ADVERTISEMENT

Betts coming back?

The guy has to do a close to complete 120-180 degree turnaround. For love of football and the chore for him is going to school with plans to graduate. Maybe life and a year or so of maturity and experiences gave him focus and hard reality facts. Is he eligible for playing in 2023? I doubt it because i find it hard to believe he has done any classes, say at Metro, which could be transferable to UNL and his starting date for college. I just don’t think of him as a player who loves football at this level and was just biding his time and was always thinking of quitting. If he comes here, I hope he proves me very wrong.

Wait ✋️, wasn't it just a few days ago it was announced he was in the portal???? Now he's coming back??? WTF. I'm skeptical and not sure how I would feel about this

Players in the portal do come back. Jimari Butler has already done so. Rumors that he might be too much of a project character-wise and academically, but I’m an optimist. Ideally, the kid cleans up and stars for the Huskers on the field. Kid has an NFL body and we know makes big time plays. Get him back on track!

• Tez Johnson (Troy Trojans)
  • Dante Cephas (Kent State Golden Flashes)

I'd let this kid go. Somehow, someway we have to start being serious on how our culture is developed. He's not going to change. He's just a clown in his own circus. Hard pass. Next please.

Reactions: Gary.Busey
Betts has had time to think and he knows the window is closing. No doubt he's desperate to be on a roster considering it is true he has great talent worth millions slipping away. I might let him back with some clear guidelines. Just don't waste our time. Frosty-f*** around era is gone for good. The adults have entered the building

I'd let this kid go. Somehow, someway we have to start being serious on how our culture is developed. Hes not going to change. He's just a clown in his own circus. Hard pass. Next please.
Do you have insider info you'd like to share? As much disfunction as there was under Frost, it is really hard to blame anyone for leaving in hindsight.

If our coaching staff is ok with Betts coming back, I certainly am. It's been made clear that Rhule likes to recruit speed, and we know Betts has it. If he does, it will be interesting to see how it plays out with the new WR coach given his extensive experience mentoring young men 😉. Maybe a young coach like Garret McGuire is someone who can relate to Betts. I would be really impressed with McGuire if he can get Betts to play at the high level he is capable of.

Last edited:
Do you have insider info you'd like to share? As much disfunction as there was under Frost, it is really hard to blame anyone for leaving in hindsight.
This is my take. Frost and his crew had a way of trashing kids unlike anyone I’ve ever seen. It was really strange to see the fanbase believe all of it, from a coach who was a transfer himself when he played. Weird

Maybe he’s had a year of speaking with a counselor and on Xanax and Adderall? That would help out his mental state of mind! Hopefully the kid has received some needed therapy
Charlie Brown Twitch GIF by AOK

Maybe he’s had a year of speaking with a counselor and on Xanax and Adderall? That would help out his mental state of mind! Hopefully the kid has received some needed therapy
Charlie Brown Twitch GIF by AOK
Probably no drugs needed but rather just a taste of the real world without the celebrity of football. A kid can figure out pretty quickly that football practice and class is a lot more fun than working a minimum wage job.

Someone just tell this kid and every other kid in America, that 90% of life is just showing up. Set your damn alarm, turn off your PlayStation and just show up.
My daughter is in her early 30s and works in business in Miami and she said a couple of years ago that to get ahead in Miami you just have to do what is required. You have to be on time, competent, and reliable. If you are really smart or talented to boodt that is great but getting ahead with basic traits is not only possible- but the rule. She said what won't fly in NYC gets you way ahead in Miami because so many just won't or can't do what is expected.

My daughter is in her early 30s and works in business in Miami and she said a couple of years ago that to get ahead in Miami you just have to do what is required. You have to be on time, competent, and reliable. If you are really smart or talented to boodt that is great but getting ahead with basic traits is not only possible- but the rule. She said what won't fly in NYC gets you way ahead in Miami because so many just won't or can't do what is expected.
After being at a firm in CA for 3 months my kid got a large Christmas bonus for doing just that and being willing to put in the extra work when needed. Midwestern work ethic plays well.

After being at a firm in CA for 3 months my kid got a large Christmas bonus for doing just that and being willing to put in the extra work when needed. Midwestern work ethic plays well.
I worked and lived in DC from 2015-21 and I had an apartment in a millenial building - mostly professional types - government, non-profits, etc. The whole building wreaked of weed from Friday at five until Monday morning and often during the week. People underestimate how much weed smoking is going on in that age group. I don't want to discuss legality - I am just pointing out that it likely affects productivity IMO.

Husker fans that romanticize the walk on and that would 'die to have a chance to play for NU" won't want him.

Everyone else will want him back. I want him back.
Yeah, no kidding. The emotional hemopheliac's may not want him, but he showed great promise as a freshman and seems to be pretty photo typical for what MR looks for in a receiver.

Someone just tell this kid and every other kid in America, that 90% of life is just showing up. Set your damn alarm, turn off your PlayStation and just show up.
I guarantee you won't find one player in the NFL that said this formula works to get into the league. As for American workforce you dont even have to show up to do well. Laziest workers in the world. You will do better by being lazy than the people that do bust their ass

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Nebraska coaches are even interested in him? The OWH reported a couple of days ago that they were not pursuing him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT