ADVERTISEMENT

Britt McHenry

I am offended!!!!! Oh wait, this is meaningless and has nothing to do with anybody who is complaining.... carry on America!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by HuskerNinja:
In fairness to her, the Yelp reviews of the towing company are delightful. What a cluster.
Even with the towing companies terrible reviews it's not the front desk lady's fault and didn't deserve that verbal assault. Be mad at the company, not at the lady just doing her job.

Britt is only sorry because the video go out. If it wasn't out on youtube or if ESPN didn't see this I doubt she'd release an apology.

This post was edited on 4/16 11:42 PM by HuskerO

Originally posted by BetterRed:

This is a good example, and lesson, that if you're any kind of public figure, you need to watch what you do and say. With cameras so prevalent as they are, you're going to get exposed for anything.
Or don't be a terrible person.

There are legitimate reasons for being mad, but never legitimate reasons for being rude.

Ha...she sounds like most of us posters on message boards when we are in a "fight" with another poster.

This post was edited on 4/17 6:38 AM by JohnRossEwing

We should start using "McHenry" as a term around here...when some posters go off on each other for no reason.

"Man, you are being such a McHenry"

Originally posted by JohnRossEwing:
We should start using "McHenry" as a term around here...when some posters go off on each other for no reason.

Only problem with that is she is smoking hawt. I suspect most if the internet badass's around here are the polar opposite, plus their dudes. I don't like this idea, not at all.

Originally posted by litespeedhuskerfan:
Originally posted by JohnRossEwing:

Only problem with that is she is smoking hawt. I suspect most if the internet badass's around here are the polar opposite, plus their dudes. I don't like this idea, not at all.
Ha! I agree, she is a smokeshow!

yep, same ol' story with people of her mindset. she's only "sorry" because the video went viral.

I'm betting she was humbled quite a bit by this and she may pay for it with her job. My guess is, she will no longer be the same person and learned a valuable and very expensive lesson. At least I hope so.

Originally posted by kaz36:
Doubtful as she was only suspended for a week.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
I am wondering if they are doing that to gauge public reaction. If there's enough outrage, I think they will toss her over board. Statement will read something like this..."After gathering all facts and conducting our own internal investigation, blah, blah blah, we have decided to part ways with Mrs. McHenry"

Originally posted by WestCoastCornhusker:

what a spoiled brat.
Typical for the new mellinials, no morals, no sense of right or wrong, just entitled to entitlement.
Yep. It's just those darn millennial. Those kids and their indie rock & EDM music. Get off my lawn!

Originally posted by WestCoastCornhusker:
what a spoiled brat.
Typical for the new mellinials, no morals, no sense of right or wrong, just entitled to entitlement.
In my experience when I was working service jobs, it was always older people who were the rude ones. I can't recall a time when I got any crap from anyone my age.

IMO every generation has its bright spots and its a-holes. I promise if you watched a week's worth of footage from that towing company's camera, you'd see hours of tirades like this from people of all ages.

She's also not that fantastically hot. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but give me Sam Ponder every day of the week and twice on Sunday over this chick.

If peroxide blondes with giant foreheads are your thing, I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life. I mean look at that skull on her, that's a five-head.

She also strikes me as exactly the type of chick who regrets this incident the most not for how she acted, but because now millions of people are going to see her without her hair and makeup done.

The thing that gets me is that the worker told her she was being recorded and would put the video out....and she still proceeded to act like a b----. I guess all that education didn't teach her common sense.

Originally posted by TheBeav815:
I promise if you watched a week's worth of footage from that towing company's camera, you'd see hours of tirades like this from people of all ages.
I must disagree. No doubt you would see plenty of pissed off people, dropping f bombs, but her numerous personal insults directed at the employee is what makes her a unique bitch. I don't think most people go that far.

Originally posted by Lincoln100:
I promise if you watched a week's worth of footage from that towing company's camera, you'd see hours of tirades like this from people of all ages.
I must disagree. No doubt you would see plenty of pissed off people, dropping f bombs, but her numerous personal insults directed at the employee is what makes her a unique bitch. I don't think most people go that far.
Well everyone is going to have their own style, but I would just about promise that every person working the desk at a tow lot gets ripped on every day.

I can't find the clip, but the show Crowd Control did one where they painted the tow lot's office pink to see if it reduced the angry behavior from the "customers." It did, and it was pretty interesting.

Originally posted by BetterRed:

This is a good example, and lesson, that if you're any kind of public figure, you need to watch what you do and say. With cameras so prevalent as they are, you're going to get exposed for anything.
Only if you're a public figure? This is just a good example of poor behavior. I just don't understand peoples' need to be rude and insulting. The lady behind the desk had just as much motive to unleash on this woman, but she managed to restrain herself.

Arrogance and ...her Sh** don't stink... was her message, not out rage over the tow bill

She's also not that fantastically hot. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but give me Sam Ponder every day of the week and twice on Sunday over this chick.

If peroxide blondes with giant foreheads are your thing, I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life. I mean look at that skull on her, that's a five-head.

She also strikes me as exactly the type of chick who regrets this incident the most not for how she acted, but because now millions of people are going to see her without her hair and makeup done.

ponder_zpswjysbfrf.jpg

mchenry_zpszcovg36w.png

Yeah, there is such a huge difference between the two.
confused0024.r191677.gif

Originally posted by suhnami:
predatory tow truck companies are scum.
Yep. The lowest of the low.

But she acted like an idiot and got exposed for it. She deserves the grief she is taking just for being so damn dumb. If you are in her position, you have to assume that everyone has a camera on.....at all times.

Regarding the yelp comments.....lol. Tow companies in areas like Chicago, NY, LA, etc... are absolute garbage and if you don't spend significant time in a metro area with very little parking, you wont understand her fury. Yelp comments don't apply to those guys.

Not seeing a problem here. Remember when we were kids and exchanged Valentines? A box of 30 Valentines always had a couple bigger than the rest. Girls like Britt always got the big ones and their sacks of Valentines always ended up being significantly larger than the other girls'. Just one example of girls that look like her being treated specially since they were infants. She is probably usually a very nice person, but was just having a bad day, maybe even hormonal. Putting up with occasional meltdowns comes with the territory when you deal with beautiful women.

Originally posted by Husker.Wed.:
Not seeing a problem here. Remember when we were kids and exchanged Valentines? A box of 30 Valentines always had a couple bigger than the rest. Girls like Britt always got the big ones and their sacks of Valentines always ended up being significantly larger than the other girls'. Just one example of girls that look like her being treated specially since they were infants. She is probably usually a very nice person, but was just having a bad day, maybe even hormonal. Putting up with occasional meltdowns comes with the territory when you deal with beautiful women.
Weird analogy, but Ok. When a person is put under strain or stress, their true self comes out. She was exposed for having a pretty ugly side to her personality. Here halfassed apology was more evidence of her shallow nature. She should have apologized to the person she tore to shreds but she didn't.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard what the attendant was saying. I can't make out anything. Why is that? Why hasn't the entire tape been released. How old do you think this tape is? How come media outlets can't have the entire tape?
Ask yourself these questions.

While I see what you're asking Sparky it really doesn't matter what the front desk lady said back. You still be the bigger person and don't stoop to such nastiness.

I actually believe that Britt was provoked but the words that came out of her mouth was pretry low.

No.
You do not treat people like that.
It's not right.
The first thing we teach our kids is to treat people like you want to be treated.
Somebody needs to tell her.

Originally posted by c2o:
No.
It's not right.
The first thing we teach our kids is to treat people like you want to be treated.
Agree 100%...but have you read this board on a daily basis its personal attacks followed by more personal attacks....the inability to converse in a respectful manner is embarrassing

Originally posted by mwulf:

Originally posted by c2o:
No.
It's not right.
Agree 100%...but have you read this board on a daily basis its personal attacks followed by more personal attacks....the inability to converse in a respectful manner is embarrassing
I read it on a daily basis.
I don't get offended by generalizations.
All is good. People will always disagree.
Its human nature.

Originally posted by Husker.Wed.:
I always gave the big girls the big Valentines.
Worked out well.

ADVERTISEMENT