ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Sasse leaving FL

Agreed. And I will admit that he did one hell of a job as the president at a once struggling Midland College.
He handled the student riots on the Israel/Palestine issue really well too. He didn't allow the mob to take over the university.

My take: when Sasse was first running for congress, he was a very smart dude who knew history. He had the potential to be a really good congressman. When he got elected, his independence disappeared. He was too conservative for the elites and too elite for the conservatives. Thus, he made everyone mad at him — and had no cache to overcome.

Once he left congress to go to UF, he became independent again. Not surprisingly, he seemed to make reasonable decisions.

My take: when Sasse was first running for congress, he was a very smart dude who knew history. He had the potential to be a really good congressman. When he got elected, his independence disappeared. He was too conservative for the elites and too elite for the conservatives. Thus, he made everyone mad at him — and had no cache to overcome.

Once he left congress to go to UF, he became independent again. Not surprisingly, he seemed to make reasonable decisions.
Pretty close. Close but not quite

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT