ADVERTISEMENT

Casey Thompson

Yeah thats not correct.
We were 3-9 and got ravaged by every team....except for 2 FCS teams and Northwestern.

Who did they shutdown and allowed us to win a game.

Average defense is now the standard?

Teams played with back ups at crucial positions and still moved the ball against us.

You guys are delusional just to have pride in a program that's terrible.

The defense sucks too.

Illinois embarased this defense in the first game of the season and it continued throughout the season.

We had a team with a great defense and a terrible offense and they finished 10-4 not 3-9.

Last edited:
We were 3-9 and got ravaged by every team....except for 2 FCS teams and Northwestern.

Teams played with back ups at crucial positions and still moved the ball against us.

The defense sucks too.

Illinois embarased this defense in the first game of the season and it continued throughout the season.

We had a team with a great defense and a terrible offense and they finished 10-4 not 3-9.
Did you actually watch any games? Or just check final results online?

The defense sucks too.

Who were the 2 FCS teams?

Reactions: BleedRed78
I know our defense wasn't lock down by any means, but they played well enough in most games to get the win. The hard part is football is a game of momentum. We would get a bunch of stops, but then our offense did nothing and a lot of times they were quick possessions. I think you will see our defense be better once the offense can score. It changes team's game plans when they are down.

The defense sucks too.

Lofl....this dude didn't watch any games

Apparently he was in Lincoln yesterday
SIAP

It was an unofficial. 0 contact with staff, as we are in a dead period until the 11th. Purdy is coming in the weekend after.

Classes at UNL start on 1/18, and the dead period ends 7 days prior to that or Jan 13th, which ever comes first.

The last day to enroll for spring is 1/25.

It was an unofficial. 0 contact with staff, as we are in a dead period until the 11th. Purdy is coming in the weekend after.

Classes at UNL start on 1/18, and the dead period ends 7 days prior to that or Jan 13th, which ever comes first.

The last day to enroll for spring is 1/25.
Hopefully he didn’t come to check out the weather.

Huh… and I thought your posts yesterday were due to alcohol consumption. Now I see you posting the same stuff in the morning.

You might have a drinking problem.
Or you are delusional

I'd go with the latter if you think this was a good defense.

We didnt hold one decent team under 20 points.

And give up a big drive in damn near every loss that lost the game.

No pressure on the QB and minimal turnovers.

You guys are sickening with your dishonesty.

Teams dont score 40 points a game in the BIG not named Ohio St. That's what it would take to win with this defense.

We sucked in all facets. The offense and special teams were so bad that you think the defense was good.

Funny teams stopped us when they needed to win.

3-9 would not have happened if this defense was any good.

Not a member so I can't read, but

I'd love for us to land Thompson. I'm sure he's evaluating a lot of things about various programs, but if he's objective, the opportunity to start at NU has got to be as good or better than other schools and then there's the Whipple factor. Thompson also has to like what he did with Pickett.

I believe he's a grad transfer and has a lot of experience -- which we are lacking greatly. Smothers proved he can manage a game and throw it as needed (16-22 v. Iowa), but it would be nice to have someone like Thompson to elevate the offense and perhaps also grab Purdy as insurance, although he has virtually no experience either.

Watched Thompson's tape against OU. Obviously, it's just highlights and the best of what he did, but sure seems to spread the ball around and have all the throws: slant, hitch, cross, long out and deep ball. Good arm, not great, but throws guys open and not afraid to put it in the middle of the field to slots and TEs, which fits our talent well.

Last edited:
I'd love for us to land Thompson. I'm sure he's evaluating a lot of things about various programs, but if he's objective, the opportunity to start at NU has got to be as good or better than other schools and then there's the Whipple factor. Thompson has to love what he did with Pickett.

I believe he's a grad transfer and has a lot of experience -- which we are lacking greatly. Smothers proved he can manage a game and throw it as needed (16-22 v. Iowa), but it would be nice to have someone like Thompson to elevate the offense and perhaps also grab Purdy as insurance, although he has virtually no experience either.
Correct. He graduated last May, did it in 3 years.

So, per his dad, Thompson was down to 5 schools:
Nebraska - ???
Missouri - Already reported Missouri is NOT looking at him
Oklahoma - just got a committ from Dillon Gabriel of UCF (and still has Caleb Williams)
Auburn - just got a committ from Calzada of Texas A&M
Indiana - just got a committ from Connor Bazelak of Mizzou

Pretty clear?

So, per his dad, Thompson was down to 5 schools:
Nebraska - ???
Missouri - Already reported Missouri is NOT looking at him
Oklahoma - just got a committ from Dillon Gabriel of UCF (and still has Caleb Williams)
Auburn - just got a committ from Calzada of Texas A&M
Indiana - just got a committ from Connor Bazelak of Mizzou

Pretty clear?
Hopefully that will be enough to get him. Hasn’t committed yet.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT