ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 and SEC

You'll sit in the corner and beg for our table scraps. And you'll like it!! RollingLaugh
giphy_orig.gif

yeah, like k-state can't compete with the likes of nebraska, minnesota, iowa, indiana, and the rest. talk about elitism. my god.
Because those are the 8 teams you are currently competing with. Anyone with half a brain knows 90-95% of the worthy teams are from those 2 conferences, so the fact there is 33% left for the rest is a gift.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Because those are the 8 teams you are currently competing with. Anyone with half a brain knows 90-95% of the worthy teams are from those 2 conferences, so the fact there is 33% left for the rest is a gift.
this is such a stupid, limited mindset

I will never understand why so-called college football fans laugh and point fingers as they root for the utter failure and desecration of the sport they claim to love

there should be at minimum 68 teams in FBS/CFP moving forward

nobody wants to see B1G+SEC and that's it. talk about a terrible product.

90-95%? give me a break.

this is such a stupid, limited mindset

I will never understand why so-called college football fans laugh and point fingers as they root for the utter failure and desecration of the sport they claim to love

there should be at minimum 68 teams in FBS/CFP moving forward

nobody wants to see B1G+SEC and that's it. talk about a terrible product.

90-95%? give me a break.
What you want and where the talent is are two different things.

Should there 50-80 teams in major college football? Yes, and then you will have more ability of talent distribution.

Talent/money is only flowing to those two conferences right now, and the ones that are not in those conferences transfer to them if they are good enough. Until it is turned into a league with all of the other deserving teams almost no one outside those conferences are going to be good enough.

You are living in a fantasy until then.

What you want and where the talent is are two different things.

Should there 50-80 teams in major college football? Yes, and then you will have more ability of talent distribution.

Talent/money is only flowing to those two conferences right now, and the ones that are not in those conferences transfer to them if they are good enough. Until it is turned into a league with all of the other deserving teams almost no one outside those conferences are going to be good enough.

You are living in a fantasy until then.
the B1G has 2-3 teams "deserving", with talent

the SEC has 4-5

the rest are average at best and routinely get beat by the big 12, ACC, etc

it's not the talent that's consolidated. it's the politics.

simple as that.

he's right

it is an elitist attitude to look down our noses at other conferences just because we started this musical chairs idiocy in the first place

whole thing sucks, IMO, and I'm ashamed on behalf of NU fans who are actively rooting for the further erosion & destruction of college football

yeah, like k-state can't compete with the likes of nebraska, minnesota, iowa, indiana, and the rest. talk about elitism. my god.
K State apparently cant compete with BYU. And so what if KState could compete with those schools you listed non of them are going to the playoffs. K State won’t either.

he's right

it is an elitist attitude to look down our noses at other conferences just because we started this musical chairs idiocy in the first place

whole thing sucks, IMO, and I'm ashamed on behalf of NU fans who are actively rooting for the further erosion & destruction of college football
Texass started this. Nebraska just did what's best for Nebraska.

he's right

The erosion started in the mid 90s when the Big 8 allowed Texas to come in be a bully. You know who never stood up to them? K state. So it’s their own dang fault they are were they are today

The erosion started in the mid 90s when the Big 8 allowed Texas to come in be a bully. You know who never stood up to them? K state. So it’s their own dang fault they are were they are today
Bingo. The rest of the old Big 8 were a bunch of pussies who were tired of getting wrecked by Nebraska, so they cozied up to the evil empire. How did that work out for them? RollingLaughTexass left them at the altar with their dick in their hands. All while Texass ruined another conference and left for more money.

Last edited:
he's right

The context of my post is that if you want to air your grievances - do it in the Kstate board.

We don’t play them, he’s not a fan of NU and while this could end up being the dismantling of college football … his general demeanor is not going to gain him any sympathy on this board. Averitas a pompous blowhard who inexplicably talks KState trash on our board.

I agree that there should be a larger amount of teams in the power 2 and I have no doubt that once it does come down to a P2 there will be many more teams than the current landscape and the B1G map commercial will take 90 seconds to cover.

Does that mean every single school should be invited? No, there will be some schools with a history and fans who will be disappointed. Thats how it works. It will happen one way or the other based on the amount of money schools can invest in their programs in the future.

Now, when all the dust settles and there are 70 teams between SEC and B1G and Kstate isn’t one of them. I will laugh because Averitas has made me despise that program by his constant holier-than-thou attitude.

After reading all that I keep coming back to the same question in my head over and over again.

How did Missouri manage to get themselves in the P2?
Same way that Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina, Indiana, Rutgers, Maryland, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Illinois got a spot in the P2.

i see candidates for congress now running on platforms of fixing college football. not surprising. collusion is against federal law in commerce.

i see candidates for congress now running on platforms of fixing college football. not surprising. collusion is against federal law in commerce.
There's always been collusion in sports. Bowls were all about collusion for years with the automatic conference tie ins. Many teams automatic exclusion from certain Bowls.

Reactions: Baxter48
Do you suppose those candidates might just be pandering to relentless, pathetic crybabies by telling them what they want to hear?

"I'm running for Congress so I can fix college football!!!"

My God, imagine being enough of a whiny pea-brain to buy into that campaign pitch.

Really?

Playing all the SEC teams would be awesome

Can’t wait for the Tennessee game

I don't like the SEC. At all. Even though historically Nebraska has owned them. Which is cool.

Second, if you think getting whipped consistently by B1G teams is bad, how do you think modern-day NU is going to do against the SEC?

I'll give you a hint. Badly.

Just give me OU.

I don't like the SEC. At all. Even though historically Nebraska has owned them. Which is cool.

Second, if you think getting whipped consistently by B1G teams is bad, how do you think modern-day NU is going to do against the SEC?

I'll give you a hint. Badly.

Just give me OU.
A loss to a highly ranked SEC team in September doesn’t hurt NU

This can only raise our game, IMO. We are perfect for it.

Give me this over northern Illinois or some FCS school all day long. Fans deserve matchups like NU-Ole Miss, etc.

It’s like an old school bowl game during the first month of the season. Imagine how many Husker fans would make the trip to Fayetteville or Columbia, SC or wherever we haven’t play since 50 years ago.

The fake tough B1G schools like ohiost and pennst must hate it, though

Last edited:
I predicted ISU would have a shot to emerge as a B12 power and have realistic annual goals of reaching the CFP. Coin flip chance to make it this year and it looks like going forward they will have a decent shot to compete for a college football playoff. I’m not sure any program has benefitted from conference realignment more than them.

Do you suppose those candidates might just be pandering to relentless, pathetic crybabies by telling them what they want to hear?

"I'm running for Congress so I can fix college football!!!"

My God, imagine being enough of a whiny pea-brain to buy into that campaign pitch.
Yeah. They can't pass a budget, or even a Farm Bill, but congress is going to get together and agree on college football.

Reactions: timnsun
12 team playoff only getting bigger

There will be many 2-3 loss teams in it at the end

No way it doesn’t expand to 16, not sure after that, but this thing will go to 16 real quick. Money and fan engagement are going to be off the charts. I bet they expand after just a few 12 team playoffs. (seasons) I’d set the o/u at 4.5 years before they expand again.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT