ADVERTISEMENT

Best pandemic movies.

It Comes at Night was interesting. Not great, but some good performances and a movie that stuck with you for a while.

MV5BMmEzYWIwNWItOTJhNi00MDQwLThhYmEtODAyZjBiZTBlMDc2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzU0NzkwMDg@._V1_UY1200_CR49,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Just watched Outbreak on Netflix. It was pretty bad. They started off pretty solid, and then forgot what type of move they were making, and then it was suddenly all helicopter dogfighting scenes.

On the positive side, 28 Days Later is a classic. If you are/were a Walking Dead fan, though, you might wonder why they ripped off the whole first part from 28 Days Later.

World War Z is decent. The book was better, but they really couldn't decide how to make it into a movie, so it was written and re-written multiple times before the movie finally came out.

Love The Stand, but not the TV miniseries. Apparently they are remaking the series on CBS All Access, which means I will probably never see it.

I actually have Andromeda Strain on VHS somewhere. I wonder if I could find a player to watch it.

Reactions: ncaalover12
Just watched Outbreak on Netflix. It was pretty bad. They started off pretty solid, and then forgot what type of move they were making, and then it was suddenly all helicopter dogfighting scenes.

On the positive side, 28 Days Later is a classic. If you are/were a Walking Dead fan, though, you might wonder why they ripped off the whole first part from 28 Days Later.

World War Z is decent. The book was better, but they really couldn't decide how to make it into a movie, so it was written and re-written multiple times before the movie finally came out.

Love The Stand, but not the TV miniseries. Apparently they are remaking the series on CBS All Access, which means I will probably never see it.

I actually have Andromeda Strain on VHS somewhere. I wonder if I could find a player to watch it.

I rewatched the Stand a couple of weeks ago. Terrible acting. I didnt remember it being that way, but I was like 15 last time I saw it.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
I don't think anyone ripped anyone else off, although you'd have to do some in depth research to come to a conclusion. TWD show was adapted directly from the comics written by Kirkman that came out around the same time as 28 Days Later. Obviously the movie was in production for a long time, as I'm sure the comics were too. So as to who had the idea first, not sure. But it's not as clearcut as you say.

Edit: EW: I suspect a lot of people who are coming across the story of The Walking Dead for the first time would have thought that the guy-wakes-from-coma-to-discover-that-the-world-has-been-overrun-by-zombies plot was very similar to 28 Days Later. Presumably you had seen that film when you wrote the first issue of the comic?
RK: No. Welcome to my life seven years ago. It was complete coincidence. I saw 28 Days Later shortly before the first issue of Walking Dead was released. That first issue came out in October of 2003 and 28 Days Later was released in the States in June of 2003. So we were working on our second issue by the time I saw it. It was going to be a matter of somehow trying to restage the entire first issue, because it was a very similar coma opening. I made a decision—which I pretty much regret at this point—I said, “You know what? It’s so different [from that point on], I will probably never hear anything about this.” And I was wrong.
EW: So when you saw the movie you must have thought, “Oh s—!”
RK: Yeah. It was a little annoying. But great minds think alike, right?
Source:
Interview with Robert Kirkman, creator: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/11/0...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT