ADVERTISEMENT

Cavanaugh's OLine laughed at by Minnesota players...

I never said that I didn't believe you.

You're getting pretty sensitive on this matter.

People just need to think before they post. Why on earth would I, my friend, or the parent of the Minny player create a phony text to send out? How would any of us stand to benefit from it? It's the same as pretty much any other conspiracy theory. Way too many people with way too much time on their hands.

The oline sure didnt give up 55 points to their garbage offense... but the oline does suck. Ive said it all year i would swap all 5 guys out for any 5 guys weve played against. Includes arkystate..

Reactions: SC_'sker
Yeah, it's from the parent of the opposing player...and I'm just going to go ahead and trust that my friend didn't garble it when he "FORWARDED" the message.

It astounds me that people actually believe that someone would spend the time to fabricate a rumor that would in no way benefit that person. Anyway, believe what you want. We already knew the OLine sucked, so this text is pretty much confirming what we already knew.
A couple weeks before signing day, my friend who had a son who attended San Antonio Madison said Aaron Green showed up at school wearing a Husker jersey. It was a big mystery whether he would go to Nebraska or Texas. I posted it on here and was similarly mocked. Ok, he ended up leaving here, but he was a top five RB in the country who I predicted early.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
The players have given up. Hell why shouldn’t they give up. There FANS “The Best Fans in the World” gave up on them, so they might as well give up, too.

Our defense played even worse than this. Especially our linebackers and safeties. My God Reed was awful in run support.

Ultimately what we are witnessing is the complete implosion of a football team. A systemic failure. And that is on Mike Riley. Hiring Mike Riley was one of the worst decisions in the history of modern Husker football. I really don't get all the support he gets from fellow coaches and football pundits who laud him as a great coach. He has been a loser (overall record) at the college level and in the NFL. You are what your record says you are.

Can't wait for December. If it's Frost, great. If it isn't, I have confidence we will get a good coach. Either way, it will be an upgrade over Riley. Almost anybody would be an upgrade over Riley

Our defense played even worse than this. Especially our linebackers and safeties. My God Reed was awful in run support.

Ultimately what we are witnessing is the complete implosion of a football team. A systemic failure. And that is on Mike Riley. Hiring Mike Riley was one of the worst decisions in the history of modern Husker football. I really don't get all the support he gets from fellow coaches and football pundits who laud him as a great coach. He has been a loser (overall record) at the college level and in the NFL. You are what your record says you are.

Can't wait for December. If it's Frost, great. If it isn't, I have confidence we will get a good coach. Either way, it will be an upgrade over Riley. Almost anybody would be an upgrade over Riley
It pains me to agree, but your right. I'm sitting here at a very nice B and B, near Lancaster, PA on my way to State College and I feel like I'm on my way to witness an execution. I will be rooting like hell but I have never felt this way before.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Well they certainly placed. Who are you thinking, DB's, or DLine? That's the sad part; pretty much every position struggled.
Immediately thinking about our linebackers who had no idea how to defend a read option. But they were all competing for the title.

Just received this forwarded text from a friend. Rest easy when Riley and his clown car of coaches are canned after Iowa manhandles us on Black Friday...

" 'They are off balance dancing bears.' Got a chance to talk to parents of MN defender (family friend). They could not stop laughing at Husker O Line. Worst their son has seen at collegiate level (he's a senior). He said they misread 50% + of where there blitzes were coming from. He also said the Huskers were one of the softest hitting team he's ever played against. That hurts dude..."

Same thing most of the rest of us have been saying all year :p It isn't exactly a secret. Given it is the player's parents (if true) and what happened to them in '83, I am sure they are getting a good chuckle out of our last game :p

People just need to think before they post. Why on earth would I, my friend, or the parent of the Minny player create a phony text to send out? How would any of us stand to benefit from it? It's the same as pretty much any other conspiracy theory. Way too many people with way too much time on their hands.
People make up stories all the time. It's just what some people do and no one here personally knows you so maybe it's your thing.

I guess wouldn't get so worked up if someone says they don't me believe especially on a message board.

I think your story is exaggerated a bit (or your friend exaggerated a bit), but overall true.

It pains me to agree, but your right. I'm sitting here at a very nice B and B, near Lancaster, PA on my way to State College and I feel like I'm on my way to witness an execution. I will be rooting like hell but I have never felt this way before.
If you are in Lancaster Pa you are about two hours from me. You should come here for breakfast. lol. I thought about going to State College but I have opted to stay home this year. But my hat is off to you sir!

Conrad makes Utter look like an All-American. My, my

Somebody needs to repost that gif of Utter getting thrown back five yards by a safety using only one hand. That was the saddest thing I have ever seen when it comes to Nebraska football. If you see that gif again, you'll change your mind about what you said about Conrad lol

Reactions: RedMyMind
I know, but there sure is something about hearing it directly from a opposing player that really irritates the crap out of a person. Especially when it's a Minnesota player. Ugh..

Don't take this personal but we didn't hear it directly from an opposing player. Its from a friend of a friend and then posted anonymously on a internet forum. Its not mean to be personal but most people automatically have doubts when something includes friend of a friend. But you seem sincere so I'll include that in my acceptance of it. :Cool:

Reactions: Juan Malo
Don't take this personal but we didn't hear it directly from an opposing player. Its from a friend of a friend and then posted anonymously on a internet forum. Its not mean to be personal but most people automatically have doubts when something includes friend of a friend. But you seem sincere so I'll include that in my acceptance of it. :Cool:

Well, there's plenty of video evidence to back it up; don't think it was breaking any new ground other than to hear it from an outside source.

I totally believe it and I also believe that teams say this after almost every game.

Winning team talking to media: "That was one tough game, lots of credit to them, they played hard and physical and we knew they would"

Winning team talking to friends: "Those guys are bitches"

Somebody needs to repost that gif of Utter getting thrown back five yards by a safety using only one hand. That was the saddest thing I have ever seen when it comes to Nebraska football. If you see that gif again, you'll change your mind about what you said about Conrad lol

Nope. At least Utter was in good position. Conrad just falls down or whiffs blocks.

The players have given up. Hell why shouldn’t they give up. There FANS “The Best Fans in the World” gave up on them, so they might as well give up, too.
Oh those poor sensitive boys. Maybe they need to retreat to their safe spaces? Give me a break. This is football for cryin out loud! Yeah go ahead and blame it on the mean fans.

Reactions: Sinomatic

I understand that...when it's mportant information, like someone posting who the new coach is going to be. But when it's essentially something that has already been proven on the field to be true, and is only being confirmed by the Minnesota player, why do people feel the need to have confirmation of it being true? It's like people needing confirmation that water is wet.

It's not ground-breaking information at all. Actually, at this point in the season, it would almost be more of a surprise if an opposing player DIDN'T say something, after 10 games of our OLine performing the way it has.

Well, there's plenty of video evidence to back it up; don't think it was breaking any new ground other than to hear it from an outside source.

Exactly. I generally don't want to be the one to point out that the information I posted on the board was pretty drab and unexciting, but I'll be the first to say that no new ground was broken when I posted what the Minny player said. It was just a player confirming what we already knew.

People make up stories all the time. It's just what some people do and no one here personally knows you so maybe it's your thing.

I guess wouldn't get so worked up if someone says they don't me believe especially on a message board.

I think your story is exaggerated a bit (or your friend exaggerated a bit), but overall true.

Good Lord.. How did we exaggerate the story, when he forwarded on the text to me, and I Cut and Pasted?

I swear, people on this site are absolutely and unequivocally nuts.

Last edited:
Have to change the State slogan from "Nebraska Nice"---maybe "Nebraska Stampede" when Frost gets here.

This actually gives me hope - we are so poorly coached that we have no idea what our talent level is - It would not surprise me that next year there is dramatic improvement much more than most of think that can happen

Reactions: oldjar07

Woe is me, it's all the fans fault. Can you imagine how dominant Riley would be if he was hired at a place with great fan support? Did the O-Line give up after the Oregon game? I've tried to was the NIU game out of my mind but I suggest you go back and pop in the tape.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT