ADVERTISEMENT

Big ten teams may be starting to shed some marquee non conf games

Yes, I agree, but really outside of protected rivals that we play every year, we should play all 12 other teams (home and away) in a 4 year window, correct? Hopefully they would be spread out evenly.
One would hope - in the old big 12 days some north teams got UT and OU for 2 years then neither for 2 years

I thought UW to the BIG was dead - I don’t think it adds value

Any chance OSU was instructed to ditch the game because they might be joining?

Honestly UO and UW financially would be better joining the BIG and agreeing to lesser payouts than the rest of the league for a period of time than staying in the PAC.
From what I have read the schools the B1G really wants for 17 and 18 are Notre Dame and Florida. I dont think they'll get UF. Notre Dame will join the B1G soon enough. They can get Oregon, UW, Stanford, Cal, Miami, Georgia Tech, UNC, and Virginia whenever they want to. 16 teams makes scheduling very easy with a pod system. 3 pod games and 6 non pod that alternate so you will play every team in the conference at least every 2 years. 18 or 20 you've gotta add games otherwise scheduling gets messy. They may wait and go all the way up to 24 teams. I dont see it being more than that. Not enough big brands left.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
In a much more real sense, neither are marquee games. Notre Dame is obviously a quality opponent, but Purdue would be their soft warm-up opponent, especially going forward. Colorado is a joke.
Purdue hasn't won since the Tiller era, but it usually isn't a layup for ND considering it's a rivalry game

From what I have read the schools the B1G really wants for 17 and 18 are Notre Dame and Florida. I dont think they'll get UF. Notre Dame will join the B1G soon enough. They can get Oregon, UW, Stanford, Cal, Miami, Georgia Tech, UNC, and Virginia whenever they want to. 16 teams makes scheduling very easy with a pod system. 3 pod games and 6 non pod that alternate so you will play every team in the conference at least every 2 years. 18 or 20 you've gotta add games otherwise scheduling gets messy. They may wait and go all the way up to 24 teams. I dont see it being more than that. Not enough big brands left.
Perhaps in 2036 when the ACC grant of rights expires, the B1G will probably try to grab Florida State or Miami or perhaps even both.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT