ADVERTISEMENT

Bill O’Brien

main-qimg-837049129ce111ab03813f927d83e720
do you honestly not understand that these two things:

college to NFL
NFL to college

are different?

because you sure seem deeply confused by your own argument.

do you honestly not understand that these two things:

college to NFL
NFL to college

are different?

because you sure seem deeply confused by your own argument.
What in the world are you babbling about now?

Ok let’s just look at NFL to college.
Guys that sucked in NFL, then won a championship in college:
- Nick Saban
- Pete Carroll
- Hotlz

NFL coaches that won a Super Bowl then went to ncaa and won a title:
Zero !

None..

Did that go as you planned Kong? Good God man take your brain medicine . This is very embarrassing for you.

What in the world are you babbling about now?

Ok let’s just look at NFL to college.
Guys that sucked in NFL, then won a championship in college:
- Nick Saban
- Pete Carroll
- Hotlz

NFL coaches that won a Super Bowl then went to ncaa and won a title:
Zero !

None..

Did that go as you planned Kong? Good God man take your brain medicine . This is very embarrassing for you.
I am simply making sure that you understand your own argument. still not certain that you do.

and now you're just re-posting my post. I don't blame you - it's by far the most pertinent and insightful of any in this entire idiotic thread

Only 4 guys who went from college to the NFL and back to college (like Rhule and BOB - an apples to apples comparison) won a national title after their return:

Saban
Carroll
Holtz
Harbaugh

Only one of those guys had an NFL record as bad as Rhule - Lou Holtz

It took Holtz 10 years and 3 different jobs before he won it all at ND.

If you want a comp for Rhule, that’s it.

I am simply making sure that you understand your own argument. still not certain that you do.

and now you're just re-posting my post. I don't blame you - it's by far the most pertinent and insightful of any in this entire idiotic thread
This is sad. You keep getting dunked on, but I tip my cap - you don’t stay down.

This is sad. You keep getting dunked on, but I tip my cap - you don’t stay down.
your last post was a literal regurgitation of mine.

"dunked on"

lmao

it's very obvious why you've been identified as expendable at least once in your professional career. you literally cannot carry a linear conversation.

thanks for the laughs, Brandon!

xoxo

Then you have NFL head coaches that made the playoffs half the time, and made it all the way to the Super Bowl. Surely that kind of coach would do well in college, right?

Oh.. never mind

20071013__20071014_B13_SP14FBCNEBRASKAp1.jpg

The order doesn't matter. Of course the guys who have success in both are obviously great coaches.
of course the order matters. it's the basis of his entire argument:

"there is no correlation between NFL success and college success"

your last post was a literal regurgitation of mine.

"dunked on"

lmao

it's very obvious why you've been identified as expendable at least once in your professional career. you literally cannot carry a linear conversation.

thanks for the laughs, Brandon!

xoxo
So sad. Up the brain medication. We need you at full thinking capacity in time for the season kickoff.

Then you have NFL head coaches that made the playoffs half the time, and made it all the way to the Super Bowl. Surely that kind of coach would do well in college, right?

Oh.. never mind

20071013__20071014_B13_SP14FBCNEBRASKAp1.jpg
yea winning 8 and 9 games and competing for a conf title while recruiting the best defensive player in the history of the school is a total flop

Callahan has the exact same amount of P5 conf title appearances (1) and bowl wins as Rhule (1)

right again, Brandon!

yea winning 8 and 9 games and competing for a conf title while recruiting the best defensive player in the history of the school is a total flop

Callahan has the exact same amount of bowl wins as Rhule

right again, Brandon!
Hahahah.

You guys - Kong thinks cally was good with his 8 wins. Omg he has lost his mind.

Hahahah.

You guys - Kong thinks cally was good with his 8 wins. Omg he has lost his mind.
his 8 win season culminated in a bowl win and top 25 finish

and he followed it up with a 9 win season and division title

I'm not sure your memory is as sharp as you believe it to be

earlier in this thread, you were championing this exact trend:

5-6
8-4
9-5

now, conveniently, you're once again moving the goalposts

maybe go back to posting gifs? basically the only thing coming from you in this thread that makes sense.

@TampaBaySkers choose your fighter:

P5 record: 27-22, 1 conf title appearance, 1 bowl win
P5 record: 24-27, 1 conf title appearance, 1 bowl win

his 8 win season culminated in a bowl win and top 25 finish

and he followed it up with a 9 win season and division title

I'm not sure your memory is as sharp as you believe it to be

earlier in this thread, you were championing this exact trend:

5-6
8-4
9-5

now, conveniently, you're once again moving the goalposts

maybe go back to posting gifs? basically the only thing coming from you in this thread that makes sense.
Do you work for msm? Omitting data points. You’re better than that Kong.

Last year cally went 2-6 in conf play (5-7 overall)

@TampaBaySkers choose your fighter:

P5 record: 27-22, 1 conf title appearance, 1 bowl win
P5 record: 24-27, 1 conf title appearance, 1 bowl win
I would need to see a trend line before making a decision.. but something tells me you won’t be providing that

I didn’t know it was easy to work you up. This has been so funny.

I’ve gotten a great ab workout from all this laughing. Appreciate it bud

I would need to see a trend line before making a decision.. but something tells me you won’t be providing that

I didn’t know it was easy to work you up. This has been so funny.

I’ve gotten a great ab workout from all this laughing. Appreciate it bud
here's the trend line:

5-6
8-4
9-5
5-7

1-11
7-6
11-3
5-7 (new team)

I imagine your smile looks a little crooked after the brain bleed you've suffered trying to keep your own argument straight

I'm always happy to help out the less fortunate and those who are suffering!

I would be surprised if “at Baylor” had been the qualifier all along. I was under the impression from multiple posts Rhule had never beat a top 25 team so this has been refreshing new info to debunk the narrative.
it's always been what I've said, because it's the truth.

maybe not others.

I would be surprised if “at Baylor” had been the qualifier all along. I was under the impression from multiple posts Rhule had never beat a top 25 team so this has been refreshing new info to debunk the narrative.
It wasn’t mentioned. Just another made up thing that only exists in shrinking brain of kong

Reactions: headcard
You know you have kong beat when he hides childish insults in his posts 🤣🤣🤣

Too funny man!
imagine using Bill Callahan as an example of a coach who sucked going from the NFL to college when he has a better winning percentage in P5 and the exact same amount of P5 accomplishments as Rhule in the exact same amount of years.

again, I really am not sure you actually understand the words you are typing in this thread. they make no sense.

I just added (new team) to year 4 prior to you posting this

because I knew you'd ask
Then I choose the coach with higher highs and lower lows. Nebraska needs a coach that can get them to the playoffs. I’m not happy with just 8 wins… maybe being an Iowa would better suit you?

imagine using Bill Callahan as an example of a coach who sucked going from the NFL to college when he has a better winning percentage in P5 and the exact same amount of P5 accomplishments as Rhule in the exact same amount of years.

again, I really am not sure you actually understand the words you are typing in this thread. they make no sense.
I don’t think you understand your point.

You wouldn’t hire Urban Meyer bc he sucked at Jacksonville- this is literally your entire argument . It’s the dumbest thing I’ve read on this board in awhile - that’s saying something 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskers123456
It wasn’t mentioned. Just another made up thing that only exists in shrinking brain of kong
here's one of many examples of me using the "at Baylor" disclaimer @RBigredMax

Ironically temple is the only place he actually did beat ranked teams (navy and one other)

Didn’t beat any at Baylor despite a run to the conf title game

I don’t really care all that much about it; obviously trev didn’t either

and another
If if if

The Baylor he built wasn’t the Baylor of yore. And he was 0-11 vs top 25 teams there.

Here’s hoping the winning starts this year

I’m tired of “if”

and the post I replied to in this thread strictly said "at Baylor", posted by you, so there are the perameters. again, posted by you.

"True.. but he accomplished more at Baylor than BOB did at Pedo U."

and you've forgotten, again. or confused yourself. again.

Reactions: RBigredMax
Callahan had the benefit of taking over and recruiting at a blueblood who had won a title in the prior 10 years. He was recruiting kids who had watched NU play in a national championship game while they were in middle school/high school. What Rhule is doing is infinitely harder.
Rhule will get his three years to prove himself. Why some posters want to call him a failure right now is a miserable way to live.

Callahan had the benefit of taking over and recruiting at a blueblood who had won a title in the prior 10 years. He was recruiting kids who had watched NU play in a national championship game while they were in middle school/high school. What Rhule is doing is infinitely harder.
this is a good pre-made excuse for down the road should Rhule continue to perform worse winning percentage-wise in P5 than Callahan did.

bookmarked!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT