ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Set to Revote

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jimmy Chitwood affect, "I think we ought to vote again."

chitwood.jpg

Looks to be happening that is all I'll say. I don't know if I'm allowed to share info from the paid forum here where I am a member.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Mr. YachtBoy (SIRYACHT) on twitter said a re-vote will happen this week. People blew him off, but he called this on Monday of this week. Sean followed up with the exact same info this evening from a few other sources. Looking like there will be FB this fall, OCT 10th is the start date. Sean said basically to hold onto your butts and lets play ball! The team will practice Thursday & Friday for 75 minutes each day and if all goes well with the vote they will open up camp again as soon as Saturday.

Last edited:
They should allow teams to schedule non-conference games starting in 2 weeks. We could probably get 2 additional games on the schedule.
From what I can try and keep straight it’s a 10 game schedule with a potential 1 OOC game. The biggest hurdle has been figuring out when 3-4 teams decide to opt out, how to make that schedule and how to go about making it all work.

Reactions: bluenrg
I hope it's an honest vote and that Warren or somebody else didn't see to it that they didn't vote until he was sure he had the no votes to defeat this.

Haven't looked into it, but buddy of mine said last night that Oct 10 is the cutoff date to play games AND be eligible for playoffs. Again, no clue if that's accurate but sure looks to be more than coincidence.

I don't believe it. Nobody likes to admit their wrong.

I’m not sure they would be admitting anything. Maybe there were guarantees provided that were new, and who knows what warren or others were selling the first time around.

They are actually trying to spin Kevin Warren now in a positive light that he is trying to get the presidents to play and that it was never his fault. The damage control they are doing is almost comical, but it does give me hope that we will play sooner than later.

Exactly! A nice post sir.....thank you!

I don't want to piss on the bonfire, but I have a hard time seeing Purdue and Northwestern going along, and it seems to me that the governors of MI, WI and Penn will be leaning heavily on the administration of their colleges to say no for very political reasons - particularly MI and WI. That would make the vote very close. On the other hand, if they go through with the charade of a vote only to have it be "no" again, they are going to have made an even bigger mockery of the whole circus then they already have - but I truly do not put that past these people at this point.

I don't want to piss on the bonfire, but I have a hard time seeing Purdue and Northwestern going along, and it seems to me that the governors of MI, WI and Penn will be leaning heavily on the administration of their colleges to say no for very political reasons - particularly MI and WI. That would make the vote very close. On the other hand, if they go through with the charade of a vote only to have it be "no" again, they are going to have made an even bigger mockery of the whole circus then they already have - but I truly do not put that past these people at this point.

Several things have happened.

1) the Big 10 thought that the other big boys would join them in cancelling the season. That obviously didn’t happen and it made them look beyond stupid.
2)Supposedly the reason to not move forward was due to not having rapid/affordable testing. The president made it known publicly that this will be offered.
3)Nebraska keeps pushing them to provide proof that a vote did take place.

Essentially, The Big10 has run out of excuses to not try to play this season and they are in a fishbowl. Big shout to out our players, Ohio St. and President Trump!

Several things have happened.

1) the Big 10 thought that the other big boys would join them in cancelling the season. That obviously didn’t happen and it made them look beyond stupid.
2)Supposedly the reason to not move forward was due to not having rapid/affordable testing. The president made it known publicly that this will be offered.
3)Nebraska keeps pushing them to provide proof that a vote did take place.

Essentially, The Big10 has run out of excuses to not try to play this season and they are in a fishbowl. Big shout to out our players, Ohio St. and President Trump!

Cat, please stop bringing logic on a football message board.

I don't see Purdue voting no this time around. I was shocked they did in the first place to be honest. If the big ten plays football, Purdue will likely play. Not sure what the political reasons are for Purdue to say no?

I don't see Purdue voting no this time around. I was shocked they did in the first place to be honest. If the big ten plays football, Purdue will likely play. Not sure what the political reasons are for Purdue to say no?

No idea, but they were bitches the first time around for supposedly how much they have spent on football that was laughable.

Anyone have any idea how the revenue sharing piece of this is going to work out? Let’s say the overall plan is 10 games, but after 1 game Team A days “We’re out”. Team B plays all 10 games. Will they split revenue based on games played or still share it equally?
GBR!

Anyone have any idea how the revenue sharing piece of this is going to work out? Let’s say the overall plan is 10 games, but after 1 game Team A days “We’re out”. Team B plays all 10 games. Will they split revenue based on games played or still share it equally?
GBR!

I doubt they even got that far considering they all knew they were going to vote to cancel the season in July

Yeah, I'm really interested in the details. What happens to players that test positive, do they sit out 2 weeks? Does the team have to forfeit 2 games if enough of their players test positive? Are there anonymous hotlines to report players that are breaking distancing rules? If teams don't play their entire schedule are they eligible for the Big10 championship? You guys know my position from my other thread, but I think this is a house of cards, and there will be an "incident" or a "whistleblower" and it will all come down.

Yeah, I'm really interested in the details. What happens to players that test positive, do they sit out 2 weeks? Does the team have to forfeit 2 games if enough of their players test positive? Are there anonymous hotlines to report players that are breaking distancing rules? If teams don't play their entire schedule are they eligible for the Big10 championship? You guys know my position from my other thread, but I think this is a house of cards, and there will be an "incident" or a "whistleblower" and it will all come down.

Are you this negative about everything in life or just Big Ten football?

With out football and the football revenue, the other sports aren't playing. So again, without a vote to play football, the other sports are sadly not a factor.
Totally agree. Just wondering if the vote to reinstate is just for football or all fall sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT