ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Baseball Tourney - Game 3 #1 Nebraska vs. #8 Purdue (Huskers win 15-9)

Base paths have been slip'n'slides all day. Fun to watch base runners be shocked when they slide past the base.

How about Ben Miller? His average now above .300. Helluva move in this last month or so.

Reactions: saluno22
Bottom 5th

Leadoff walk for Schlepp. Mojo flies out to RF. Meyers walks. Altavilla K's but a double ateal advances the runners to 2nd and 3rd. WP scores Schlepp and Meyers moves to 3rd!!! Schreiber with an RBI double to LF!!! Miller also with an RBI double to RF!!! Alvarado walks. Another lefty comes in from the bullpen for Purdue. Roskam walks the bases loaded. Wilkening K's.

I will say, though, if we want to drag this out and make IA/MD play until 4 a.m. I'm not totally opposed.
I think there's a conference rule that no games can start after 10pm. That's what the scouts around me are saying anyway. I feel like three years ago at TD Ameritrade Park they started a game after 10pm on day 2.

I think there's a conference rule that no games can start after 10pm. That's what the scouts around me are saying anyway. I feel like three years ago at TD Ameritrade Park they started a game after 10pm on day 2.
I'm hoping for a deep extra-innings game (for IA/MD) Smokin Which they would probably stop after about 2 a.m. I suppose and resume the next day.

Bottom 6th

Leadoff single past 1st for Schlepp. Mojo Ks. Meyers flies out to RF. WP advances Schlepp to 2nd. Altavilla walks. WP advances the runners to 2nd 3rd. Schreiber pops up to 1st.

Palkert in to pitch.
Alvarado doing some pitching warmup in the outfield between in innings.

Looking at the radar, rain seems to be circling but missing Bloomington.

Top 7th

Leadoff double for Purdue. Back to back groundouts score a run but gives the Huskers two outs. K ends the inning

Yeah Hohensee's early brainfart inning is getting. . .old. Hopefully he won't have to pitch again until the regional and will thus get an extra day or two off to get back in form.
Not many regional teams gonna let us back in after one of those brain fart innings.

Top 8th

Leadoff single past SS for Purdue. leadoff runner out on a groundout to 2nd but the batter is safe at 1st on a FC. MOJO sangs a ball off the wall in RF!!! RBI double to left CF. groundout to 3rd ends the threat

Bottom 8th

One out ground ruled double for Schlepp! 2 rub HR for MOJO!!! Meyers flies out to CF. Altavilla out. Schreiber with a solo bomb to RF!!! Miller grounds out to 2nd ends the inning

ADVERTISEMENT