ADVERTISEMENT

Britt McHenry

Grumpy Old Man Posting: While I worked in customer service for many years, I got to see many tirades like this. Even so, I don't see how this should even be a news story. The internet is the most amazing invention of my lifetime, but it has it's downside. Public shaming is out of control these days. Think about it this way - we've all had a moment (or several) in our lives we wish we could take back. What if these moments of yours were broadcast to the entire world? How would you deal with that weight?

Originally posted by c2o:

Originally posted by Husker.Wed.:
Not seeing a problem here. Remember when we were kids and exchanged Valentines? A box of 30 Valentines always had a couple bigger than the rest. Girls like Britt always got the big ones and their sacks of Valentines always ended up being significantly larger than the other girls'. Just one example of girls that look like her being treated specially since they were infants. She is probably usually a very nice person, but was just having a bad day, maybe even hormonal. Putting up with occasional meltdowns comes with the territory when you deal with beautiful women.
I always gave the big girls the big Valentines.
Worked out well.
Unfortunately, they usually got the Valentine with the elephant driving a car that said, "We Auto be Friends".

Originally posted by HuskerO:
While I see what you're asking Sparky it really doesn't matter what the front desk lady said back. You still be the bigger person and don't stoop to such nastiness.

I actually believe that Britt was provoked but the words that came out of her mouth was pretry low.
To an extent I agree. But there comes a point where you hold your ground and defend you honor. I know for years I've taken the high ground but there has also been a breaking point where you just say FU. Heck I did that a few months ago & banned myself for a week. I want to hear then entire tape before I make a judgement. And it's my understanding that they won't turn over the entire tape. Just the edited version. Again, I'm curious why the media hasn't released the entire version This has been very low key. Could it be that they aren't allowed to hear it all?

The fact that the tape got out tells you exactly what is wrong with that place. You figure it out.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by TheBeav815:
She's also not that fantastically hot. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but give me Sam Ponder every day of the week and twice on Sunday over this chick.

If peroxide blondes with giant foreheads are your thing, I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life. I mean look at that skull on her, that's a five-head.

She also strikes me as exactly the type of chick who regrets this incident the most not for how she acted, but because now millions of people are going to see her without her hair and makeup done.
if it's a woman and it's breathing, it's only a matter of time before lite shows up declaring her all 'hawt'
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by sparky62:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard what the attendant was saying. I can't make out anything. Why is that? Why hasn't the entire tape been released. How old do you think this tape is? How come media outlets can't have the entire tape?
Ask yourself these questions.
Allegedly the attendant was shopping the tape around for about 8-10 days before it came out.

While I see what you're asking Sparky it really doesn't matter what the front desk lady said back. You still be the bigger person and don't stoop to such nastiness.

I actually believe that Britt was provoked but the words that came out of her mouth was pretry low.
To an extent I agree. But there comes a point where you hold your ground and defend you honor. I know for years I've taken the high ground but there has also been a breaking point where you just say FU. Heck I did that a few months ago & banned myself for a week. I want to hear then entire tape before I make a judgement. And it's my understanding that they won't turn over the entire tape. Just the edited version. Again, I'm curious why the media hasn't released the entire version This has been very low key. Could it be that they aren't allowed to hear it all?
"banned myself for a week" LMAO that's great.

Originally posted by suhnami:

"banned myself for a week" LMAO that's great.
Ya, to this day I still crack up when I think about it. Probably the best come back I ever had.
roll.r191677.gif

She does not deserve to lose her job over this, but who would be surprised if she did? Not me. But man that would seem like a harsh punishment for something she will already never live down. I hate to see people's livelihoods affected by what amounts to a pretty harmless action. After hearing more about how the tape was edited and shopped no less, I just don't see how tossing her overboard is in anyone's best interest.

If she gets fired she'll just join the other smoke shows over at fox sports.

Sounds like that tow company is rather shady. A guy ran into a some store and they had his car up ready to tow it away with his kids still in the car. There are a bunch of stories like that about this company.

Had she just made remarks about the towing company and their shady practices I would have no problem with her going off on them-- but that's only if her complaints were legitimate (who knows). But when you are in the public eye and you decide to go personal like that and make those comments, too bad. If I were her boss I would fire her. How does she appear on tv any more as a credible reporter? She can't. Time to let her go. Let's face it-- her looks got her there anyway, as is the case with 90+% of the female reporters.

Originally posted by nwualum:
How does she appear on tv any more as a credible reporter? She can't. Time to let her go.

Yeah ummmm, she was never a credible reporter. She was a smoking hawt chic ESPN knew men would watch. They nailed it.

Firing her over this would be beyond over sensitive. Gosh people want to toss others overboard pretty fast these days. Not a lot of tolerance for mistakes by some folks. I wonder what we'd find on some of these people's computers or cell phone records or credit card statements. Seems like the Internet has brought about a whole new crop of perfect people.

To an extent I agree. But there comes a point where you hold your ground and defend you honor. I want to hear then entire tape before I make a judgement. And it's my understanding that they won't turn over the entire tape. Just the edited version. Again, I'm curious why the media hasn't released the entire version This has been very low key. Could it be that they aren't allowed to hear it all?
I hear ya. I'm all about standing your ground and defending your honor (aka taking no shit from anyone), but there's a right and wrong way to go about that and I feel Britt went completely the wrong way.

It'd be nice to get an unedited version of the tape, but no matter what the clerk said Britt is still in the wrong. All the unedited tape would do is determine if Britt was in the wrong along with the clerk or still in the wrong by herself.

photo3.jpg

Now that we have the new forum it's time to get some pics in these posts.

She was verbally warned...the gal behind the desk was upfront about it. Let's not make this out to be some sneak attack on poor Brit.

She was verbally warned...the gal behind the desk was upfront about it. Let's not make this out to be some sneak attack on poor Brit.
Absolutely she was warned, and she should have risen above...

But it does sound pretty shady that the video was edited and shopped around for several days. She still has to face the music, if there is any music to face, but it sounds like the towing company is beginning to get some egg on their face as well...

She may be hot on the outside, but inside she is an ugly, ugly person.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Yep. That's pretty common. Not excusing her by any means, she's a mean and small human being... but when girls are told over and over again how beautiful they are and society treats beautiful women special. Well, some people are not big enough to handle it, and they become what they become. It appears to me that Brit McHenry still has the emotional maturity of a middle schooler and still acts like one.

Who the heck is looking at her nose? More importantly, who the heck cares about her nose?

I'm weird like that. I generally don't like plastic surgery on a woman at all. It's one thing if she had a total eagle beak and had it worked down to a more "average" nose. But chicks with a normal nose who try to look like Tinkerbell creep me out.

She has that appearance of somebody who is obsessed with her looks and is constantly trying to do something more. Lighter shade of hair, lose another 5 pounds, whiten her teeth more, get her nose done, get botox, etc. She looks like she's had the rhinoplasty and botox for sure.

It's not a guarantee, but can often be an indicator of severe image and insecurity issues that go hand-in-hand with a chick being about two bucketfuls of crazy. Body dysmorphic disorder is no joke.

Don't be surprised if another 10+ years go by and she looks like Joan Rivers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT