ADVERTISEMENT

Boom, Bang, Bomb

Nebraska is not USC and isn't going to fill the recruiting ranks with guys competing for jobs as true freshman. Frankly, if that is the case, we are not developing properly. I would rather see a kid redshirt, even if he is a stud, because that means upperclassman are so far ahead of him he isn't going to make an impact. We should be winning with Jrs. and Srs.
That isn't happening either, our upper classman, make up the diamond in the rough mold. I not saying we are USC, Ohio State or Alabama for that matter, but to compete with teams like them we need to recruit better players and if you guys keep saying poor coaching then we need better jimmies and joes.

That isn't happening either, our upper classman, make up the diamond in the rough mold. I not saying we are USC, Ohio State or Alabama for that matter, but to compete with teams like them we need to recruit better players and if you guys keep saying poor coaching then we need better jimmies and joes.
That attitude of "We can't ever be (insert school here) needs to go and die somewhere. There's a new list every 5 years of mediocre programs suddenly making hay in recruiting while we mope around here acting like Nebraska has nothing to offer a college athlete.

I am sorry, but we need better recruits than this, if we look to compete for championships. I know that sounds negative, but every recruit cant be a project. We need recruits to come in and make instant impact, whether a juco or an recruit like Parsons.
This is dumb.
Watch his film. He's deserving and a good get.
We can get Parsons too

It would seem the kid is smart. Have to qualify to get admitted to an Ivy in order to receive a scholarship offer.
What? There are no athletic scholarships at Ivy League schools. There are athletic preference lists. Let's just say the average SAT of the football team is quite a bit lower than that of the rest of the school. Don't ask me how I know...cough, cough...Tom...cough.

Wow we beat out all of those D2 schools!?!?

Yep dont count his offers from Wisconsin and Utah...oh, and the kid is VERY smart, could have gone almost anywhere in the Ivy League including Harvard and Yale

Nice get and Bray/Diaco still working Parsons,Redmond, Calvert in addition for CAT along with Alston

Yeah...the last top player we pulled out ot MN has been....really freaking good.
I still can't get over that FRANK didn't get Ken Spaeth's kid Matt out of MInnesota. Legacy tight end who has played a loooong time now for the Steelers. Don't know if we even offered him. I had classes with his dad at NU. Great guy.

That attitude of "We can't ever be (insert school here) needs to go and die somewhere. There's a new list every 5 years of mediocre programs suddenly making hay in recruiting while we mope around here acting like Nebraska has nothing to offer a college athlete.
I didn't say we couldn't get to that level once again, but we need a huge influx of top flight talent. Maybe its the current coaching staff or location, but seems Ped St got it turn around pretty darn quick along with Michigan

I didn't say we couldn't get to that level once again, but we need a huge influx of top flight talent. Maybe its the current coaching staff or location, but seems Ped St got it turn around pretty darn quick along with Michigan
Funny how that works, isn't it? Lots of other schools seem to be able to launch into the top 15 in a year or two, but NU fans keep saying the only way is to make classes that are 80% diamonds in the rough.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Funny how that works, isn't it? Lots of other schools seem to be able to launch into the top 15 in a year or two, but NU fans keep saying the only way is to make classes that are 80% diamonds in the rough.
Come on, man, really? 80%? Seriously, you made your point before, which I was fine with, but this kind of hyperbole is silly.

After all the "we need to be like Wisconsin" posts, you'd think we'd be happier about getting a kid they wanted.
We need to recruit better than Wisconsin. By a lot. I haven't seen anything to suggest that if we recruit just like them we're gonna out coach or out execute them.

Fun fact, I saw a breakdown that actually for the starting 22, NUs talent ranking is higher than UW heading into Saturday.

We need to recruit better than Wisconsin. By a lot. I haven't seen anything to suggest that if we recruit just like them we're gonna out coach or out execute them.

Fun fact, I saw a breakdown that actually for the starting 22, NUs talent ranking is higher than UW heading into Saturday.

So we need to be like them in development

Reactions: huskerfan1414
A kid like this is a welcome addition guys, he's athletic, he's local, he has good upside. I think Riley is a pretty good talent evaluator and recruiter. It might be his strongest quality and save his freakin job.

Welcome aboard! GBR

Penn State, like tOSU, will ALWAYS benefit from recruiting dominance in a region (the NE).

Nebraska will always have to rely on projects that, if developed properly, blossom into great players. The key is spotting the right guys, and giving them proper time to get there. GBR

Wisconsin and Utah are not big time schools. We recruit better than both on the norm. Overlook it all you. Then you will be pissed when a kid can't tackle or can't rush the passer against quality schools.

We need better recruits with a class this small. No. I don't trust anyone to be developed at this point.

Wisconsin and Utah are not big time schools. We recruit better than both on the norm. Overlook it all you. Then you will be pissed when a kid can't tackle or can't rush the passer against quality schools.

We need better recruits with a class this small. No. I don't trust anyone to be developed at this point.

You don't? This kid is projected to be a 3-4 LB that can put is hand in the ground and rush off the egde.

Bray/JP. Yes. I trust he can be developed well by those two coaches.

Wisconsin throws out offers like candy in case they decide they want you. If they don't want you, they say, 'We're not ready to accept your commitment right now." Started under Beilima and they've been doing it for years.

You don't? This kid is projected to be a 3-4 LB that can put is hand in the ground and rush off the egde.

Bray/JP. Yes. I trust he can be developed well by those two coaches.

I'm in wait and see mode. We have 4 star players that look like they should be in D2 right now.

Welcome young man!

I also think he's developmental, as in breaking open this weekends recruiting dam!

200w.gif

Reactions: HuskerO and WHCSC
that's right not every recruit can be a project

What about OL and DL or pass rushers who need to gain 20-30lbs in order to be effective at the next level? Can they be projects? Or do we just pull recruits out of a genie lamp or pour some magical potion on them to make them what they can become? Christ

Who is saying that? We are excited for a kid that a possible 'diamond in the rough' when (not including kickers) half of our class is 4* or above. And 80% of our class is a 5.7 or above. It seems like you have your averages flipped.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/lowell-lotulelei-dt-utah-2017-nfl-draft-scouting-report-011217

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Lotulelei

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/10/12/nfl-draft-tj-watt-wisconsin-jj-watt-brother

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT