ADVERTISEMENT

BYU

for those that are interested in watching BYU take on a team last year (with a new coach) and a lot of talented players..

Texas having talented players is kind of debatable. With recruiting services and offers, they looked top notch, but boy were they lacking in development. I would question how far some on their roster has progressed from high school. The younger guys, under Strong, should get better, but Mack had completely lost his team.

Last edited:
Texas was God awful last season. You could argue that BYU played 5 teams better than Texas, and the Cougars schedule was terrible.

Texas was bad, but as I watch this replay, BYU is no slouch, and their QB is the real deal. I think it will be a tough game.

We are Nebraska and we shouldnt fear any team. I'm not as scared as most people on here but I'm not ignorant to what BYU can do with a healthy taysom. We are better at every position group with QB being the only one they could say they have the edge. They have no idea how to gameplan for our offense and while it is hard to learn a new system, our guys are hungry and want to win. Nebraska- 30 Brawlin Mormons- 17 G. B. R.

Reactions: HuskerO
Texas was bad, but as I watch this replay, BYU is no slouch, and their QB is the real deal. I think it will be a tough game.

Until I see Taysom Hill take off and run effectively after suffering his 2nd major knee injury of the last 34 months, I will question his ability to play at the same level.

Anybody heard much, or done much research on them? I have a buddy from BYU that claims they are going to drill us in Lincoln because their offense and defense is unique. I viewed a few of their boards, and most of them are penciling us in as an easy win. Outside of Taysom Hill I didn't see much in the videos I watched. Their RB is decent and have some huge WR's, but their D is pretty bad (probably comparable to Fresno). Obviously waiting to see how Big Red looks, but the only real thing that makes me nervous is Taysom Hill.
the byu offense is really good. the byu defense is really bad. noway they should drill nebraska. Should be a highscoring game.

Good, now we can just demolish him in his first game and test his resolve.
Additionally, nobody is really mentioning how tough it is for BYU to gameplan for what we're going to do. Obviously, they'll watch OSU tape, but that will only give them so much. They'll definitely need to adjust on the fly.
Hey I mentioned it 3 posts above yours; thanks for not reading, boo hoo :)

Word out of Provo is that starting RB Jamaal Williams has withdrawn from school temporarily for personal reasons and will redshirt this year. So he's definitely out for our game.

Algernon Brown (324 yards rushing, 0 TDs) becomes the starter. Not nearly as dangerous as Williams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT