ADVERTISEMENT

CornHusker_635

Walk On
Dec 14, 2017

I just watched this entire video. Compared to AM2, here are some pro's & con's that I saw out of our new QB (in my expert opinion)....

Pro:
- Way better pocket presence & awareness
- Sense of urgency
- Accurate screen pass thrower (lol)
- Short throw accuracy
- Quick decision maker
- Physical
- Wears a visor on his helmet

Con:

- Questionable deep ball accuracy
- Played for Texas
- Probably just got chlamydia on his recent trip to Miami last week

Watch that video and let me know your thoughts!
GBR

I just watched this entire video. Compared to AM2, here are some pro's & con's that I saw out of our new QB (in my expert opinion)....

Pro:
- Way better pocket presence & awareness
- Sense of urgency
- Accurate screen pass thrower (lol)
- Short throw accuracy
- Quick decision maker
- Physical
- Wears a visor on his helmet

Con:
- Questionable deep ball accuracy
- Played for Texas
- Probably just got chlamydia on his recent trip to Miami last week

Watch that video and let me know your thoughts!
GBR
Con:

Dad played for Boomer Sooner.

Questionable deep ball accuracy,
it has to beat armstrongs, everyone go out for a bomb and try to run under it...
like when we beat georgia

Reactions: BleedRed78
But does Adrian have a brother that would commit to NU then flip to MSU and committ a horrible false start on a kick to lose a game.

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
I watched 1 minute and all I have to say is why did Frost stick with fuzz brain after 2019? Thompson looks more than serviceable and I feel like I won’t be saying **** as much this season

Reactions: BleedRed78
He definitely has more feel and poise for the position then Martinez had. Accuracy overall is better.

He did have 9 picks and a number of balls that could have been intercepted. I'd like to see if he learned from a bunch of those mistakes and can improve his decision making a little bit.

Overall I think he'll be an upgrade but the question will be how big of an upgrade?

athletic ability is probably a draw
leadership ability is probably a draw too
Competitiveness? CT is way more competitive (it appears) than AM. This is a big difference.
His short passing game is night and day different than Martinez as others have pointed out.

Finally, can CT pull the rabbit out of the hat when he has to?

That's the real question.

If he can be clutch when he needs to be, we are going to be 180 degrees better than previously.

seem like the questions is
can thompson hang onto the ball better?
and
can thompsons passing accuracy, surpass martinez's ability to run. as far as production?
(martinez could get you a first on 3 and 7 from time to time, with his feet)

Well, you did see what happened when he was pulled for the next guy right?
I think that was part of Frost's plan. Make sure the backup QB has no reps and can't provide competition so people are happy to see AM playing again.

What I gleaned.....
-CT has a much faster trigger. Minimal sitting back and waiting. Played with authority, knew what he wanted to do
-knows how to step up in the pocket, evades the rush well
-scrambling ability is better than I thought
-didnt appear to take unnecessary hits, no standing up and taking it on the chin, folded or slid before contact often
-deep passes were often there, but receiver were molested, or fell down a lot
-UT defense must have been shit. They scored a lot of points only to still be on the losing end of games.

Not many, if any designed QB runs on that video. We will miss that a little. I'm guessing Frost will still try it. Martinez was good at it when he had lanes, it was called at the right time and he was healthy.

This video gets me excited for his potential here. Heres to hoping Coach Dad knows how to use CT the right way.

What I gleaned.....
-CT has a much faster trigger. Minimal sitting back and waiting. Played with authority, knew what he wanted to do
-didnt appear to take unnecessary hits, no standing up and taking it on the chin, folded or slid before contact often
-UT defense must have been shit. They scored a lot of points only to still be on the losing end of games.

Not many, if any designed QB runs on that video. We will miss that a little. I'm guessing Frost will still try it. Martinez was good at it when he had lanes, it was called at the right time and he was healthy.

This video gets me excited for his potential here. Heres to hoping Coach Dad knows how to use CT the right way.
I'm on board with a massive reduction in the # of designed QB runs.

Seems like our QB got injured after about the third offensive snap each season since Frost arrived.

I did. Referring to why frost didn’t recruit someone to take over him via grad transfer.
NIL wasn't here yet. 3 year starter thing is legit, but also, nobody worth a damn was coming here to play for him after what we had all seen up to that point. If not for pay for play, CT and others aren't here.

Reactions: king_kong_
What I gleaned.....

I think with Verduzco being gone and hopefully Whipple instilling a solid offensive plan, we may finally be able to turn the page on that non-leadership known as AM.

Most amazing to me was just Frost's and Verduzco's willingness to overlook what every else was seeing. If the QB cupboard was bare, it was from Frosts' and Verduzco's own choosing. NU was early enough in the new Frost regime to try to bring in another QB, if they indicated the job was truly up for grabs.

The indeciveness, the refusal to throw a receiver open, the bonehead turnovers at critical times, I just want a QB who can manage the game, stay within his ability, and gain the confidence of the players.

I felt when Martinez was the QB it resembled a pitcher who throws a ton of balls and walks a lot of guys and as a result the defense gets to standing around.

In football, that equates to less sharp routes, less attention to the route depth, since AM would refuse to throw a route that was open, and just as likely to take off and run.

I don't dislike Martinez as an athlete and person, and I hope he stays healthy so KSU fans can get a full dose of why NU's loss of a 4 year starter was looked as a a win for NU and their fans who are tired of losing.

We don't know if Thompson, Purdy or Smothers is going to be "the man." Hopefully, Thompson comes in and is able to do things that Martinez was allowed to not do over 4 years.

It would be nice to know IF a QB is struggling, the OC would be willing to make a change and not punish the whole offensive unit by sticking with a guy who's stinking up the place.

In the event, the OL can provide a little protection, it would be awesome to see our very talented receiver corp be able to run sharp routes and then have the ball delivered to one of them, and not pull the ball down and take off running.

Is there anyone who reads this that would have stuck with Martinez for 4 straight years that resulted in losing seasons?

Frost and by extension, Verduzco seemed to consciously or unconsciously sabotage the whole program by refusing to give anyone else a chance.

That's my Friday morning bitch session, and I apologize to those who disagree.

I think with Verduzco being gone and hopefully Whipple instilling a solid offensive plan, we may finally be able to turn the page on that non-leadership known as AM.

Most amazing to me was just Frost's and Verduzco's willingness to overlook what every else was seeing. If the QB cupboard was bare, it was from Frosts' and Verduzco's own choosing. NU was early enough in the new Frost regime to try to bring in another QB, if they indicated the job was truly up for grabs.

The indeciveness, the refusal to throw a receiver open, the bonehead turnovers at critical times, I just want a QB who can manage the game, stay within his ability, and gain the confidence of the players.

I felt when Martinez was the QB it resembled a pitcher who throws a ton of balls and walks a lot of guys and as a result the defense gets to standing around.

In football, that equates to less sharp routes, less attention to the route depth, since AM would refuse to throw a route that was open, and just as likely to take off and run.

I don't dislike Martinez as an athlete and person, and I hope he stays healthy so KSU fans can get a full dose of why NU's loss of a 4 year starter was looked as a a win for NU and their fans who are tired of losing.

We don't know if Thompson, Purdy or Smothers is going to be "the man." Hopefully, Thompson comes in and is able to do things that Martinez was allowed to not do over 4 years.

It would be nice to know IF a QB is struggling, the OC would be willing to make a change and not punish the whole offensive unit by sticking with a guy who's stinking up the place.

In the event, the OL can provide a little protection, it would be awesome to see our very talented receiver corp be able to run sharp routes and then have the ball delivered to one of them, and not pull the ball down and take off running.

Is there anyone who reads this that would have stuck with Martinez for 4 straight years that resulted in losing seasons?

Frost and by extension, Verduzco seemed to consciously or unconsciously sabotage the whole program by refusing to give anyone else a chance.

That's my Friday morning bitch session, and I apologize to those who disagree.
If AM hadn’t left, this would be the most depressing off-season in football history precluding essentially a 5-year march to the gallows for a native son

the only people posting here would be minn, iowa, kstate and purdue fans lol

If AM hadn’t left, this would be the most depressing off-season in football history precluding essentially a 5-year march to the gallows for a native son

I don't know..thompson, purdy and martinez would be good depth

But the dshts still constantly post here.

If only he had enough games played to do one.
Yep. There just is not much out there. Some Hudl stuff from high school and a few other videos from practices in the past. That is about it. I guess my deeper point is that we are all just assuming that Thompson is the next starting QB. But I have read a few things on Purdy that make me wonder if he might not be the better QB in terms of overall upside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT