ADVERTISEMENT

Brutal Saturday game

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Holy crap, they are not Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State or Michigan, or even Washington, Utah, Oregon State and Oregon, who are all going to beat them by 10+ points.

Yes they are talented at certain spots, but they have played ONE game against a TCU team (and defensive coordinator) who gave up 155 points the past 3 games.

Oh, and they’re only 3 point favorites at HOME.

The key is going to be our pass rush and our DBs containing their speed. TCU took some bad angles and just got out run in giving up some big plays. And we’re not super fast back there.

Listening to others who know football break down TCU defense gives one hope. I was watching the game and was wondering what the hell D they were trying to run

Reactions: BleedRed78
I thought you were referring to my battle against the demon alcohol.

Just a week ago everyone penciled this in as an easy win. This isn’t a deep Colorado team outside of their top 5 or so players. Let’s just wait before we talk about getting blown out…. That’s not really the Nebraska way to lose anyway.
....because it only a takes a few players with elite talent to change the makeup of the entire team. Something we've been fairly inept at. You'll see it this Saturday...

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Just a week ago everyone penciled this in as an easy win. This isn’t a deep Colorado team outside of their top 5 or so players. Let’s just wait before we talk about getting blown out…. That’s not really the Nebraska way to lose anyway.
"Idiots" penciled this in as an easy win. The same people that said Nebraska would curb stomp the buffs in 2018 & 2019 and are predicting Nebraska will go 11-1 this year. The same people that have already forgotten Nebraska has not gone over .500 in six years, are the ones that said that. You know, the delusional fans who can't even be slightly objective about the realities of this football program.
Can Nebraska beat Colorado? Of course they can. Will they though??? Based off of history and based off of what we saw last week, most likely not.
I certainly hope they do though, because I know I would certainly love to see Nebraska do something they haven't done in almost a decade...win enough games in a season, to go to a bowl game and win said bowl game.

Reactions: cavalot
....because it only a takes a few players with elite talent to change the makeup of the entire team. Something we've been fairly inept at. You'll see it this Saturday...
We've been there done that. Did you miss the Callahan era entirely by chance??

Reactions: cavalot
Predictions are dumb regardless when you're dealing with two teams that are still 90% unknown. But do you really want to be the guy who has 42 posts in 10 years, but stops by to drop a new post of one sentence saying "your" team is going to bent over on Saturday?

What a fan.

And, since I just said predictions are dumb, I'll take Nebraska by two touchdowns.

Last edited:
I can't believe the fond memories people have for Callahan. I don't have such great memories.
I get that. I tend to agree with Dingle who usually states that if Callahan would've fired his DC for someone better, paired with his offense he could've done more wonders than stinkers.

My point to Tetonia was that Callahan had a "handful of elite talent" and it sure as hell didn't make up for other deficiencies like he's thinking with Colorado currently.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
The Colorado hype train is at full speed. Its amazing how after one game so many people think Sanders will throw for over 500 yards every game and Hunter will play full time on both sides of the ball, picking off at least one ball a game and going for over 100 yards on offense.

Like... what the heck would an above average game be then? They are talented, but damn, one game against a TCU team that lost their previous game 65 to 7 and had to replace a lot of starters.

We've been there done that. Did you miss the Callahan era entirely by chance??
Nah, was right there in the stands. That brand of football, recruiting and even the relative lack of coaching was FAR SUPERIOR than the BS we’ve been entertained with for the last decade of ‘X’s and O’s’. Was happy with the direction even compared to Solich, numbers aside. Was good seeing Talent over Decline.

I remember Texas Tech hanging 50 points on us, putting a nail in Callahan’s coffin… Difference between then and now is that we actually could’ve won that game with the talent we had on that team, vs. presently, where there are a handful of games that we cannot possibly win. You choose.

Last edited:
Yes, CU's offense passed the eyeball test. Despite TCU's questionable defense, CU just had a real look about them on offense that showed that they had speed and talent.

So I am going to take it as a given for now that they do indeed have a good offense. However, our defense also looked good against Minnesota. They too passed the eyeball test. And, once again, as with TCU's defense, we do not know how good Minnesota's offense really is. But our defense showed speed, physicality and aggressiveness and shut down the run against a team known for running.

Therefore, as I analyze the CU-NU matchup I think it comes down to strength on strength -- their offense against our defense -- and weakness on weakness -- their defense against our offense.

Prediction: one heck of a close game. Perhaps this game is the game we finally win a close one, on the road, against a ranked team. I say we will win. If we can avoid turnovers, play solid special teams, and run the ball/control the clock, we have a very good chance here.

GBR

how about if we hold sanders to 100 yards under his average? keep the skinny little rb to under 200 apy. stop hunter at 2 pics and under 100 yds recieving. i think we have score in the 30's. how many bonehead unforced errors? who knows. anything in college football can happen.

Our O-coordinator needs to grow some and stick with the run and try to wear down CUs defense. Heavy dose of Gabe and even Rahmir.

We keep them in front of us on D and commit hard to the run, even if it's not working early I think we win.

I expect we will throw about 7 or 8 too many passes and a couple of picks and lose a close one.

Based off of history and based off of what we saw last week, most likely not.
"Based off of history" doesn't make sense to me, especially with a new coach. If that was a real reason for an outcome, then Solich never would've gone 7-7.

I'm not sure how it will play out but TCU just rushed 3 most of the game and got picked apart. TCU's down 3 aren't particularly good either. I think White will have a better game plan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT