ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Baseball Tourney - Game 3 #1 Nebraska vs. #8 Purdue (Huskers win 15-9)

saluno22

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2006
First pitch will be at 6:03pm eastern, 5:03pm central.

That seems strange, but it's what the PA guy said.

Lineup...

Last edited:
Reactions: RobsterMobster
Argh....I have an appointment at 5. Was hoping to watch a little before. Oh well, I'll tune in at 6

There's been no rain for th last 25 minutes or so, but more is coming.

PqiDfZh.jpg

Probably about 150 in the stands.

And saluno moved up while the scouts were gone.

Holy sh!t that was a big time collision in left-center. One of the Purdue guys got up right away, but the other is taking a while.

Both will stay in the game.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
Here we go. Two in, bases still jacked, no outs.

RBI walk. 3-0, no outs. Pitching change for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: saluno22
Bottom 1st

Leadoff double to deep LF for Meyers. Altavilla gets on per a 7-8 collision with the outfielders but it is ruled a double on the play, Meyers advances to 3rd on the play. Schreiber reaches on an E6 throwing error but does get credit for the RBI as Meyers scores. Schreiber advances to 2nd and Altavilla on 3rd on the errant throw. Miller walks the bases loaded on 4 pitches. Alvarado with an RBI line drive single to LF!!! Bases still loaded. Roskam walks in a run on a full count walk! Pitching change for Purdue. Wilkening hits into a 6-4-3 DP but another run scores on the play. Schlepp flies out to LF.

Crowd has swelled to just shy of what was here for Indiana-Minny this morning, helps that Purdue is a close drive, but it's definitely a partisan Husker crowd.

Goodness. Pitching not where anyone wants to be.

Man, everyone is making solid contact on Hohensee this inning. Doesn't look good.

Top 2nd

Back to Back leadoff singles and an RBI double puts runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs for Purdue. A 2 RBI double scores a couple more and a throwing error (E8) advances the runner to 3rd. Fly out to CF, runner holds at 3rd. Another RBI double ties the game up at 4. Fly out to LF. WP moves the runner to 3rd. Walk puts runners on the corners. RBI single to RF scores another. groundout to SS ends the inning. That was horrible by Hohensee. Fell asleep after getting the early lead.

Bottom 2nd

1-2-3 inning for the Huskers. This game turned in a hurry. I din't think Silva has even pretended to warm anyone up.

Let me clarify... there is a restroom in each dugout.

During game 2, a Northwestern player was using the restroom and a sharply-hit foul ball greeted him when he emerged. It was quite the shock.

Excellent AB by Miller! Fought off a lot of 2-strike pitches to get that double.

Way to go, Little Billy!

Bottom 3rd

Schreiber leads off reaching on an E6. Miller with an RBI double down the RF line to tie it back up! Alvarado grounds out to SS, Miller stays at at 2nd. Roskam flies out to CF. Wilkening with an RBI single to right center! Schlepp lines out right to CF

Wilkening earned that hit as well, glad to see us adding numbers to this reliever's pitch count.

And as I type that, Schlepp has a first-pitch L8.

Hohensee really grooving now. Heckuva effort by Schlepp on that foul ball, didn't make the play, but got his foot stuck in the fence.

Bottom 4th

Leadoff single to CF for Mojo. Meyers is then HBP. Altavilla with the SAC bunt to move the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Schreiber is intentionally walked to load the bases. Pitching change as Purdue brings in a lefy. Miller walks on 4 pitches to score Mojo and that ends the day for the lefty. Laughing Alvarado with the SAC fly to CF to score Meyers. Roskam walks the bases loaded. Wilkening K's

ADVERTISEMENT