ADVERTISEMENT

Bill O’Brien

The NFL records was in reference to Bill O’Brien, a totally different subject.

Congrats on being too dumb to follow anything but your fragile emotions, once again

You are too dumb to realize you are comparing apples to oranges, just picking random unrelated metrics to argue. Maybe next you can tell us all how amazing of a Middle School Coach some other coach was and how they won a Conference Championship in their 10th season Middle School season and their overall win percentage was better than Rhule’s at Baylor.

I feel like this thread has lived as long as it has because I had the audicity to point out Bob's resume is better than Matts's... so i busted out the old texas instruments calc and added up a bunch of numbers and got here..

One's overall head coaching is 67-57

The others is 63-77

They both coached in college and the NFL so I think tbeir overall record a legit metric to use, when comparing resumes. Of course those of you on Matt's side don't want to use the NFL, because Matt's record was so bad its drags down his resume...and of course you discount Bobs wins over ranked teams for their college record comparisons because Matt doean't have any...and I understand you don't care Bob's winning percentage in both college and the NFL is better because again, it favors Bob.

That's fine if you wish to THINK Matt's resume is better. I think the actual reaults/data tell a different story and I think some people just can't admit they're wrong, no matter how much data ypu show em.

I feel like this thread has lived as long as it has because I had the audicity to point out Bob's resume is better than Matts's... so i busted out the old texas instruments calc and added up a bunch of numbers and got here..

The others is 63-77

They both coached in college and the NFL so I think tbeir overall record a legit metric to use, when comparing resumes. Of course those of you on Matt's side don't want to use the NFL, because Matt's record was so bad its drags down his resume...and of course you discount Bobs wins over ranked teams for their college record comparisons because Matt doean't have any...and I understand you don't care Bob's winning percentage in both college and the NFL is better because again, it favors Bob.

That's fine if you wish to THINK Matt's resume is better. I think the actual reaults/data tell a different story and I think some people just can't admit they're wrong, no matter how much data ypu show em.
Once again… nfl success has zero correlation to college success therefore the data is useless, but keep using it if it makes you feel better. Bob is certainly the better nfl candidate if I’m hiring for a nfl team.

Matt has a higher deviation in college. Lower lows and higher highs. Bob will get you to bowl games but 8 or 9 wins is his ceiling ( poor man’s pelini)

Reactions: headcard
I also believe with all my heart if Matt had stayed at Baylor he would have had a ton of success there and would have been considered a much better college coach, but he bolted so we're left to speculate.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
You are too dumb to realize you are comparing apples to oranges, just picking random unrelated metrics to argue. Maybe next you can tell us all how amazing of a Middle School Coach some other coach was and how they won a Conference Championship in their 10th season Middle School season and their overall win percentage was better than Rhule’s at Baylor.
> “Rhule’s resume is the same as Fickell’s”
> “has Rhule ever been to the playoff?”
> “b-b-but that’s unrelated”

you’re actually retarded, aren’t you?

If I want an NFL coach, BOB over Rhule.

Need to win 8 the first year, BOB over Rhule.

Need to win 10 the 3rd year Rhule over BOB.

I'm happy we have Rhule over BOB. I think he's in it to sustain success and build a program. I like how he values athleticism over all else. He's a relationship builder. The perfect guy in this ever changing landscape.

Fickell was underwhelming. Reminded me more of OSU Fickell than Cinci Fickell.

The others is 63-77

I don't think their NFL record is relevant at all, but you, so OK.

You seem fixated on the "wins vs ranked teams".

BOB= 3 wins against ranked teams (#24, #18, #14)
Rhule= 3 wins against ranked teams (#21, #21, #19)

No much of a difference there. Although BOB did it in fewer years, the whole Rhule never beat any ranked teams is not true. Rhule also turned around two programs and won at a higher level than BOB. I think it is clear BOB is a better NFL Coach, and Rhule is a better college coach.

I also believe with all my heart if Matt had stayed at Baylor he would have had a ton of success there and would have been considered a much better college coach, but he bolted so we're left to speculate.

While it is true he could have padded his resume and kept wining by staying at Baylor (or Temple), he is considered a very good college coach. That is why it is so surprising to see you arguing that BOB was a better college coach, as I don't think that is the widely held belief amongst CFB fans, at all.

> “Rhule’s resume is the same as Fickell’s”
> “has Rhule ever been to the playoff?”
> “b-b-but that’s unrelated”

you’re actually retarded, aren’t you?

I didn't post any of those things. Their resumes aren't the same, Rhule actually coached and won at a P5 program.

So on top of being dumb, immature, and emotional. You are also illiterate.

I don't think their NFL record is relevant at all, but you, so OK.

You seem fixated on the "wins vs ranked teams".

BOB= 3 wins against ranked teams (#24, #18, #14)

No much of a difference there. Although BOB did it in fewer years, the whole Rhule never beat any ranked teams is not true. Rhule also turned around two programs and won at a higher level than BOB. I think it is clear BOB is a better NFL Coach, and Rhule is a better college coach.

While it is true he could have padded his resume and kept wining by staying at Baylor (or Temple), he is considered a very good college coach. That is why it is so surprising to see you arguing that BOB was a better college coach, as I don't think that is the widely held belief amongst CFB fans, at all.
Is this accurate?

I’ve been told over and over again that rhule has never beaten a ranked team

Once again… nfl success has zero correlation to college success
This is obviously completely made up

Zero correlation? Wishful thinking based only on Nick Saban, who was not the NFL flop you misremember him as.

Coaches who win in the NFL tend to win in college, too. Obviously.

The only successful college head coach in history to have as shitty a record in the NFL as Rhule is Lou Holtz. That’s it. The only one.

This is obviously completely made up

Zero correlation? Wishful thinking based only on Nick Saban, who was not the NFL flop you misremember him as.

Coaches who win in the NFL tend to win in college, too. Obviously.
Is this a serious question.. just at the top of my head ..
Chip Kelley
Steve Spurrier
Greg Schiano

I thought you were a football guy.

Is this a serious question.. just at the top of my head ..
Chip Kelley
Steve Spurrier
Greg Schiano

I thought you were a football guy.
Greg Schiano? LMAO!!

Only one of the coaches you listed won a national title (Spurrier), and he was a 65% winner in pro ball (USFL) before he came to college.

Harbaugh, Johnson, Switzer.. the list goes on and on

There is a clear correlation from NFL success to college success. Obviously.

Who knows, maybe we hired Lou Holtz 2.0? We all hope so!

Back in the spin cycle we go!

Greg Schiano? LMAO!!

Only one of the coaches you listed won a national title (Spurrier).

Harbaugh, Johnson, Switzer.. the list goes on and on

There is a clear correlation from NFL success to college success. Obviously.

Back in the spin cycle we go!
Wow you had to go several decades back to get me three names.. hilarious

Pete Carroll is an interesting one. Failed in the NFL first go at. Did well at USC and did very well in the nfl second go around.

I honestly did not know Matt had those victories over ranked teams prior to Baylor. I only focused on his time at Baylor for ranked wins. Thanks for posting them.

Kliff Kingsbury
Urban Meyer
Pete Carroll
Jim Harbaugh
Jimmy Johnson
Chip Kelly
Nick Saban
Steve Spurrier
Bobby Petrino
Mike Riley
BOB
Matt Rhule
Bill Callahan
John Robinson
Schiano

Are the ones I can think of. Looks like about 50-50 of success

Wow you had to go several decades back to get me three names.. hilarious

Pete Carroll is an interesting one. Failed in the NFL first go at. Did well at USC and did very well in the nfl second go around.
The correlation is clear.

If you want to compare Rhule’s NFL record to any coach who went on to win a national title, the list is one single name long:

Lou Holtz.

Urban was 2-11 with the Jags. A national champion coach.
We’re talking NFL -> college, not the other way around.

If you want to say there’s no correlation from college success to NFL success, that would more accurate than saying there’s no correlation from NFL success to college success, where the correlation is more clear.

The correlation is clear.

If you want to compare Rhule’s NFL record to any coach who went on to win a national title, the list is one single name long:

Lou Holtz.
You must not understand what the word correlation means …

College Coaches that won a national championship but couldn’t even sniff the playoffs in the NFL
- Nick Saban
- Steve Spurrier
- Dennis Erickson
- Lou Hotlz
- Urban Myer

College coaches that won ncaa championship and Super Bowl:
- Jimmy Johnson
- Pete Carroll
- Barry Switzer

You must not understand what the word correlation means …

College Coaches that won a national championship but couldn’t even sniff the playoffs in the NFL
- Nick Saban
- Steve Spurrier
- Dennis Erickson
- Lou Hotlz
- Urban Myer

College coaches that won ncaa championship and Super Bowl:
- Jimmy Johnson
- Pete Carroll
- Barry Switzer
+Jim Harbaugh

Chip made the playoffs.

Urban mailed it in, kicked his players, etc.

Only Lou lost as much as Rhule and went on to win a title in college after returning.

We’re talking NFL -> college, not the other way around.

If you want to say there’s no correlation from college success to NFL success, that would more accurate than saying there’s no correlation from NFL success to college success, where the correlation is more clear.
Haha .. look at fast king is back peddling. Hilarious 😆

Are from an alternate reality where Jim harbaugh won a Super Bowl?
Sorry, you’re right.

Went to one, lost.

Didn’t realize “success” is defined as “won a Super Bowl” by the same guy who brings up Greg schiano as proof of anything

Haha .. look at fast king is back peddling. Hilarious 😆
Are we not? This is the basis of the discussion, as set by you:

nfl success has zero correlation to college success

NFL -> college

Trying to play by your rules here. Please stop moving the goalposts. I know you’re dizzy from all that spin.

Sorry, you’re right.

Went to one, lost.

Didn’t realize “success” is defined as “won a Super Bowl” by the same guy who brings up Greg schiano as proof of anything
How embarrassing for you.

College coaches that won a conf title and sucked in the nfl;
- Bobby Petrino
- Butch Davis
- Chip Kelley
- Lane Kiffin

Are we not? This is the basis of the discussion, as set by you:

nfl success has zero correlation to college success

NFL -> college

Trying to play by your rules here. Please stop moving the goalposts. I know you’re dizzy from all that spin.
This is so sad. Dunking on you over and over again is starting to get boring.

How embarrassing for you.

College coaches that won a conf title and sucked in the nfl;
- Bobby Petrino
- Butch Davis
- Chip Kelley
- Lane Kiffin
That’s college to NFL correlation

Not NFL to college correlation (your argument)

The lists are different (obviously)

• Haha
Only 4 guys who went from college to the NFL and back to college (like Rhule and BOB - an apples to apples comparison) won a national title after their return:

Saban
Carroll
Holtz
Harbaugh

Only one of those guys had an NFL record as bad as Rhule - Lou Holtz

It took Holtz 10 years and 3 different jobs before he won it all at ND.

If you want a comp for Rhule, that’s it.

I’m genuinely concerned for him. I think I broke his brain.
Says the guy who both argued with himself and completely forgot his own argument all in the same thread.

Comical

Stop moving the goalposts, diz.

Says the guy who both argued with himself and completely forgot his own argument all in the same thread.

Comical

Stop moving the goalposts, diz.

biden-sniff.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT