ADVERTISEMENT

BOOM

No worries. Thanks for the run down of my family. ;) I’ve been part of his side since I was in 6th grade 22 years ago. Essentially, his entire family lives in Tabor where my wife and I have settled down. So we are all close. I had to work tonight so I missed the family get together where he announced.

As far as his recruitment, it started with some interest from Iowa last year. Then Nebraska and ISU quickly offered. I’m not sure what happened with ISU as it seemed they were his favorite up until a couple months ago. Not sure how that relationship ended. Frost visited the school and my dad (complete Husker hater) said he couldn’t have been nicer. Great with the young kids and took the time to visit with everyone of them.

As far as Iowa, Kirk and the LB coach randomly visited before Corona and my aunt said it was kind of awkward because communication had been non existent for a while. The hope was that an offer was coming but I knew better. They had already filled their LB slots.

Wiltfong put in his crystal ball a month ago or so so I asked my aunt. She said he hadn’t talked much about it lately so even her and my uncle didn’t really know. Or atleast they weren’t gonna ruin the surprise if he knew. I do know he and his mom went to Manhattan on Thursday to check out the town again since you can’t meet with coaches. Must have wanted to triple check that Lincoln is where he wanted to call home.

Seth speaks softly but carries a big stick. He is fearless and athletic. His dad played football at Peru State and his mom played Volleyball. He is one of 3 boys so he has to be tough. My half brother is his age and a big boy so there are some good wrestling matches at the family pool. You guys will like his toughness.

All in all I’m super happy for him. Can’t wait to watch him perform in Memorial Stadium. Whether I wear red or not is still up in the air. ;)
you can p/u a tee shirt at kmart pretty cheep

Sorry JMO this is more of a "Puff" than a "Boom". Hope I am proved wrong but looks to me like we are getting plan C and plan D players.

Sorry JMO this is more of a "Puff" than a "Boom". Hope I am proved wrong but looks to me like we are getting plan C and plan D players.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I'm not sure I agree. This one isn't super high rated, but he is a mid 3-star with some decent offers and we have been recruiting him hard for a while. I would be curious to hear who else you feel are plan C and D type players? Do you view guys like Payton and Hardy the same way?

Reactions: SWIowahawks
You are entitled to your opinion, but I'm not sure I agree. This one isn't super high rated, but he is a mid 3-star with some decent offers and we have been recruiting him hard for a while. I would be curious to hear who else you feel are plan C and D type players? Do you view guys like Payton and Hardy the same way?

I'm excited as any to have this kid...but the sentiment on this board for the last 20 years or so hasn't really been "the only thing stand between us and Bama is 8-man football offers".

There are obviously going to be folks here that appreciate the sentiment of getting radius kids, but aren't thrilled by the odds they bloom into the caliber of player we need.

I'm excited as any to have this kid...but the sentiment on this board for the last 20 years or so hasn't really been "the only thing stand between us and Bama is 8-man football offers".

There are obviously going to be folks here that appreciate the sentiment of getting radius kids, but aren't thrilled by the odds they bloom into the caliber of player we need.

I think I am in the group re your 2nd paragraph. We are taking a small class and I was hoping we could be a little more picky.

I love the radius kids. This one is fairly close about 1.5 hours away from Lincoln. Has offers from 3 other local B5 programs in Kansas State, Iowas State and Minnesota. Solid pickup all around. I am sure being from a smaller school he will work very hard. Part of the trick of recruiting is to be able to project and see talent no matter what level. In a few years we will find out how good they are at evaluating talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT