fun of the Goof Troop that ran our defense last year shouldn't devolve into a bunch of dudes going back and forth with "While I see your point, let me make this same point I've made" about whether or not Iowa is a rival. Why not just slam your sensitive parts in a filing cabinet and call it a day, boys?

Naw man. I'll take a fart post now and then, but a post that starts out making fun of the Goof Troop that ran our defense last year shouldn't devolve into a bunch of dudes going back and forth with "While I see your point, let me make this same point I've made" about whether or not Iowa is a rival. Why not just slam your sensitive parts in a filing cabinet and call it a day, boys?
God bless Iowa fan.

Is this not what you are doing as well? Just arguing a different point? This is a msg board with many different view point, senses of humor, interests ect... Not everyone is going to agree with the topic, some could even hate the topic (as you do this topic)
If everyone would comment on the ones that interest them and not on the ones that don't. It would solve much of the pointless arguing. It is fine to disagree with a post. To just comment on a post with the specific intent to say "this sucks" is pointless and contributes nothing. IMHO As I don't want to be a hypocrite, this is the last I will comment on the matter. :)

Is this not what you are doing as well? Just arguing a different point? This is a msg board with many different view point, senses of humor, interests ect... Not everyone is going to agree with the topic, some could even hate the topic (as you do this topic)
If everyone would comment on the ones that interest them and not on the ones that don't. It would solve much of the pointless arguing. It is fine to disagree with a post. To just comment on a post with the specific intent to say "this sucks" is pointless and contributes nothing. IMHO As I don't want to be a hypocrite, I will leave this alone from here on out. :)

There are plenty of threads where Iowa sucks. Just go ahead and go to one of those instead of going back and forth over the same stupid points where neither of you is going to convince the other. Not hard to do that either.

There are plenty of threads where Iowa sucks. Just go ahead and go to one of those instead of going back and forth over the same stupid points where neither of you is going to convince the other. Not hard to do that either.
This is actually not a fact, me and very few others have a special hatred for typical Iowa fan, but the majority of threads and posts on this board are “Iowa free”.

Reactions: husker2612
This is actually not a fact, me and very few others have a special hatred for typical Iowa fan, but the majority of threads and posts on this board are “Iowa free”.

It’s a fact. We troll Iowa pretty well and regularly here. If you are a grown adult with a “special hatred” for people from a different school with different laundry, you need to go ahead and bump up the dosage. You’re not healthy.

It’s a fact. We troll Iowa pretty well and regularly here. If you are a grown adult with a “special hatred” for people from a different school with different laundry, you need to go ahead and bump up the dosage. You’re not healthy.
“We” ? Do you have a turd in your pocket? Nice try Iowa fan. If you want to talk Nebraska football with your friends go back to the Iowa board. That is all.

Last edited:
Reactions: husker2612
“We” ? Do you have a turd in your pocket? Nice try Iowa fan. If you want to talk Nebraska football with your friends go back to the Iowa board. That is all.

An Iowa fan named “RedOnAir”. You need to get some help. Seriously bud.

In all seriousness, how hard is it, if you are an Iowa fan, to try and hide behind a “Husker” like screen name?

I'm not an Iowa fan. Go ahead and look through my meager post history that goes back to 2011 and figure it out. There is nothing remotely "Iowa" about it, other than pointing out that grown adults dickering about whether they are a rival or not is kind of dumb in a thread started about our current D coordinator making fun of our most recent D coordinator.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I'm not an Iowa fan. Go ahead and look through my meager post history that goes back to 2011 and figure it out. There is nothing remotely "Iowa" about it, other than pointing out that grown adults dickering about whether they are a rival or not is kind of dumb in a thread started about our current D coordinator making fun of our most recent D coordinator.
I have no reason to doubt you. Just having a little fun. I’ll stay out now.

The stuff on here about Iowa really isn't about Iowa per se. It is really just an entry point for a broader conversation about the current state of our program and where we want it to go.

It is a college football chat board. We were discussing a small slice of college football. I see nothing weird about that.

What IS weird is someone coming on here and making a big pointless fuss about how stupid it is to be talking about the relative merits of Iowa's college football program versus ours. And then droning on and on about it, making the same point over and over even as he complains about others making the same point over and over.

It is a free country. Nobody is twisting anyone's arm to read any of this.
Get a life

The stuff on here about Iowa really isn't about Iowa per se. It is really just an entry point for a broader conversation about the current state of our program and where we want it to go.

It is a college football chat board. We were discussing a small slice of college football. I see nothing weird about that.

What IS weird is someone coming on here and making a big pointless fuss about how stupid it is to be talking about the relative merits of Iowa's college football program versus ours. And then droning on and on about it, making the same point over and over even as he complains about others making the same point over and over.

It is a free country. Nobody is twisting anyone's arm to read any of this.
Get a life

I made like 3 posts, but you’re right. It’s totally the same as hijacking a thread to repeat your off topic take.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I made like 3 posts, but you’re right. It’s totally the same as hijacking a thread to repeat your off topic take.
Actually, you have made 10 posts, all off topic, on this poor little hijacked thread you are so worried about.

Something tells me, therefore, that you aren't really that concerned about this thread being hijacked and are just on here to be combative. Or so it seems. Maybe you do just get genuinely upset when threads go off topic.

But threads wander off course all the time. They aren't "hijacked", which implies intention, but just drift in new directions as topics related to the original OP emerge on their own steam. This has happened to numerous threads I have started and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. When it happens to one of my posts and I want to get back on topic, I just say so. No big deal. Other times, the drift into a related conversation is interesting and I welcome it.

A Hawkeyes fan came on here and made a simple comment lauding our new coaches and hoping that Iowa can recruit better so that our two teams can both be good in the future. I wrote back and agreed. That then led to a discussion of Iowa being a rival or not. Not exactly the greatest topic ever debated on here, but hardly the worst either.

Don't want to get in a pissing match here. Just don't understand your tone over a fairly innocuous series of posts.
I won't respond again.

Last edited:
Actually, you have made 10 posts, all off topic, on this poor little hijacked thread you are so worried about.

Something tells me, therefore, that you aren't really that concerned about this thread being hijacked and are just on here to be combative. Or so it seems. Maybe you do just get genuinely upset when threads go off topic.

But threads wander off course all the time. They aren't "hijacked", which implies intention, but just drift in new directions as topics related to the original OP emerge on their own steam. This has happened to numerous threads I have started and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. When it happens to one of my posts and I want to get back on topic, I just say so. No big deal. Other times, the drift into a related conversation is interesting and I welcome it.

A Hawkeyes fan came on here and made a simple comment lauding our new coaches and hoping that Iowa can recruit better so that our two teams can both be good in the future. I wrote back and agreed. That then led to a discussion of Iowa being a rival or not. Not exactly the greatest topic ever debated on here, but hardly the worst either.

Don't want to get in a pissing match here. Just don't understand your tone over a fairly innocuous series of posts.
I won't respond again.

I know what happened. I can read. I said it was stupid. Then explained why, then got accused of being an Iowa fan because I said it was stupid.

How in the hell is that NOT stupid.

Take about 10-15% off there. Nothing is that serious.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I know what happened. I can read. I said it was stupid. Then explained why, then got accused of being an Iowa fan because I said it was stupid.

How in the hell is that NOT stupid.

Take about 10-15% off there. Nothing is that serious.
Why are you still posting here in this thread? You are doing the exact thing you are complaining about. You say its not that serious, but can’t stop posting here.

No one is going to say to another in this thread, “I see your point.” Just let this thread die.

Why are you still posting here in this thread? You are doing the exact thing you are complaining about. You say its not that serious, but can’t stop posting here.

No one is going to say to another in this thread, “I see your point.” Just let this thread die.

Really,talk about derailing the thread he surely succeeded.o_O

Really,talk about derailing the thread he surely succeeded.o_O
So now this thread has gone from being about Chinander and Diaco, to a discussion about Iowa football, to a discussion about whether or not we are obsessed too much with Iowa, to the nature of rivalries in general, to a discussion of decades old Nebraska rivals, to a discussion about the true loyalties of a Newbie poster, and finally to a discussion about hijacked threads.

At the very least, it has been entertaining! o_O Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT