ADVERTISEMENT

Casey Thompson

Naw, I made a kind of "meh" comment about him and was met with a flurry of outraged posts. There was a whole thread about how great he is because some list somewhere had him rated as a top 5 qb transfer.

You have made a negative comment about every single player mentioned, only to see most land at big time programs. As for the Akron kid, I don’t recall the outrage you are talking about, feel free to share. I do think he would have been a nice second QB (like Purdy) if we take two.

The kid puts up FCS numbers better than our QBs HIGH SCHOOL numbers and people want to second guess him.

There are a couple on this board that are going to trash any and every possible recruit, Coach, etc. Just to take that with a grain of salt. Ward is super talented and would be a great get, but it doesn’t seem like we are in the running for him right now.

That is about the dumbest comparison you can make
We are talking about level of competition, he is putting up madden numbers at the collegiate level at a young age . Our prospective qbs don’t have better HS tape than the tape he put together up against far greater competition smart guy.

Reactions: Bold Words
We are talking about level of competition, he is putting up madden numbers at the collegiate level at a young age . Our prospective qbs don’t have better HS tape than the tape he put together up against far greater competition smart guy.
Well you can bookmark this if you want and show me how well he does against real competition. Either way.. he isn't coming to Nebraska... The FCS has guys put up Madden numbers every season this is nothing new and I can bet none of you know who any of them are and none of you know who any of the previous seasons FCS QB studs are either.. Only reason everyone is drooling over him now is because he's in the portal

Well you can bookmark this if you want and show me how well he does against real competition. Either way.. he isn't coming to Nebraska... The FCS has guys put up Madden numbers every season this is nothing new and I can bet none of you know who any of them are and none of you know who any of the previous seasons FCS QB studs are either.. Only reason everyone is drooling over him now is because he's in the portal
Who are the FCS QBs that transferred to P5 schools that didn’t put up good numbers? It is like trying to prove a hypothetical.

of course the reason he is in the discussions is because he is in the portal. The discussions mostly center on transfer QBs, it wouldn’t make a ton of sense to talk about QBs that aren’t transferring at all.

Reactions: mrruffin10
Dude was 5-7 against a schedule much kinder than NU’s. He is highly likely to not be an upgrade from Martinez. And is far from a lock to start over Smothers, should he transfer.
Texas's defense was absolute ass for much of the season, so can't blame the qb for that. Casey Thompson would be a huge get and upgrade from Martinez.

Who are the FCS QBs that transferred to P5 schools that didn’t put up good numbers? It is like trying to prove a hypothetical.

of course the reason he is in the discussions is because he is in the portal. The discussions mostly center on transfer QBs, it wouldn’t make a ton of sense to talk about QBs that aren’t transferring at all.
There hasn't been any that I can find or think of..... And obviously that is why he is in the discussion, but to say he is the best choice because he performed well in the FCS (when it happens every year), then try to compare his stats against someone's high school stats.

Just not sold on the hype is all.. But it won't really matter because he isn't coming here

with our recent history of looking off talent, this crowd can sure affirm that by looking gift horses in the mouth.
Thompson would be a great get.
Purdy, too.
I’d take the Glantz kid, too.
we gotta get off the mat, folks!

It's amazing, after four years of hell with AM, plus another losing year with Tanner Lee, to make it 5 straight losing years with 50% or worse winning QB's, the audience here is salivating at the bit to bring in another 50% winning QB, full of excuses, injuries, and more ifs and buts.

For a position that is so important to the success of the team, I think it would be real prudent for Whipple to do his due diligence here..

None of us have been able to really evaluate him, but I'm looking for a change, another direction, not to jump into year 6 to run a similar (50% winner QB) playbook again.

Last edited:
It's amazing, after four years of hell with AM, plus another losing year with Tanner Lee, to make it 5 straight losing years with 50% or worse winning QB's, the audience here is salivating at the bit to bring in another 50% winning QB, full of excuses, injuries, and more ifs and buts.

For a position that is so important to the success of the team, I think it would be real prudent for Whipple to do his due diligence here..

None of us have been able to really evaluate him, but I'm looking for a change, another direction, not to jump into year 6 to run a similar (50% winner QB) playbook again.
I get your argument, really I do, but seriously you can't base your argument soley on an FCS win record. None of us know the competitive nature of any of the three. You have to be able to look at things objectively, not just win loss record.

Reactions: NikkiSixx

So if whipple brings in one of these QBs, does that mean he didn’t do his due diligence?

Reactions: Laner2
So if whipple brings in one of these QBs, does that mean he didn’t do his due diligence?
I'm just saying I hope he does his homework and Scott keeps his nose out of things. I trust Whipple quite a lot based off what he said in his press conference. He goes by 'feel', or intuition about the right guy. I don't have confidence that Scott won't over ride him though.

Reactions: timnsun
I'm just saying I hope he does his homework and Scott keeps his nose out of things. I trust Whipple quite a lot based off what he said in his press conference. He goes by 'feel', or intuition about the right guy. I don't have confidence that Scott won't over ride him though.
Thanks for clarifying. I know Scott is the head coach, but Whipple has been coaching since Scott was in diapers. I am hoping that would carry some weight. Time will tell.

A QB who wins 50% of his games would be a massive improvement.

That whole premise is so stupid. Like bad QB’s like Mertz and Petras are somehow better than a guy like Taulia because they play for teams with good defenses and special teams. Their teams win in spite of them and we are supposed to think they are winners. Yet there are some QB’s who win less but are much better players who’s teams would never win without them.

You have made a negative comment about every single player mentioned, only to see most land at big time programs. As for the Akron kid, I don’t recall the outrage you are talking about, feel free to share. I do think he would have been a nice second QB (like Purdy) if we take two.
Sorry, you are thinking of someone else. I haven't commented on any transfers except the Akron kid, Purdy in this thread, and Thompson, who I just said would be the best fit, which is not negative. Apology accepted.

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
Lol @ those acting like CT is an elite QB, he's average at best. I mean nothing against the kid but pump your breaks on the hype. The thing is that you have to look at how he's going to fit within the scheme Frost/Whipple comes up with but he's definitely not Pickett in any sense of the word.

Lol @ those acting like CT is an elite QB, he's average at best. I mean nothing against the kid but pump your breaks on the hype. The thing is that you have to look at how he's going to fit within the scheme Frost/Whipple comes up with but he's definitely not Pickett in any sense of the word.

Average at best? You have to be kidding. The kid led the Big 12 in passing TD’s and did it playing through injury. He is a very good QB any possible way you slice it.

Average QB's don't throw 29 td's and 9 int's...average would be the young inexperienced QB's currently on the roster. Good luck keeping your job with Smothers/HH. If we get him that means Whipple has vetted him, let him develop and game plan around his skill set. The kid can play.

Last edited:
He is much better than average. That's just a terrible take. Lofl.

There are 8 starting QBs in he NFL right now that did not play football for a P5 team. That is 1/4th of the entire league.
1. Wentz
how many elite qbs are in the portal?

Reactions: headcard
After seeing how noncommittal Williams was last night about staying at OU, I wonder if Thompson is waiting on that situation and hoping to end up at OU if Williams bails.

• Sad
Reactions: BleedRed78
After seeing how noncommittal Williams was last night about staying at OU, I wonder if Thompson is waiting on that situation and hoping to end up at OU if Williams bails.
I think you are right, I think OU might be a wild card in this, but seeing TOS giving the crystal ball to Nebraska makes me feel better.

don't listen to the morons.. they are the same ones that told you there was no way Eichost was running the program through Riley, and also the same ones chest thumping about how AM was a heisman finalist.. they probably mean well, but have a history of being wrong.

It's a game of musical chairs and we have to wait for the better programs to pick over the portal so we can take their leftovers. Where are our million dollar NIL deals? We talk a good game but we are just pretending to be a blueblood at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT