ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 media days notes-Carter N is starting career at WR, Ron Brown to coach FB's and returners

I wouldn't call an 8 point win "kicking their teeth in"
We slipped by a bad team
1Dv6.gif

I like this, move a lot, and it could stick. Does anybody remember Todd Blythe from Iowa State? He’s 6-5, 215, and he was a matchup nightmare, always running free in the secondary and winning every jump ball in the end zone. Would be great to see a similar role for Nelson.

Remember him well

Very much a “why can’t we ever find these guys?!” guy

Would be an excellent comp

thanks for the laughs everyone
imo give rao all the reps you can (safely)
bring in hh to mess defense up once in awhile
bring in hh as a reliever when game in hand
bring in 3rd guy(s) if you can late

I had a conversation with my dad this last week about Nebraska football. He, being a Rhule hater, had some interesting takes. He thought Dylan was no better than the 3 QBs that played last year and that Rhule doesn't know X's and O's and is only a cheerleader. He thought Haarberg RollingLaughis the future of the team. I didn't argue with him as that would be pointless but some men you just can't reach.

If Haarberg is the leader, we are screwed.
Are you kongs son

I will say this HH is a hell of an athlete. I think he has a future in football and it could be at that H-Back/TE position. HH biggest issue is he has less than stellar lateral movement and acceleration. Straight line he is moving especially at the top end. His other glaring issue is he just does not see the field whatsoever. I think the new QB coach will really help him with his throwing and accuracy, but his biggest issue last year is he just doesn't see the open guys. With that O-Line I know he got spooked, but there were plenty of times last year where Satt actually had some great play calls and HH just had no idea dudes were running wide open.

With that said, he is too good of an athlete not to be on the field in some capacity and if Dylan is the man, you are going to see him in at TE similar to Colorado. Kid looked like he had super soft hands in his one grab. Looked natural.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Eh, I wouldn't fully judge him on that. I'm with you that I doubt he works out though. UCLA just doesn't seem committed whatsoever to football anymore.
It's a definite red flag. Being nervous is one thing but that was being nervous and unprepared. Maybe have some bullet points to help out. Shit, even reading a prepared statement while staring at the paper would have been better.

It's a definite red flag. Being nervous is one thing but that was being nervous and unprepared. Maybe have some bullet points to help out. Shit, even reading a prepared statement while staring at the paper would have been better.
Agree! You know if you aren’t a great speaker and you get nervous. Note cards or something to help out. Dude makes $3M a year - he should be able to present an opening statement.

he looked like an idiot..doesn't bode well for late game decisions with the game on the line...now who else does that remind us of? haha. only partially joking.

Reactions: InMotion
I'm not saying it wasn't bad, but he isn't hired to win a press conference. If he wins games who gives a shit. Rhule is a fantastic talker and we haven't won shit yet. Pressers mean nothing. I know plenty of awesome leaders who are terrible public speakers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT