ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Set to Revote

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea, but they were bitches the first time around for supposedly how much they have spent on football that was laughable.
I was shocked they said no the first time tbh. The president at Purdue was announcing plans to return students to campus back in April when everyone was saying it would be years before colleges made it back to campus. Brohm and Bobinski wanted to play.

Reactions: WMichBoiler
I was shocked they said no the first time tbh. The president at Purdue was announcing plans to return students to campus back in April when everyone was saying it would be years before colleges made it back to campus. Brohm and Bobinski wanted to play.

We’ve been told it was a 11-3 vote, but no proof.
That is what the 8 Nebraska football players lawsuit prevails that everyone wants to see it...

Now there is going to be another vote...Kind of makes you wonder about the first one...

Reactions: bshirt73
I don't see Purdue voting no this time around. I was shocked they did in the first place to be honest.
If only Mitch Daniels was in the other political tribe, you could have tuned in here daily for an expert roundup on all the reasons he voted "No."

I don't see Purdue voting no this time around. I was shocked they did in the first place to be honest. If the big ten plays football, Purdue will likely play. Not sure what the political reasons are for Purdue to say no?
The president of Purdue, Mitch Daniels, is a former top political aid to President Ronald Reagan, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget under President George Bush, Sr., and two-term Republican Governor of Indiana.... so he is obviously a part of this secret conspiracy to cancel football for political reasons.

Several things have happened.

1) the Big 10 thought that the other big boys would join them in cancelling the season. That obviously didn’t happen and it made them look beyond stupid.

Nailed it. Delany would never have stuck his dink out there without already knowing what was going to happen.

This idiot is more like Frank the Tank:

Frank!

Hey, honey.

What the hell are you doing?

We're streaking. We're going up through the quad to the gymnasium.

Who's streaking?

There's more coming.

Frank, get in the car.

Everybody's doing it.

Now!

we-are-going-streaking-through-the-quad.jpg

I see the academics digging in their heels and not letting the athletics push them around. They'll have a transparent vote this time and it will still go the wrong way and there won't be any way to fight it. :(

I see the academics digging in their heels and not letting the athletics push them around. They'll have a transparent vote this time and it will still go the wrong way and there won't be any way to fight it. :(
This is my fear. The transparent vote will supersede the need to reveal the inner workings from the first vote.

If the vote is still no, I kinda want to see the lawsuit continue forward to see what the conversations were all about to begin with.

The president of Purdue, Mitch Daniels, is a former top political aid to President Ronald Reagan, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget under President George Bush, Sr., and two-term Republican Governor of Indiana.... so he is obviously a part of this secret conspiracy to cancel football for political reasons.
Haha I wonder how much Mitch is still tied into politics tbh. He has taken Purdue and froze tuition for about ten years. Created a plan to do 2.2 billion dollars in campus renovations. Increased staff salaries. Made the education better/higher ranked. He also sits in the crowd on game days and rides his Harley from tailgate to tailgate hanging out with people. He's a pretty good president.

There will be no real re-vote. The agreement to do so was nothing more than the political posturing. Similar to what many are accusing POTUS of for contacting Warren. They will call for a vote, the same 11-3 margin will prevail.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Why does the majority of the conference have to vote yes for everybody to play? Can Warren not just say "If you want to play then play, if you don't then dont"? Leave it up to the individual schools and hold nothing against the schools that choose not to

There will be no real re-vote. The agreement to do so was nothing more than the political posturing. Similar to what many are accusing POTUS of for contacting Warren. They will call for a vote, the same 11-3 margin will prevail.

And you know this how? First I would think Warren would want to ask them, do we want to reconsider and vote on this again..

And you know this how? First I would think Warren would want to ask them, do we want to reconsider and vote on this again..

IF there was a real desire for a re-vote it would have been done already. If all it was going to take was for Trump to give money for the immediate tests, then they would have stated that as the only reason for them voting to not play to begin with.

How ironic would it be if the vote goes 13-1 with Nebraska being the lone for play vote....

I wish another vote is eminent but I don't think it is, at least not in time for an Oct 10 start. I think normally you would like to have 30 days of fall camp to play. The rumors are non stop. Warren continues to look like a man that is in way over his head.
Regarding the lawsuit, the judge's order falls short of allowing production of the material needed to show "HOW" Warren had everyone engaged working in silos. The issue is not that the vote was 11-3, but how those voting got their information, if they had dialog with medical doctors, ADs all on one call so their could be the appropriate discussion and dialog. We are not getting transcripts or audio of those meetings so nothing really changes as to the transparency issue.

Maybe I’m reading Sean and the other outlets wrong but they already said that a re-vote is happening. At least on the scrolls it’s pinned that a vote should happen. If they vote Sean already said there would be fall football. They are not bringing it to a formal vote without the number needed behind closed doors. If a vote happens there will be for 100% fact be football. Sean states this word for word pretty much.

Reactions: zrob and scarletred
Well regardless of whether they revote or not, the B1G needs to regain control of the PR for the conference. It's ridiculous having all these different rumors floating around. They are looking like a bunch of clowns.

Maybe I’m reading Sean and the other outlets wrong but they already said that a re-vote is happening. At least on the scrolls it’s pinned that a vote should happen. If they vote Sean already said there would be fall football. They are not bringing it to a formal vote without the number needed behind closed doors. If a vote happens there will be for 100% fact be football. Sean states this word for word pretty much.

How long does it take to vote?

How long does it take to vote?

Your set in your ways so no use bringing the paid info here then. You know all the answers am I right or am I right? I’m telling you what Sean and several outlets are reporting. You can say SirYacht is a douche but he called this all way before Sean and other Nebraska media members. The team is practicing today and tomorrow for 75 minutes as allowed per the 12 hr per week rule. Sean said camp can and will resume as soon as Saturday IF the vote goes through.

What Sean said was they are gathering votes to play behind closed doors, if a formal transparent vote is made then there will 100% be fall football. He said they won’t bring a formal transparent vote forward if they don’t have the support (votes), to overturn the original decision.

I’m not saying there will be football, Sean said specifically to hold onto your butts the next 48 hours and see where things go.

Reactions: scarletred
Your set in your ways so no use bringing the paid info here then. You know all the answers am I right or am I right? I’m telling you what Sean and several outlets are reporting. You can say SirYacht is a douche but he called this all way before Sean and other Nebraska media members. The team is practicing today and tomorrow for 75 minutes as allowed per the 12 hr per week rule. Sean said camp can and will resume as soon as Saturday IF the vote goes through.

What Sean said was they are gathering votes to play behind closed doors, if a formal transparent vote is made then there will 100% be fall football. He said they won’t bring a formal transparent vote forward if they don’t have the support (votes), to overturn the original decision.

I’m not saying there will be football, Sean said specifically to hold onto your butts the next 48 hours and see where things go.

And I am saying we've been hearing the Big Ten is about to begin football for weeks and that there is about to be a vote from several outlets. Nothing has happened except a couple of presidents have reaffirmed what they already voted on.

No offense but keep your paid info, this isn't 2002 when all of that info was worth something. If I want inside info, I know where to go to read the same thing Sean is writing, and I'll get it for free.

If they do vote to “play”, Im afraid they’ll make the stipulations so impossible to reach the season wil naturally be cancelled. It’ll be their version “if you like your doctor and plan, you can keep your doctor and plan”.
It’ll be yeah, we can play, but not unless these 100000000 covid stipulations are met.

some of the schools voted against letting nebraska into the B10 because the academics did not fit the minimum profile of all the other schools in the league. nebraska wanted the money and any kind of academic prestige they could get from B10 and the B10 wanted neb for the money. there was never a fit culturally. both sides chose strange bedfellows for money. they all got what they were looking for. $$
but there was going to be a price to be paid for choosing the $$

If they do vote to “play”, Im afraid they’ll make the stipulations so impossible to reach the season wil naturally be cancelled. It’ll be their version “if you like your doctor and plan, you can keep your doctor and plan”.
It’ll be yeah, we can play, but not unless these 100000000 covid stipulations are met.
I think they’ll attempt to make it a crap show.

Sir Yacht, doggedly, threw 50 pieces of poo up against a brick wall.

One of those pieces of poo finally stuck to the wall.

And people are running around pretending he "called this"?

Reactions: bigboxes
Sir Yacht, doggedly, threw 50 pieces of poo up against a brick wall.

One of those pieces of poo finally stuck to the wall.

And people are running around pretending he "called this"?

What I'm saying is he called about a re-vote 2 days before with specific details, Sean C said the same thing 2 days later. He called the season being postponed 3 days before it happened. Believe he even brought up rapid testing before it was released that POTUS would give the BIG all the resources they need to play FB. I don't follow YACHT boy like most, but very interesting he was first on all of this and Sean said the exact same thing or similar. He has been far more right then wrong, time will tell with what's going on.

Even if rumors of a re-vote are true, i don't see 6 changing their mind. If they do, they better make their votes public and documented.

And I am saying we've been hearing the Big Ten is about to begin football for weeks and that there is about to be a vote from several outlets. Nothing has happened except a couple of presidents have reaffirmed what they already voted on.

No offense but keep your paid info, this isn't 2002 when all of that info was worth something. If I want inside info, I know where to go to read the same thing Sean is writing, and I'll get it for free.
I have no idea what you're talking about. The thing we've been hearing for weeks from the Big 10 is no fall football. That's only changed in the last week or so where momentum has pushed discussions of an earlier start date. You may well be right and the vote will go the same way. But when you have to tell a bunch of mistruths just to support your point, it makes it easier to believe someone like Sean Callahan's viewpoint rather than yours.

Reactions: bluenrg

This would be very useful for those on a certain side of the aisle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT