ADVERTISEMENT

Athletic Director Bill Moos said

Redondo

Sophomore
Oct 7, 2012
Athletic Director Bill Moos said that new tickets will be reissued to fans if a 12th game is to be scheduled to make up for the canceled season opener.

I'm thinking about those poor folks that paid 300 bucks on the secondary market. Unfortunately, a lot of them will be SOL, I wonder.

That’s pretty disappointing since I bought mine on the secondary market. So that guy who sold them is making out pretty good on the deal, free money and tickets to the new game.

As I have been told so eloquently on this board (NOT) those ticket buyers should have known about the weather cause it was predicted all week according to these experts. So only feel sorry for those who bought tickets well in advance as the rest of them should have known the game was going to be called on account of the weather and never purchased said tickets. (this is all said with tongue firmly implanted in cheek)

If tickets will be reissued, curious why the AD wanted us to hang on to our tickets? I had assumed that the Akron tickets would be re-usable. Does this change the status of said tickets then? (I always keep my stubs, just curious now)

If you bought on the secondary mkt you will be refunded ,on the secondary mkt especially stubhub they take care of the buyers, I sold my season tickets for this game on stubhub and I have already been told a full refund will be given to the person who bought, its the sth who will be left with nothing.

I just heard the back of the ticket stub says the U of N does not issue refunds. Is that true? for anyone with a stub?

As I have been told so eloquently on this board (NOT) those ticket buyers should have known about the weather cause it was predicted all week according to these experts. So only feel sorry for those who bought tickets well in advance as the rest of them should have known the game was going to be called on account of the weather and never purchased said tickets. (this is all said with tongue firmly implanted in cheek)
I gave you grief before but, I have to say, this is an awesome response!

Reactions: kidofSN
Athletic Director Bill Moos said that new tickets will be reissued to fans if a 12th game is to be scheduled to make up for the canceled season opener.

I'm thinking about those poor folks that paid 300 bucks on the secondary market. Unfortunately, a lot of them will be SOL, I wonder.
If I sold mine I would give them to whoever bought them the first time. Unfortunately on StubHub that is impossible I suppose

A logical person would say, "shit, there is some bad weather predicted for Saturday night. Do I really want to sit through a 7 hour game until 3 in the morning and get drenched, for $300, or even have it rained out, and lose the money? Or maybe just watch it on t.v?" I think the university should allow attendance for those with the tickets from the Akron game, but I do not think people should complain about being refunded when they pay many times the face value to see a game that is likely to be miserable or called.

You are correct. Anyone that bought tickets should have had a contingency plan anyway so it it their own fault.

Reactions: kidofSN and newAD
I feel sorry for people who flew into Nebraska for the game. They are out the price of a plane ticket. I always go to the opening game. Usually costs me around $400 for a roundtrip ticket, Allentown to Omaha. Had it not been for the pig roast I was hosting this year on my farm, I would have purchased plane tickets for this game. And those tickets you buy far in advance so the blamethrowers on here can't accuse those people of being foolish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT