ADVERTISEMENT

Bad Adrian at its finest.

Adrian has no vision or anticipation when it comes to making throws. The AM apologists will just continue to say it's the offensive line of course.

Obviously they don't watch college football because QB's constantly make throws under pressure! Hell how many times do we get burned by loosing QB's making a throw just before the blitz gets there??! That's football and average QB's make those throw all the time..
99% of the QBs have some form of a running game and have much better protection. Guys like you just think its robotics . Rattler didnt look so hot under pressure, they we're talking Heisman at the start of the season. So AM can't handle all the pressure on him, ok. Everybody in our fanbase with a brain was worried when he left the game. He's up and down. Playing calling and pressures of carrying the offense is real.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
99% of the QBs have some form of a running game and have much protection. Guys like you just think its robotics . Rattler didnt look so hot under pressure, they we're talking Heisman at the start of the season. So AM can't handle all the pressure on him, ok. Everybody in our fanbase with a brain was worried when he left the game. He's up and down. Playing calling and pressures of carrying the offense is real.
Personally, I was not worried about losing AM last Sat. This NU team has shown an ability to lose with AM or without AM.

AM is first in the Big Ten in QBR (Whatever made up stat that is)
and 34th in the country in completion %
He has also been sacked the second most times in the country and in the conference he has been sacked 18 times with no one else even at 10.
He has the second most passing yards in the Big Ten and he has the highest yards per completion.

Some of you guys that claim to know football sound like the parents that send me and the staff emails about why their kid should be playing more.

If you want to say he is a loser and not a winner, that is cool and I agree. But bashing his stats just doesn't make sense and hopefully next year the new QB has similar stats but just with wins.

He has the second most passing yards in the Big Ten
we've played 5 games, everyone else but illinois has played 4. he's 4th in yards/game

he's having the best season of his career. I hope Frost keeps doing what he's been doing to limit his exposure. AM is perhaps the ultimate less is more type player

I also fully believe he makes every single play a lot more difficult than it needs to be & could've easily avoided 1/2 the sacks he's taken

Reactions: 1Ramsker3
not for nothing but the actual best QB in the B1G, Tua's little bro, is getting 3.5 points at home on Friday night against the most overrated team in the country a week before the biggest game of their season

we've played 5 games, everyone else but illinois has played 4. he's 4th in yards/game

he's having the best season of his career. I hope Frost keeps doing what he's been doing to limit his exposure. AM is perhaps the ultimate less is more type player

I also fully believe he makes every single play a lot more difficult than it needs to be & could've easily avoided 1/2 the sacks he's taken
That is fine but you can't argue he is bad at completing passes when the stats show that is not the case. And you can't argue he "sucks" at being a QB when the stats don't show that.

He doesn't win games, which is all we care about and some guys just lose while some guys just win. He stats show he is above average.

It sucks that he can't win because that is all we want.

Hopefully next year the QB has the same stats BUT with wins. And if that is the case, we will all talk about how great the QB play is.

not for nothing but the actual best QB in the B1G, Tua's little bro, is getting 3.5 points at home on Friday night against the most overrated team in the country a week before the biggest game of their season
Love this line and Iowa should struggle hard defending him. I would LOVE to see MD score first in this game.

It also shows how lame Iowa is that this line is 3.5. This is a "top 5" team vs an unranked team.

Love this line and Iowa should struggle hard defending him. I would LOVE to see MD score first in this game.
Iowa will do what Iowa does. Take away the run , put pressure on that kid and make him beat them with his arm. I'd like to see it but I think Iowa wins. I will take the good proven defensive team everytime. Maryland must prove it.

Reactions: dinglefritz
That is fine but you can't argue he is bad at completing passes when the stats show that is not the case. And you can't argue he "sucks" at being a QB when the stats don't show that.

He doesn't win games, which is all we care about and some guys just lose while some guys just win. He stats show he is above average.

Hopefully next year the QB has the same stats BUT with wins. And if that is the case, we will all talk about how great the QB play is.
I would never say he *can't* complete passes

I would absolutely say he can't consistently accurately complete passes to give his guys a chance after the catch

I would also absolutely say racking up total offense between the 20s =/= not sucking at being a QB, especially since a large percentage of his rushing yards are gained as a direct result of him not being able to see the field/trust himself to make winning plays in the passing game

finally, I would say there's no more single important stat for a QB than team wins

I really really really hope we NEVER have another quarterback with AM's stats, as his inability as a distributor is what leads to both his gaudy individual numbers and his piddly winning percentage

all of this is assuming his vomit-inducing turnover stats are being considered, as well

Reactions: datdathusker
Iowa will do what Iowa does. Take away the run , put pressure on that kid and make him beat them with his arm. I'd like to see it but I think Iowa wins. I will take the good proven defensive team everytime. Maryland must prove it.
Yeah I get that.
MD seems like they start off well each season and then fade hard.

unlike our guy, Tua's little bro can sling it with the best of them.

he's leading the league in passing with a 10/1 TD/INT ratio.

if iowa wants to make him beat them with his arm, MD wins going away.

I would never say he *can't* complete passes

I would absolutely say he can't consistently accurately complete passes to give his guys a chance after the catch

I would also absolutely say racking up total offense between the 20s =/= not sucking at being a QB, especially since a large percentage of his rushing yards are gained as a direct result of him not being able to see the field/trust himself to make winning plays in the passing game

finally, I would say there's no more single important stat for a QB than team wins

I really really really hope we NEVER have another quarterback with AM's stats, as his inability as a distributor is what leads to both his gaudy individual numbers and his piddly winning percentage
What do you mean by "distributor"

What do you mean by "distributor"
he is incapable of getting the ball out, on time, to the appropriate teammate. of the 25 passes he attempts per game, maybe 5 are in rhythm. maybe.

it's incredibly rare to see one of our skill guys catch a pass in stride

when forced out of his first read, his completion percentage dips drastically

he is also not trusted to do ANYTHING at the line of scrimmage on his own

30% of his rushing totals can be attributed to his inability to play quarterback as intended

Reactions: 1Ramsker3
he is incapable of getting the ball out, on time, to the appropriate teammate. of the 25 passes he attempts per game, maybe 5 are in rhythm. maybe.

when forced out of his first read, his completion percentage dips drastically

he is also not trusted to do ANYTHING at the line of scrimmage on his own

30% of his rushing totals can be attributed to his inability to play quarterback as intended
Ahhh.

Watching the O-Line on that play, I don't understand the point of pulling the left guard all the way over to block the DE on the opposite side. Is this an attempt to disguise this play as a run to the right? If so, it failed miserably.

Granted, it would have helped if Hixson hadn't whiffed on the DE, but the blocking scheme still makes no sense to me. If Hixson was capable of handling the DE one-on-one, he'd be the starting RT.
We run variations off the same play. You’ve heard the term RPO, right? I could be wrong certainly but I’m assuming that was the case.

Unfortunately our OL whiff on a lot of blocks. But the play call was great. Either the poor OL play leads to AM missing wide open guys or made a horrible read.

that hurts to see.

Yeah OL blocking has changed big time.

Who pulls and way is not like it was back in the day and the use of H-Back blocking has changed schemes too.

I have to disagree.

1) 96 was on him real quick

2) Falck looks like he WAS covered. #9 and then #12 comes into the picture.

3) AM would have had to twist and thus not had much on the throw. With a possible interception.
Eh.. We can agree to disagree. There are so many examples and I also think it came out that they practiced that play all week and Falck was his only read and he whiffed. There was a ton of other pictures as well that showed how bad he was.

Was
99% of the QBs have some form of a running game and have much better protection. Guys like you just think its robotics . Rattler didnt look so hot under pressure, they we're talking Heisman at the start of the season. So AM can't handle all the pressure on him, ok. Everybody in our fanbase with a brain was worried when he left the game. He's up and down. Playing calling and pressures of carrying the offense is real.
99% huh......Did Michigan State QB have a running game and BETTER PROTECTION??!
He didn't get a 1st down the entire 2nd half and still WON THE GAME! How is that???

Eh.. We can agree to disagree. There are so many examples and I also think it came out that they practiced that play all week and Falck was his only read and he whiffed. There was a ton of other pictures as well that showed how bad he was.
He no doubt missed some wide open guys in particular on that first play in OT. That said, as I recall that play he was running for his life. It all looks easy sitting on my recliner with a cold beverage. The kid made some fantastic plays to bail his team out of third and forever on multiple occasions during that MSU game. You take the good with the bad and almost all college QBs are like that.

Touting AM2s running stats reminds me of back in Callahan's days when he was boasting about his kick returner setting the Nebraska record for most kick return yards in a season. Hello! that just means the opposing team had more kickoffs against Nebraska that year than any prior Nebraska team (i.e., your defense sucks worse than any team in recent memory). I will grant you without AM2's superior athleticism, things would probably look a lot worse. But, the reason he has such gaudy running numbers is his inability to see the open receivers, his indecisiveness, his inability to anticipate when a receiver will come open and to throw to that spot, and often simply his bad decisions on options plays . And his completion percentage is in no small part because of the number of check downs, like the one yard pass to the RB in overtime when he had Falk (I think) wide open up the middle seam for what would have been a TD (if he had throw on target, that is). On far too many plays, AM2 still has the ball in his hand when it should not be, and therefore has to run or throw a check down out pass. At the very least, if he threw the ball away when he should, we wouldn't have all those sacks -but of course then his % wouldn't look so good, would it? Those plays all hurt the team, even if they leave him with good numbers personally. Thus, he is the losingest QB all time at UNL, notwithstanding such gaudy numbers.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
He no doubt missed some wide open guys in particular on that first play in OT. That said, as I recall that play he was running for his life. It all looks easy sitting on my recliner with a cold beverage. The kid made some fantastic plays to bail his team out of third and forever on multiple occasions during that MSU game. You take the good with the bad and almost all college QBs are like that.
I agree. He has definitely bailed us out and he is playing much better than the Adrian we know,. I'm glad we have him, just stating that if he sees the field against MSU we blow them out and the pass rush probably slows down a little because he is carving them up. Same thing with OU. He missed some reads... He is doing a lot for us no doubt, but if he could ever just make the correct read even 50% of the time we might be a team that no one wants to play and would win a lot of games. Like I said, we blow MSU out if he sees the field.

Corcoran and Benhart have given up a combined 50 QB pressures! And they are blocking against 4 man fronts. The opposing teams have only blitzed 5 times all season and the O line still can’t stop them.

• Wow
Reactions: WHCSC
Touting AM2s running stats reminds me of back in Callahan's days when he was boasting about his kick returner setting the Nebraska record for most kick return yards in a season. Hello! that just means the opposing team had more kickoffs against Nebraska that year than any prior Nebraska team (i.e., your defense sucks worse than any team in recent memory). I will grant you without AM2's superior athleticism, things would probably look a lot worse. But, the reason he has such gaudy running numbers is his inability to see the open receivers, his indecisiveness, his inability to anticipate when a receiver will come open and to throw to that spot, and often simply his bad decisions on options plays . And his completion percentage is in no small part because of the number of check downs, like the one yard pass to the RB in overtime when he had Falk (I think) wide open up the middle seam for what would have been a TD (if he had throw on target, that is). On far too many plays, AM2 still has the ball in his hand when it should not be, and therefore has to run or throw a check down out pass. At the very least, if he threw the ball away when he should, we wouldn't have all those sacks -but of course then his % wouldn't look so good, would it? Those plays all hurt the team, even if they leave him with good numbers personally. Thus, he is the losingest QB all time at UNL, notwithstanding such gaudy numbers.

This is what average what FANatics don't understand. If you make the throws accurately when you do have time, see the whole field and get rid of the ball the score isn't even that close!

The year Joe Burrow won't be Heisman he was running for his life damn near every game. I recall some of the best throws under pressure I've seen since watching college football. Running round for 5 seconds, dodging tacklers then throwing dimes thru tight windows and getting killed right after.

Defenses are catching up to offenses now.. You have to have a quick decision maker who has vision and accuracy. Texas AM and Clemson finding that out right now!

Reactions: oldjar07
Adrian was a pre-season Heisman candidate at one point. It obviously means less than squat. The Alabama and Arkansas quarterbacks appear to be the best two quarterbacks in the country. Rattler is not even in the same league as them.

The record shows it. Good quarterbacks don't lead their team to a losing record all 4 seasons they started. Yes, AM puts up a lot of empty stats. He puts up a lot of passing yardage at times but has very few passing TD's. It's critical downs where he's the worst, and where he constantly makes bad decisions. He also has blinders on and can't see half of what most DI quarterbacks can see. He's a below average qb at best.

The record shows it. Good quarterbacks don't lead their team to a losing record all 4 seasons they started. Yes, AM puts up a lot of empty stats. He puts up a lot of passing yardage at times but has very few passing TD's. It's critical downs where he's the worst, and where he constantly makes bad decisions. He also has blinders on and can't see half of what most DI quarterbacks can see. He's a below average qb at best.
A new line has been drawn. He is below average at best.

Adrian was a pre-season Heisman candidate at one point. It obviously means less than squat. The Alabama and Arkansas quarterbacks appear to be the best two quarterbacks in the country. Rattler is not even in the same league as them.
Pre season Heisman like two years ago maybe.
This is what average what FANatics don't understand. If you make the throws accurately when you do have time, see the whole field and get rid of the ball the score isn't even that close!

The year Joe Burrow won't be Heisman he was running for his life damn near every game. I recall some of the best throws under pressure I've seen since watching college football. Running round for 5 seconds, dodging tacklers then throwing dimes thru tight windows and getting killed right after.

Defenses are catching up to offenses now.. You have to have a quick decision maker who has vision and accuracy. Texas AM and Clemson finding that out right now!
You keep ranting and raving about nonsense. Most QBs aren't Tom Brady or as you stated Heisman trophy winner Burrow. AM is the best we got, you're going to have to deal with it. If AM was at Alabama he'd be a All American, so what....it doesn't matter.

Reactions: leodisflowers

You keep ranting and raving about nonsense. Most QBs aren't Tom Brady or as you stated Heisman trophy winner Burrow. AM is the best we got, you're going to have to deal with it. If AM was at Alabama he'd be a All American, so what....it doesn't matter.
If AM was an All American at Alabama, it would be because he was coached that way. I don't think AM's inability to see the field is entirely his fault, and I think the "coaching" he's received has something to do with it. He was thought to have a lot of talent coming in, and you see rare glimpses of that. But yeah, if you can't see the field and can't read defenses, you're not going to be a good qb.

If Adrian was at Alabama he would be running down on KICKOFF COVERAGE!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT