ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Sasse leaving FL

Agreed. And I will admit that he did one hell of a job as the president at a once struggling Midland College.
He handled the student riots on the Israel/Palestine issue really well too. He didn't allow the mob to take over the university.

Reactions: baseball31ne
My take: when Sasse was first running for congress, he was a very smart dude who knew history. He had the potential to be a really good congressman. When he got elected, his independence disappeared. He was too conservative for the elites and too elite for the conservatives. Thus, he made everyone mad at him — and had no cache to overcome.

Once he left congress to go to UF, he became independent again. Not surprisingly, he seemed to make reasonable decisions.

My take: when Sasse was first running for congress, he was a very smart dude who knew history. He had the potential to be a really good congressman. When he got elected, his independence disappeared. He was too conservative for the elites and too elite for the conservatives. Thus, he made everyone mad at him — and had no cache to overcome.

Once he left congress to go to UF, he became independent again. Not surprisingly, he seemed to make reasonable decisions.
Pretty close. Close but not quite

Not a sasse supporter but if the alligator is like most universities newspapers, of course they're going to be critical of administration especially when talking cuts.

In this case, sasse was not a popular choice by faculty or students due to his party affiliation. I'll venture to say that the alligator has been anti sasse for quite a while and has been working long and hard against him

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Not a sasse supporter but if the alligator is like most universities newspapers, of course they're going to be critical of administration especially when talking cuts.

In this case, sasse was not a popular choice by faculty or students due to his party affiliation. I'll venture to say that the alligator has been anti sasse for quite a while and has been working long and hard against him
I know nothing about the guy

Just thought it was funny

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT