ADVERTISEMENT

Broncos fans...HC is down to

sloth316

Senior
Jun 24, 2002
Vic Fangio (DC for the Bears) and Mike Munchack (OL Coach for the Steelers)...who you got?

While neither are “wow” candidates, would like to see what Fangio could do with Miller and Chubb...hire an innovative OC and give him control to do as he pleases...upgrade the OL and secondary in the draft, ride Keenum one more year and get your qb in next year’s draft

Going to be interesting no matter who Denver hires. Just hope it works. Elway needs to get a quarterback. Not just any QB. A quarterback with winning experience and several more years of playing time. A QB like Joe Flacco!! Yep, I said/wrote it.

Vic Fangio (DC for the Bears) and Mike Munchack (OL Coach for the Steelers)...who you got?

While neither are “wow” candidates, would like to see what Fangio could do with Miller and Chubb...hire an innovative OC and give him control to do as he pleases...upgrade the OL and secondary in the draft, ride Keenum one more year and get your qb in next year’s draft
Neither are splash hires but we weren't gonna get a rising star. Everyone knows Elway and Kubs are running the show. They just need a puppet to be the official head coach while they are running everything from behind the scenes. Keenum is as good as gone as soon as Joe Flacco hits the open market. Elway has been looking for a Flacco clone since he got to Denver, might as well go and get the real thing now that he's available. All Elway has ever wanted in a QB is a massive dude that can stretch the field vertically and is great off play action. Flacco is that in spades and he's got two potentially great zone running backs. Elway is close to getting the team built exactly how he wants it. It'll be really interesting to see if we have any success with it built that way in today's NFL.

Going to be interesting no matter who Denver hires. Just hope it works. Elway needs to get a quarterback. Not just any QB. A quarterback with winning experience and several more years of playing time. A QB like Joe Flacco!! Yep, I said/wrote it.
Flacco has been Elway's favorite QB for probably the last 5 years. Massive dude with a cannon arm to stretch the field and is great off play action. That's exactly why he drafted Osweiler and Lynch.

Kubiak is supposed to play a large part with the offense even though he may not be the OC. With that in mind I prefer Fangio so that we have a defense again. There's way too much talent on that side of the line to be as bad as we've been since Joseph got there.

As for Keenum he can't be released soon enough. One bad decision after another while missing wide open receivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheNewNU
Damn, both of those suck. I guess I'd rather have Fangio. Next year will be garbage anyway, might as well tank for Trevor. Losses for Lawrence. Two years of crap, fire the HC, draft Lawrence and hire the next McVey.

Foles is going to be out there to most likely. Strongest crop of free agent QB's in forever. Denver needs to get either Flaaco and Foles, if they don't, and instead ride Case for another year, they're basically saying we're going to totally suck and miss the playoffs next year.

Foles is going to be out there to most likely. Strongest crop of free agent QB's in forever. Denver needs to get either Flaaco and Foles, if they don't, and instead ride Case for another year, they're basically saying we're going to totally suck and miss the playoffs next year.
Which given the crop of draft eligible QBs next year, would not be the worst thing ever

Which given the crop of draft eligible QBs next year, would not be the worst thing ever

Are we sure any of the QB's coming out are as good as what is available in the free agent market right now? No, and rookie QB's never set the world on fire, usually takes a season or three, so the Broncos are going to suck next year, and at least one or two years after that. Screw that.

Fangio HC and Kubes OC. Looks like Trevor Lawrence might be a real possibility for us lol

Fangio HC and Kubes OC. Looks like Trevor Lawrence might be a real possibility for us lol

Lawrence isn't eligible for two more years.

Well crap - not a fan of the choice. Hope I'm wrong. Giving a guy his first head coach job at age 60 is surprising. If he were great HC material wouldn't the opportunity have come before? Or is Fangio thinking one last adventure.... An article, excerpt below, indicated that Elway wanted someone with more experience. The comment in the article that the most consistent coaches were older just irritates me. They aren't consistent because they are older - they are consistent because they are good and the potential in them was recognized when they were young.

I've been threatening not to renew my tickets for a couple years - this may be the straw.

"Munchak turns 59 in March. Elway turns 59 in June. They’ll never catch Fangio, who turns 61 in August.

For all the talk about the NFL moving toward the new-age offense and innovative young minds, the two most consistently successful head coaches are Bill Belichick, 66, and Pete Carroll, 67. Andy Reid, of the division rival Kansas City Chiefs, is 60."

Lawrence isn't eligible for two more years.

Well crap - not a fan of the choice. Hope I'm wrong. Giving a guy his first head coach job at age 60 is surprising. If he were great HC material wouldn't the opportunity have come before? Or is Fangio thinking one last adventure.... An article, excerpt below, indicated that Elway wanted someone with more experience. The comment in the article that the most consistent coaches were older just irritates me. They aren't consistent because they are older - they are consistent because they are good and the potential in them was recognized when they were young.

I've been threatening not to renew my tickets for a couple years - this may be the straw.

"Munchak turns 59 in March. Elway turns 59 in June. They’ll never catch Fangio, who turns 61 in August.

For all the talk about the NFL moving toward the new-age offense and innovative young minds, the two most consistently successful head coaches are Bill Belichick, 66, and Pete Carroll, 67. Andy Reid, of the division rival Kansas City Chiefs, is 60."

I know Trevor is not eligible for a few more years. Doesn't change a thing I said lol

Sad times ahead for us Broncos fans

I know Trevor is not eligible for a few more years. Doesn't change a thing I said lol

Sad times ahead for us Broncos fans

Nah mate, our defense is going to be punishing next year. Keenum is the type of guy you want on a defensive-minded team.

Someone who isn't going to have to put the world on his back, but isn't afraid to take necessary shots downfield.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT