ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Baseball Tourney - Game 3 #1 Nebraska vs. #8 Purdue (Huskers win 15-9)

Bottom 8th

One out ground ruled double for Schlepp! 2 rub HR for MOJO!!! Meyers flies out to CF. Altavilla out. Schreiber with a solo bomb to RF!!! Miller grounds out to 2nd ends the inning
Gelo singled, Scott got 2 ribbies.

Jusy announced in the stadium, this will be the last game today.
Tomorrow's schedule:
Game 5: Indiana vs Michigan (elimination)
Game 4: Iowa vs Maryland (first round)
Game 6: loser game 3 vs loser game 4 (elimination)
Game 7: Minnesota vs Northwestern

Winners of games 3 and 4 will not play until Friday.

Certainly not how I thought this game would go, but I'll take the win. And considering how the 2nd inning went, we came out of it as good as you could expect from a pitching standpoint.

Reactions: saluno22
Jusy announced in the stadium, this will be the last game today.
Tomorrow's schedule:
Game 5: Indiana vs Michigan (elimination)
Game 4: Iowa vs Maryland (first round)
Game 6: loser game 3 vs loser game 4 (elimination)
Game 7: Minnesota vs Northwestern

Winners of games 3 and 4 will not play until Friday.
The hour delay to start this game was a complete botch job. I was set to watch tomorrow's game no matter how late it starts. And instead it's Friday morning?!?!?

we came out of it as good as you could expect from a pitching standpoint.

Amazingly we saved the bullpen. Certainly didn't expect that after that brain fart inning.

This is good news for the rest of the tournament.

Wasn't pretty, but it's a W
That field was very hitter friendly. Any hit was like skipping rocks on water and any fly ball had a chance to go out. It is one of those games you just take the win however you can and move on! Laughing

The hour delay to start this game was a complete botch job. I was set to watch tomorrow's game no matter how late it starts. And instead it's Friday morning?!?!?
Delaying the start of game 3, yes, complete botch job. During game 1, they announced that game 2 would start at 1:30 (eastern) or 20 minutes after the conclusion of game 1, whichever came later. Then they announced the start time for game 3 at the end of game 2, and everyone in my area thought for sure they made a mistake. Nope, announced it again. They actually wanted ppl to leave after game 2 and come back for game 3. Was very strange. Pushing back game 3 for "impending weather" was a complete lie.

Amazingly we saved the bullpen. Certainly didn't expect that after that brain fart inning.

This is good news for the rest of the tournament.
I had to leave for awhile, so I didn't know what to expect when I was able to turn the game on again. I was thrillled when I found out Hohensee made it through 6.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT