ADVERTISEMENT

***Big Ten Baseball Tourney Thread***

Minnesota has 3 fewer wins than us and an RPI 7 spots lower than us. Is winning the regular season championship by a half game really going to make that big of a difference?

Unfortunately They seem to be at 50 right now as we sit at 48 so our RPI is pretty much a wash at this point. Not playing either of the teams in the Big Ten Tourney Championship really hurt us.

Also, two of their 34 wins were over sub D-1 competition. 32 wins over D-1 teams vs. 37 for us. Again, I just really have a hard time seeing how winning the regular season conference championship by a half game means that much.

The Hawkeye fans have shown up in droves here and most won't even get in for a few innings is my guess. The TD Ameritrade ticket office really dropped the ball. For those of you Husker fans with all session passes you could make a nice profit right now. Winking

I spoke with the guy that is in charge of setting up the concessions and he said they completely dropped the ball and underestimated Iowa fans. He said it will be great if Iowa and Nebraska ever play for a championship in the tourney. Said that they had no clue Iowa fans would show up like that. It would most likely be sold out. I waited in line for an hour for tickets (that was in the short line) and they ended up opening up 2 more ticket windows.

Another game going on right now to keep an eye on is William & Mary playing UNC Wilmington who has pretty much punched their ticket. William & Mary is leading 9-6 Top of the 5th right now so if they take the automatic bid I think that bumps out a Big Ten team for sure.

If anyone wants to watch the game via the web just click HERE

Host sites have been announced. All 16 hosts are in the top 17 of the RPI. Only Coastal Carolina at 12 isn't hosting. Let's hope it's not and indication of how highly this committee values the RPI.

William & Mary look to be playing bubble buster here after hitting a grand slam to go up 13-9 in the Bottom of the 8th.

ADVERTISEMENT