ADVERTISEMENT

Bellevue qb Daniel Kaelin commits to Missouri

"want" is such an amorphous word. All kinds of levels of want. Rhule is still in the grace period where I'm trusting him, so for now I want whatever he wants.
this kid and Raiola are the only two QBs in this class Rhule offered

are offers are a proxy for "want"?

Reactions: mgbreis
So, that leaves, in this class for QB offers that Nebraska is in on (not committed elsewhere).........

ALESSIO MILIVOJEVIC
ALEX ERBY
MAEALIUAKI SMITH
DYLAN RAIOLA

Is there anyone else?

Reactions: king_kong_
Do you think we would have accepted his commit today?
yes.

Rhule said he wants kids who want to be at NU. if Kaelin said "coach, I want to come to Nebraska", I believe he'd have gladly taken him & it wouldn't have impacted our quest for the quarterback who just transferred high schools (again).

yes.

Rhule said he wants kids who want to be at NU. if Kaelin said "coach, I want to come to Nebraska", I believe he'd have gladly taken him & it wouldn't have impacted our quest for the quarterback who just transferred high schools (again).

You are out of your mind. They haven't even been recruiting him, and there is no way they would take another QB before DR commits somewhere.

So, that leaves, in this class for QB offers that Nebraska is in on (not committed elsewhere).........

ALESSIO MILIVOJEVIC
ALEX ERBY
MAEALIUAKI SMITH
DYLAN RAIOLA

Is there anyone else?
I'm liking that list.

If another one is added over the next month or so, I'm going to like it a lot less.

Reactions: headcard

ALESSIO MILIVOJEVIC
ALEX ERBY
MAEALIUAKI SMITH
DYLAN RAIOLA

Is there anyone else?
you're right - I got my info (only 2 QB offers) from the fatass who used to run this site & he's since deleted his tweet

some intriguing guys, to be sure:

Reactions: mgbreis
The portal changes things some, in so far as underrated HS QBs aren’t worth as much. Still like to see us bringing in quality HS QBs, maybe an occasional project (need depth anyway).

I’d be much more upset about Kaelin if we weren’t in the mix for Raiola. Even striking out, the portal is fine as a safety plan.

We at least offered Kaelin. As little as we heard, it seems he may have not been that interested in us, like other recent local prospects. Kaelin could see that if we did somehow land DR, his spot here would be a little useless.
This is different than ignoring Flores altogether for a couple years when we were not in the mix for any high profile QBs and took a flyer on east coast Watson, who of course never signed (for obvious reasons).

I’ve said we don’t have to land every local talent, but we better communicate with them.

I read your board often and never comment because I’m not out here being trying to be an asshole. Mizzou has been stacking some talent in the QB room. Asking if you all think this kid is any good. He would be our lowest get in some time. He looks the part but I don’t know the talent level in Nebraska. I come in peace and asking your opinions

Reactions: ssmill777
I read your board often and never comment because I’m not out here being trying to be an asshole. Mizzou has been stacking some talent in the QB room. Asking if you all think this kid is any good. He would be our lowest get in some time. He looks the part but I don’t know the talent level in Nebraska. I come in peace and asking your opinions
If Mizzou is stacking talent at QB they may need a new QB coach. I haven't heard a single relevant thing about any Mizzou qbs

Missouri had a peculiar 2022 season. They took Georgia to the wire and could have beaten them, but they also got blown out by KSU and Tennessee. They were stout on defense with a paltry offense. Brady Cook was their starting QB as a sophomore. He had decent stats (2700 yards, 64% completions, 14 tds/ 7 ints). He may be their starting QB for two more years.

Reactions: king_kong_
The portal changes things some, in so far as underrated HS QBs aren’t worth as much. Still like to see us bringing in quality HS QBs, maybe an occasional project (need depth anyway).

I’d be much more upset about Kaelin if we weren’t in the mix for Raiola. Even striking out, the portal is fine as a safety plan.

We at least offered Kaelin. As little as we heard, it seems he may have not been that interested in us, like other recent local prospects. Kaelin could see that if we did somehow land DR, his spot here would be a little useless.
This is different than ignoring Flores altogether for a couple years when we were not in the mix for any high profile QBs and took a flyer on east coast Watson, who of course never signed (for obvious reasons).

I’ve said we don’t have to land every local talent, but we better communicate with them.
Kids that grow up in Nebraska can’t wait to get the hell out

Missouri had a peculiar 2022 season. They took Georgia to the wire and could have beaten them, but they also got blown out by KSU and Tennessee. They were stout on defense with a paltry offense. Brady Cook was their starting QB as a sophomore. He had decent stats (2700 yards, 64% completions, 14 tds/ 7 ints). He may be their starting QB for two more years.
He won’t be the starter and will probably transfer. Good kid but he’s not a power 5 guy.

Reactions: ssmill777
There have been several Omaha metro QBs who’ve gone elsewhere and had success

None in the SEC, however

The perception it brings by signing a top HS QB is almost more important then the QB actually panning out. Dylan’s commit alone would land at least 5 other top kids that wouldn’t come here otherwise. I guess one could say it FOMO

Kids that grow up in Nebraska can’t wait to get the hell out
Frost’s playcall sheet ….

60b9ee2c2e1e4.jpg

The perception it brings by signing a top HS QB is almost more important then the QB actually panning out. Dylan’s commit alone would land at least 5 other top kids that wouldn’t come here otherwise. I guess one could say it FOMO
Absolutely. I joked? a while back, I wish we could get an NIL deal just to get him to commit, whether or not he stuck with it. Just for the peer recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT