ADVERTISEMENT

Brace yourselves ...

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
for all kinds of fake rumors and posts coming from trolls about the search for a new coach. Fans are in such a desperate state looking for clues that they are very vulnerable to these rumors. Happens every time there's a search for a new football coach so we should be getting used to it by now.

The reality is that Trev himself will be feeding some of the rumors. He clearly stated he's going to be meeting with many people (including current coaches) to ask them for their advice and feedback during the search. Doesn't mean those people are candidates themselves.

for all kinds of fake rumors and posts coming from trolls about the search for a new coach. Fans are in such a desperate state looking for clues that they are very vulnerable to these rumors. Happens every time there's a search for a new football coach so we should be getting used to it by now.

The reality is that Trev himself will be feeding some of the rumors. He clearly stated he's going to be meeting with many people (including current coaches) to ask them for their advice and feedback during the search. Doesn't mean those people are candidates themselves.
Thanks Captain obvious!

I’ve already heard one of his first calls was to Barry Alvarez..

holdon-toyourbutts.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerHusaria

and this is not going to happen for months. Every media outlet in sports will be writing things they have a "source" for. Then fans will believe the one they hear the most. Right now its Campbell because the sports media has been telling everyone he is going to be hired by a bigger school the last 5 years. But yet he sits, where he belongs, at ISU.

I still think with his NFL background that there is an opportunity for someone with a pro background to get the head job.

Good reminder.

Trev better get this right or we're gonna continue to suck for next 4-5 yrs.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Yes, for sure it's obvious, BUT even so pay attention to how many people still fall for those troll posts.
I agree, we will people falling for the SatTv installation rumors and the house hunting rumors, I was kind off just playing with you a little nothing personal.

I am braced.

Has anyone heard from Juan Dixon?

Reactions: woodman79

I think it was wise for Trev to point this out-all the rumors about turned down offers etc hurt the cause. By discussing it in advance he dispels any rumors as true and warns the Husker faithful to be patient and wait for it. As he said, you cannot do this without leaks and the conclusions from those leaks are often false. It is going to be a hot board topic for three months.

Reactions: IM4NUalways
What's actually obvious is that Mickey Joseph is the head coach. The position is actually filled, unless things continue to deteriorate, which I do not expect to happen.

Reactions: InMotion
One of the biggest problems is that we will most likely go after a guy that is coaching another team right now. So, what can be announced in the next 10 weeks? Not much probably. But since leaks happen, it might be one of those things where they announce they get a Leipold or someone but that he will finish out the regular season with the team before becoming Nebraskas coach. Doubt we hear anything real in the next 8 weeks but who knows.

I remember the search for an AD before Trev. Names flying all over, lots of speculation. Then out of nowhere it was Moos! Crickets, not a single person had a clue.

I personally don't spend any time on the new coach hire. That is what Trev gets paid the big bucks to do.

Last edited:
What's actually obvious is that Mickey Joseph is the head coach. The position is actually filled, unless things continue to deteriorate, which I do not expect to happen.
I think its Mickey's job to lose.

The dude can reel in the talent, and when he goes recruiting and HE IS THE MAN, it's no longer a case of "I'll have to get to the head coach to make sure you're offered."

It looks like Applewhite was a helluva hire, and bring AJ along is gonna make him look even better. He might have worked Grant a bit too much last weekend though. But, tell me one stud RB who doesn't doesn't want to pack the ball 24-25 times a game?

I'm satisfied with Whip as OC. Seems like he and Mickey hit it off pretty well.

I see the OL making progress and as I mentioned in another thread, had Cam returned and Nouili not did his thing, this OL would be a really solid line.

Defensively, that's another story. But, bring in a top flight DC and maybe a change at LB and hit that portal really hard and NU could project upward fairly quick.

I think Trev will evaluate Mickey on his abiity to get these kids to play hard, every week. Are they up and down, can they string a couple wins together, a lot of questions that went unanswered under Frost.

At least since Trev pulled the trigger on Frost, us fans can take a personal look at what we see without the support OR baggage we all had after 4+ years of what we have been exposed to.

I just wanna see a great effort every week. We all know the defense is gonna make it hard to win every week. It's obvious NU will have to win some high scoring games in order to collect a few W's.

When they get to the Wiscy, Iowa type games, hopefully NU can make those less stellar teams run 8-10 play drives to score.

NU reminds me a bit of the first year of Bob Stoops at OU. Coming off several bad seasons, played good teams really tough even though they were all high scoring games due to OU being bad on defense.

hey were losing 28-25, 31-24 and getting better every week, just couldn't get over the top.

The OU kids had forgotten how to win.

Next year, OU was real good on offense, and GREAT on defense. Good enough to hold FSU to 2 points in the national title game. Heupel got it done with a controlled passing game and a good running attack. On defense, OU played every possession like the game was on the line.

That's a turnaround.

I remember in '83 NU stunk on defense. The next year, with almost the exact same kids NU was the #1 defense in the country. It can happen.

I majored in wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: 54T and NikkiSixx
I think its Mickey's job to lose.

The dude can reel in the talent, and when he goes recruiting and HE IS THE MAN, it's no longer a case of "I'll have to get to the head coach to make sure you're offered."

It looks like Applewhite was a helluva hire, and bring AJ along is gonna make him look even better. He might have worked Grant a bit too much last weekend though. But, tell me one stud RB who doesn't doesn't want to pack the ball 24-25 times a game?

I'm satisfied with Whip as OC. Seems like he and Mickey hit it off pretty well.

I see the OL making progress and as I mentioned in another thread, had Cam returned and Nouili not did his thing, this OL would be a really solid line.

Defensively, that's another story. But, bring in a top flight DC and maybe a change at LB and hit that portal really hard and NU could project upward fairly quick.

I think Trev will evaluate Mickey on his abiity to get these kids to play hard, every week. Are they up and down, can they string a couple wins together, a lot of questions that went unanswered under Frost.

At least since Trev pulled the trigger on Frost, us fans can take a personal look at what we see without the support OR baggage we all had after 4+ years of what we have been exposed to.

I just wanna see a great effort every week. We all know the defense is gonna make it hard to win every week. It's obvious NU will have to win some high scoring games in order to collect a few W's.

When they get to the Wiscy, Iowa type games, hopefully NU can make those less stellar teams run 8-10 play drives to score.

NU reminds me a bit of the first year of Bob Stoops at OU. Coming off several bad seasons, played good teams really tough even though they were all high scoring games due to OU being bad on defense.

hey were losing 28-25, 31-24 and getting better every week, just couldn't get over the top.

The OU kids had forgotten how to win.

Next year, OU was real good on offense, and GREAT on defense. Good enough to hold FSU to 2 points in the national title game. Heupel got it done with a controlled passing game and a good running attack. On defense, OU played every possession like the game was on the line.

That's a turnaround.

I remember in '83 NU stunk on defense. The next year, with almost the exact same kids NU was the #1 defense in the country. It can happen.

I majored in wishful thinking.
During the PC it sure sounded like MJ was just kind of an afterthought or placeholder more than an actual candidate. I think he’ll have to prove himself worthy of being considered.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
During the PC it sure sounded like MJ was just kind of an afterthought or placeholder more than an actual candidate. I think he’ll have to prove himself worthy of being considered.
Absolutely agree. None of us would want Mickey to be given the job unless he can prove he is the right guy.

Of course, as the AD you can't tell the audience that its Mickey's job to lose....
sorry, flashed back to somebody's comment about our current QB.

I remember the search for an AD before Trev. Names flying all over, lots of speculation. Then out of nowhere it was Moos! Crickets, not a single person had a clue.

I personally don't spend any time on the new coach hire. That is what Trev gets paid the bug bucks to do.
Bugs are awful.

Fake rumors/posts happen all the time on this site…nothing unexpected.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Unless he goes 9-0, he’s not getting hired IMO

So you're saying it's Tressell?

Reactions: leodisflowers
Absolutely agree. None of us would want Mickey to be given the job unless he can prove he is the right guy.

Of course, as the AD you can't tell the audience that its Mickey's job to lose....
sorry, flashed back to somebody's comment about our current QB.
It would go a long ways toward improving racial diversity for the University to hire a black head coach vs using one as a token during the interim.

You all remember the disrespect shown Turner Gill during his time.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT