ADVERTISEMENT

Bounds wants the 90s back "why not"

That only works if you've won the lottery before already or have woken up with Jennifer Aniston before.

I want to attain something that's not a far stretch that once happened before. Why not?

Tom Osborne attained those things. Unless you are bringing that old man out of retirement .......again. Don't talk to me about what has been attained

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
I just dont understand why anybody wouldnt want to be a winner year in and year out? Thats our GOAL. AIM for it. Set goals to obtain it. Your not entitled to it but without aiming for the best you get what you shoot for.

Some of you I would not want to work for me, you have such a defeatist attitude. Never settle. Do everything the best you can and expect those around you to do the same.

Amen brother!

Tom Osborne attained those things. Unless you are bringing that old man out of retirement .......again. Don't talk to me about what has been attained

This program was great prior to Osborne taking over. It was great with Osborne at the helm. It's not out of the realm of possibility to bring someone in here that can win the conference every once in a while.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
This program was great prior to Osborne taking over. It was great with Osborne at the helm. It's not out of the realm of possibility to bring someone in here that can win the conference every once in a while.
They won nothing when he was AD. He was a great coach, however. One of the best to ever put on a headset.

Reactions: Minn1954
For those of you who didn't like Bounds's (and Green's) answer - how would you have preferred them to respond?

What would you have offered as an example of when Nebraska athletics were last "competitive?"

I know you will. 10 years from now you'll be blaming Bo, a guy that won at a much better clip than your savior. This is what happens when you hire an average coach to do an above average job!
But Frost is ok, right?

I know you will. 10 years from now you'll be blaming Bo, a guy that won at a much better clip than your savior. This is what happens when you hire an average coach to do an above average job!

So what does that say about Osborne? He hired Miles and Pelini. works both ways. He hired below average basketball coach and average football coach, twice

No it won't. You are smarter than that. well prepared and well coached works until they are only winning 9 per. then it wont be enough.
I think Bo would still be here if it was not for his personality and meltdowns. If Frost or any other coach comes in here and wins 9 games a year I don’t see him being fired. Sure...eventually fans will want a title. But, this isn’t fans ticked off that we haven’t won a title yet. The product on the field right now is not good...hell, most expected what..8 wins this year? Still out there but they have giving us little to think we can get there at this point.

So what does that say about Osborne? He hired Miles and Pelini. works both ways. He hired below average basketball coach and average football coach, twice
Pelini was average? He took a losing program out of the dumps. Riley is a career .500 coach. That is average. I hope it's not the new average at NU. How many football coaches did Osborne hire?

Eichorst couldn't hold a candle to what Osborne did. What did Eichorst do? Osborne got the new basketball arena built and he got the Devaney Center set up for volleyball. Got new facilities built for basketball, wrestling, and volleyball. He also helped get us into the B1G.

All you Riley lovers must now admit the experiment didn't work. Anyone not blinded by hatred of Bo could see this experiment was doomed from the beginning!

No matter who is at fault in the past the responsibility for present results lay with the current AD. Oh TO hired Pelini and Miles so Eichorst deserves to hire Riley and keep Miles

The simple fact is our athletics are not competitive not in football and not overall - what would you guys have done by the University just look the other way and hope it changes

No matter who is at fault in the past the responsibility for present results lay with the current AD. Oh TO hired Pelini and Miles so Eichorst deserves to hire Riley and keep Miles

The simple fact is our athletics are not competitive not in football and not overall - what would you guys have done by the University just look the other way and hope it changes

You need to keep your little boner away from me. You spend too much time trying to catch me in something and most of the time are misunderstanding the point. Secondly read the comments that I am replying to

Last edited:
You need to keep your little boner away from me. You spend too much time trying to catch me in something and most of the time are misunderstanding the point. Secondly read the comments that I am replying to
settle down little guy - must suck your only ally today is 4.6.3, but no problem last response to you - in fact it is preferable

Unfortunately, it will be most like 1990-92 than 93-99.

Unfortunately?!
1990 Nebraska: 9-3, losses to co-national champions, Colorado and Georgia Tech, Final ranking #17
1991 Nebraska: 9-2-1, losses to co-national champions Washington and Miami, Final ranking #16
1992 Nebraska: 9-3, losses to #2 Washington and #3 Florida State, Final ranking #14
I will take the results from Nebraska 1990-1992 in a New York minute.

Reactions: SOHusker11

Over 7 seasons, Pelini won at a .713 clip. This is a winning percentage of a well above average coach.
Fact: Bo Pelini is a very good football coach, but a failure as a head coach of a major college football program.

Unfortunately?!
1990 Nebraska: 9-3, losses to co-national champions, Colorado and Georgia Tech, Final ranking #17
1991 Nebraska: 9-2-1, losses to co-national champions Washington and Miami, Final ranking #16
1992 Nebraska: 9-3, losses to #2 Washington and #3 Florida State, Final ranking #14
I will take the results from Nebraska 1990-1992 in a New York minute.

We were outclassed big time every time we faced a team with speed on defense. Had Boston College not beat Notre Dame on a last second field goal in 1993, one loss FSU and Notre Dame would be playing for the national championship ahead of an undefeated NU. We were considered a has been program, unable to compete with the Florida teams, and it was true.

We were outclassed big time every time we faced a team with speed on defense. Had Boston College not beat Notre Dame on a last second field goal in 1993, one loss FSU and Notre Dame would be playing for the national championship ahead of an undefeated NU. We were considered a has been program, unable to compete with the Florida teams, and it was true.

The original poster stated that going back to the results of the years 1990-1992 would be an unfortunate thing, so the year 1993 is not relevant in this discussion.

Reactions: Morgan747
The original poster stated that going back to the results of the years 1990-1992 would be an unfortunate thing, so the year 1993 is not relevant in this discussion.

I'd say getting shut out of the NC game for a one loss team while going undefeated because of the performance of your team the previous 3 years is relevant. Anyway, after rewatching the 1992 Orange Bowl, I'd forgotten how outclassed we were in that game. We looked like a bunch of high schoolers playing the '78 Steelers.

At least Rivals archives posts now..... this ought to be entertaining at least. Let's just hope they win 3 titles in their first 4 years. That's the "Nebraska way"

Lets start by not going 1-2 to start two of their first three seasons and losing to Illinois, Purdue and Northern Illinois. I don't think we should measure MR's success on what he didn't achieve but what he is achieving. This is one ugly body of works right now.

Reactions: Morgan747
I'd say getting shut out of the NC game for a one loss team while going undefeated because of the performance of your team the previous 3 years is relevant. Anyway, after rewatching the 1992 Orange Bowl, I'd forgotten how outclassed we were in that game. We looked like a bunch of high schoolers playing the '78 Steelers.

Stonesak, what don't you understand? The original poster stated it would be unfortunate if we had to return to the results of the 1990-1992 Nebraska teams and I posted that those teams finished with a collective record of 27 wins, 8 losses and 1 tie and ranked in both the preseason and postseason polls. Do you disagree with these facts? Wouldn't you like to return to these results?
If you would like to discuss Nebraska football outside of what the original poster stated, start a new thread, but I am quite certain that I have forgotten more about Nebraska football than you have ever known.
I only deal with facts, not speculation or "national perception".

408. Big Ten title game against a 7-5 Wisconsin team. 62-3. 40-10. NIU. Southern Miss....hell, I'll just stop there. I would take 90-92 all day at this point.

Over 7 seasons, Pelini won at a .713 clip. This is a winning percentage of a well above average coach.
Fact: Bo Pelini is a very good football coach, but a failure as a head coach of a major college football program.

What's his record against ranked teams?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT