ADVERTISEMENT

Bears making a huge mistake.

Its not important to starters. Just a lot of unnecessary wear and tear on them. It should be 2 games, But, it is very valuable for young guys trying to make the team.

I feel like a 53 man roster is too small. Id like to see it at 60
It's a way to pad the owners pockets. Season ticket holders have to pay for the games as part of the season package. So a lot end up going, since they have to pay anyway. Which means beer and food revenue. Local TV affiliates usually get the pre-season games so they like that as well.

Reactions: drubendall
It's a way to pad the owners pockets. Season ticket holders have to pay for the games as part of the season package. So a lot end up going, since they have to pay anyway. Which means beer and food revenue. Local TV affiliates usually get the pre-season games so they like that as well.
Preseason will be done entirely as soon as the league adds an 18th game

Had a rare opportunity to listen to 30 minutes of sports radio yesterday, think it was ESPN. They just happened to be talking about the Bears and man, there is a lot of optimism about them making the playoffs this year. The NFC North will be a fun watch.

Reactions: king_kong_
I'd be surprised if it held him out longer than Sept

but he will surely not have his chance to win the job out of camp
On the radio up here in Minnesota they were suggesting he would probably have the repair, not the trim, which would sideline him for several months, not weeks…

I don’t know much about this kind of surgery, but the trim sounded like a quick fix that leads to degenerative issues, whereas the repair would be restorative.

On the radio up here in Minnesota they were suggesting he would probably have the repair, not the trim, which would sideline him for several months, not weeks…

I don’t know much about this kind of surgery, but the trim sounded like a quick fix that leads to degenerative issues, whereas the repair would be restorative.

I seriously doubt they would take the quick fix ( trim) with a Rookie and and someone they consider the franchise QB.

My wife had the repair in 2019. Full 6 weeks 100% non-weight bearing and a long recovery after that. A young athlete will bounce back a LOT quicker but it's no fun. I'm no expert but I the repair is when the meniscus is torn away from where it attaches to bone and it has to be tied down via a hole drilled into bone. Two different kinds of injuries (vs the trimming) and it's really hard to see on imaging if its torn loose, which is why they don't know until they get inside.

• Wow
I know you cant forecast injuries...but as small as JJ was, it cannot come as a shock either, and reason # 28 why I wouldnt have paid Jefferson. They arent going anywhere anyway, even with an undersized rookie QB, I would have added some picks to my arsenol and made a run in a season or 2.
combine measurements:

JJ McCarthy - 6'2.5", 219lbs
Pat Mahomes - 6'2", 225lbs

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I just went and double checked JJ and Mabomes combine numbers cause I found that difficult to believe...

...I'll ll be over here with a red face for a while now.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Jefferson is going to earn every dollar of his huge contract catching passes from Sam Darnold. Good luck JJ.
signing him to that contract makes him infinitely more tradable

the team that targets him doesn't need to guess what he'll cost or if he'll sign

see: the jets current saga with Haason Reddick

I know you cant forecast injuries...but as small as JJ was, it cannot come as a shock either, and reason # 28 why I wouldnt have paid Jefferson. They arent going anywhere anyway, even with an undersized rookie QB, I would have added some picks to my arsenol and made a run in a season or 2.
As an owner, would you just tell the fans you are happy keeping their money while being under the cap? They are still $16 million under for 2024, 68 million for 2025, 116 million for 2026.

No benefit to hoarding money and letting young pro-bowl players walk. Why even draft great players if you are going to let them leave?

As an owner, would you just tell the fans you are happy keeping their money while being under the cap? They are still $16 million under for 2024, 68 million for 2025, 116 million for 2026.

No benefit to hoarding money and letting young pro-bowl players walk. Why even draft great players if you are going to let them leave?
owners can't even do that, per the CBA

NFL teams must spend a minimum of 90% of overall cap space every year

Well I hope they enjoy that great receiver while their sitting at home watching the playoffs.

signing him to that contract makes him infinitely more tradable

the team that targets him doesn't need to guess what he'll cost or if he'll sign

see: the jets current saga with Haason Reddick
They aren't trading JJ. He is the face of the franchise and the only relevancy they have at all. I have no idea why people are so upset at his contract. It will be nothing in 3 years.

As opposed to watching Sam Darnold throw to Hockenson and Addison while not making the playoffs? There is no downside to his contract. They don't have other players to lockup.
I think Darnold and his experience has a better chance of making the playoffs than McCarthy did.

As opposed to watching Sam Darnold throw to Hockenson and Addison while not making the playoffs? There is no downside to his contract. They don't have other players to lockup.

Just saying what I would have done...doesn't mean i'm right...but under my scenario, they add a couple really nice picks via a trade, and get a better draft position next year cause they were gonna suck this year anyway....I'd play the long game as far away as they feel, to me anyway

They aren't trading JJ. He is the face of the franchise and the only relevancy they have at all. I have no idea why people are so upset at his contract. It will be nothing in 3 years.
agree about the contract

vikes should absolutely explore a trade immediately

Just saying what I would have done...doesn't mean i'm right...but under my scenario, they add a couple really nice picks via a trade, and get a better draft position next year cause they were gonna suck this year anyway....I'd play the long game as far away as they feel, to me anyway
Jefferson is 25 years old. So at best you would be hoping to draft a replacement for him, that is roughly 3 years younger. A full rebuild would be a tough sell with the state of NFC North, IMO. All other teams ascending and have high aspirations.

Jefferson is 25 years old. So at best you would be hoping to draft a replacement for him, that is roughly 3 years younger. A full rebuild would be a tough sell with the state of NFC North, IMO. All other teams ascending and have high aspirations.

If your goal is to win a SB, you are better off being really good, which Vikes aren't, or really bad, with a lot of picks to quickly change ypur fortune and loads of cap space. Average is NFL purgatory.

If your goal is to win a SB, you are better off being really good, which Vikes aren't, or really bad, with a lot of picks to quickly change ypur fortune and loads of cap space. Average is NFL purgatory.
Every Vikings fan I know just wants to finish ahead of the Packers and/or make the playoffs. Super Bowl isn't really a thing for those poor fans.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Fans complaining about contracts is the most tired take there is.

I find the NFL fascinating, and all that it entails. Contracts, because of salary caps, are part of the fun when it comes to following the NFL. I get it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but to call it a tired take is weird because its a huge part of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT